Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

Then again, I am hoping that Julio might also appear in Portrait of a Lackey on Fire. Which makes me wonder if Julio might be jealous about Smithers hanging out with his new boyfriend named Michael. Remember, Julio was Smithers' previous boyfriend, as anybody already knows

The fact that with 'Portrait Of A Lackey' LaZebnik is writing a LGBTQ love story is maybe the most worrying thing. I can picture it turning out horribly botched to some degree, unless LaZebnik actually pull it off (and maybe his son is surprisingly good at writing) and/or Selman manages to do some "course correction" with his showrunning. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Johny is "professional" writer (not just Rob Lazebnik's son), but his effort is a little yet: just 3 kids shows. He describes homself on Twitter as writer for kids shows
https://imdb.com/name/nm3529704/
So, probably the episode quality will depend on Lazebnik senior

@Bohdan, that was what I was thinking too (and in regards to the latter with his dad being the main writing talent for the episode, it is what makes it a little worrying). Still hoping for it to be an episode that does come together as well as it can under the circumstances.

Also, I'm beginning to think that 'Not It' could be a Krusty the Clown episode all along, unless if 'Not It' will not focus on one of the Simpsons kids. After all, we haven't really got a Krusty episode in about a while

A Serious Flanders
(one preview for both parts)
A_Serious_Flanders_poster.png

1. Plot ("Ned Flanders is being chased by a ruthless killer collector. When he arrives in Springfield, Ned and Homer's lives are sucked into the skillfully violent world of prestige TV. Then their affairs get worse and worse…") - Sounds really entreating, on-run-from-villian-format-bender episode. Cool... isn't it? Or all can turn into dull mash-up about all and about nothing. Also, that "Simpflix", "stream-drama", "like 6 TH segments" and so on. and add classic "it's 2-parter" makes me really worried/wondered, HOW IT WILL WORKS?🤯 and don't give 100% ensure of being good. Anyway, just for story, 4/5 (part 1) and 3.5/5 (part 2, lower just because of poor official story description)
2. The Biggest Possible Problem is too much experiments from Selman and co:P. It has all chances for fiasco... but that's, to be honest, THE WORST POSSIBLE scenario
3. To note: after these 2 Cesar Mazariegos came out from me as "freelance" (3 episodes), and I'll see. New director-woman Debbie Mahan (the promo images have some unique nice style), Matthew Faughnan (one of better directors) and Selman (and Jean's exciting) - all signs to be GREAT.
4. Promo stuff Much, MUCH HIPE.:hulk:Good hipe!
5. Possible ratings skipped this time (p2 estimating would depend on p1 + it's ruined itself, I refuse of it)

SO, It's going to be something... hope great format-bender. Part 1 - 4-4.5, Part 2 4.5-5. Good-to-great!😃 Despite all possible problems, I'm still very excited of these one(s)

Now that Jessica Conrad recently wrote UABF19, the only people from The Simpsons we got left are J. Stewart Burns, David M. Stern (probably), and maybe Matt Selman again (although he already wrote one of the three segments for THOH XXXIII for next year)

As I've said before, 'A Serious Flanders' do seem like a promising two-parter and hope it delivers to some extent.

Something I don't get is why they've chosen to parody 'Fargo' the streaming show instead of the original 1996 movie? Surely the movie is much more well known and something more people have seen which would make it more logical to spoof? Just a thought.

Oh jeepers, I almost forgot about Dan Greaney, now that I think of it. Forget David M. Stern, unless if he might write one of the upcoming episodes for Season 34, probably for the thirty-fourth production cycle. However, maybe we might possibly get one more freelance writer for the rest of the UABF cycle

All right Mr. Lascelle, sometime later either this morning or afternoon, it's almost time for you to do your preview for Part 1 of A Serious Flanders in Resetera

All right Mr. Lascelle, sometime later either this morning or afternoon, it's almost time for you to do your preview for Part 1 of A Serious Flanders in Resetera
For such posts there is ability for private conversation (earlier known as messages):mad:

Some characters from Walt Disney Television Animation such as Perry the Platypus and Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb, Sprig Plantar from Amphibia, Cricket Green from Big City Greens among others would appear in The Simpsons short "Plusaversary".

Think about more "classical" ones: Goofy, SnowWhite, Wall-E (in better case), Mickey etc. Aforementioned characters are relatively new, - not everyone knows them.

Okay, I just thought I would summarize the UABF titles, so far we already got 19 titles for the U-cycle, there's 3 more left afterwards:

UABF01 - Portrait of a Lackey on Fire - Rob LaZebnik & Johnny LaZebnik / Steven Dean Moore
UABF02 - Mothers and Other Strangers - Al Jean / Rob Oliver
UABF03 - A Made Maggie - Elisabeth Kiernan Averick / Timothy Bailey
UABF04 - Pixelated and Afraid - John Frink / Chris Clements
UABF05 - The Longest Marge - Brian Kelley / Matthew Nastuk
UABF06 - Boyz N the Highlands - Dan Vebber / Unknown (probably Debbie Mahan)
UABF07 - YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU! - Christine Nangle / Jennifer Moeller
UABF08 - Bart the Cool Kid - Ryan Koh / Unknown (probably Steven Dean Moore)
UABF09 - Pretty Whittle Liar - Joel H. Cohen / Mike Frank Polcino
UABF10 - The Sound of Bleeding Gums - Loni Steele Sosthand / Unknown (probably Chris Clements)
UABF11 - My Octopus and a Teacher - Carolyn Omine / Rob Oliver
UABF12 - Girls Just Shuana Have Fun - Jeff Westbrook / Unknown (probably Matthew Nastuk)
UABF13 - Meat is Murder - Michael Price / Unknown (probably Debbie Mahan)
UABF14 - Poorhouse Rock - Tim Long / Unknown (probably Jennifer Moeller)
UABF15 - Marge the Meanie - Megan Amram / Timothy Bailey
UABF16 - Habeus Tortoise - Broti Gupta / Unknown (probably Matthew Faughnan)
UABF17 - Not It - Cesar Mazariegos / Steven Dean Moore
UABF18 - Treehouse of Horror XXXIII - Carolyn Omine, Ryan Koh & Matt Selman / Rob Oliver
UABF19 - One Angry Lisa - Jessica Conrad / Unknown (probably Matthew Nastuk)
UABF20 - The King of Nice - Jessica Conrad / Unknown (probably Timothy Bailey)
UABF21 - TBA - Unknown / Unknown (probably Mike Frank Polcino)
UABF22 - TBA - Unknown / Unknown (probably Matthew Faughnan)

I should maybe do this again someday, once after all the UABF titles are revealed sometime by the end of the year. Oh! And TBA means that we don't know what the episode names are for the next three upcoming UABF production episodes yet, I know TBA stands for To Be Announced

Last edited:
Debbie Mahan just went (even hasn't go yet) in the show? Why she had to direct 3 episodes? Even the most recent Jennifer Moeller has just 2 episodes now. For the first "full" cycle Mahan can direct just 2 episode at maximum (again, analogically to Jennifer Moeller)

For me the intrigue is really about 05/06 - one of it definitely is Nastuk's effort.

How about "floating" Bob Anderson, Lance Kramer, or even Mark Kirkland (the latter might left the Simpsons completely)?

Some characters from Walt Disney Television Animation such as Perry the Platypus and Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb, Sprig Plantar from Amphibia, Cricket Green from Big City Greens among others would appear in The Simpsons short "Plusaversary".
I doubt that. The Simpsons is meant for Adults, and P&F and BCG are for kids. And adults don't have any nostalgia for them, so they probably won't include them

Debbie Mahan just went (even hasn't go yet) in the show? Why she had to direct 3 episodes? Even the most recent Jennifer Moeller has just 2 episodes now. For the first "full" cycle Mahan can direct just 2 episode at maximum (again, analogically to Jennifer Moeller)

For me the intrigue is really about 05/06 - one of it definitely is Nastuk's effort.

How about "floating" Bob Anderson, Lance Kramer, or even Mark Kirkland (the latter might left the Simpsons completely)?
I guess you have a point there Bohdan. I already edited the summarized UABF titles here

Okay guys, here's what I think what the schedule for the rest of Season 33 should look like:

The Longest Marge: Jan 2, 2022
Pixelated and Afraid: Feb 27, 2022
Boyz N the Highlands: Mar 6, 2022
YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!: Mar 13, 2022
Bart the Cool Kid: Mar 20, 2022
Pretty Whittle Liar: Apr 3, 2022
The Sound of Bleeding Gums: Apr 10, 2022
My Octopus and a Teacher: Apr 17, 2022
Girls Just Shuana Have Fun: Apr 24, 2022
Meat is Murder: May 1, 2022
Poorhouse Rock: May 8, 2022
Marge the Meanie: May 15, 2022

So what do you guys think? And by the way, I didn't have to put Marge the Meanie in here, since we already know what the airdate for Marge the Meanie is anyway

EDIT: Actually, don't worry about what I said last time, although we already know that Marge the Meanie will air on May 15th, I added Marge the Meanie in here

Last edited:
Okay guys, here's what I think what the schedule for the rest of Season 33 should look like:

Pixelated and Afraid: Feb 20, 2022
Boyz N the Highlands: Feb 27, 2022
YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!: Mar 6, 2022
Bart the Cool Kid: Mar 13, 2022
Pretty Whittle Liar: Mar 20, 2022
The Sound of Bleeding Gums: Apr 3, 2022
My Octopus and a Teacher: Apr 10, 2022
Girls Just Shuana Have Fun: Apr 24, 2022
Meat is Murder: May 1, 2022
Poorhouse Rock: May 8, 2022
I assume you left out The Longest Marge airing on 1/2. I also don't think that Fox is going to air a new episode against the Olympics closing ceremony on 2/20 - yes, I know you said there were new episodes against the Winter Olympics in 2010, but (a) there weren't in either 2014 or 2018, and (b) even in 2010, Fox aired a repeat against the closing ceremony (and no, it wasn't Oscar night; that was a week later).

I assume you left out The Longest Marge airing on 1/2. I also don't think that Fox is going to air a new episode against the Olympics closing ceremony on 2/20 - yes, I know you said there were new episodes against the Winter Olympics in 2010, but (a) there weren't in either 2014 or 2018, and (b) even in 2010, Fox aired a repeat against the closing ceremony (and no, it wasn't Oscar night; that was a week later).
Okay, I just added The Longest Marge above Pixelated and Afraid

Portrait of a Lackey on Fire
Portrait_of_a_Lackey_on_Fire_promo_5.png

1. Plot ("Smithers is truly in love with the famous fashion designer Michael, but his new relationship could destroy Springfield…") - Expecting for "a special big Smithers' episode, which explores who he's as a character, with a fun Mr. Burns plot" (not mentioned bat all), we hoped for anything, but not another X has a girl/boyfriend story ☹️ Also, that intend to move Smithers far away from long-time love to Burns doesn't sound well at all. Not disappointed, but not happy of the story. The middle 3/5
2. The Biggest Possible Problem is, of course, "tolerance" topic as it a "very gay episode"🏳️‍🌈. Personally, I have nothing against it (gay stories were done before, and were done well, sometimes), but anyway, there WILL BE people, who hates the episode just because of "not-traditional" love, and will probably ruin all possible ratings/Imdb ranks. That's an essential problem, actually :oops:
3. The story is too familiar for Lazebniks, and, as was said, it's like "let the character be like me". Also, Matt Selman and his obligatory "secondary characters explore far away from their origin" (here it's MINUS, imho). Add the faсt, Rob Lazebnik is not the best writer and Steven Dean Moore is not the best director (to put it mildly) and their duo just recently gave us the sad-known «Manger Things»
4. Promo stuff
Look at the lines, it's new prod. cycle, with puppies… Blah!

SO, I think, it's going to be bad start of new production season (not because of the topic, bit because of possible execution) 🙁2/5

I know what else will happen once we'll be in the UABF cycle this upcoming Sunday, Michael Price and Jeff Westbrook hopefully might return as Co-Executive Producers. 🙂 While we'll finally get to see Elisabeth Kiernan Averick as a Co-Executive Producer, and not only that, we'll also get to see that Jessica Conrad will finally be a Co-Producer, as well as Cesar Mazariegos. 😀 Another thing, I think Loni Steele Sosthand might be the Story Editor again for the UABF cycle, unless if she happens to be the Executive Story Editor for the 34th production cycle next year of course 🤔

Almost forgot to mention in preview about wind, or even storm from The Burns Cage. The same writer, also Lazebnik Jr based story, also Smithers has a boyfriend, outside of Burns. Despite TBG was hiped as "real coming out", but eventually, the story became lite to understand (not strong, I'd say), mixed with school subplot (Milhouse and Casablanca play).

Here (UABF01) we're going to take a punch of new Smithers (and the similar story about new boyfriend even Homer is also affected in some way). If there will be, anyway, that funny Burns' subplot (btw, I guess it's about choice of new assistant), the episode will be ok (and I'll probably be wrong for another time:P). But based on what we've seen now, the story sounds ridiculous.

I've been doing some thinking for a little bit, I don't know. I'm guessing that The King of Nice could probably be a yet another Bart episode, since Bart's hair kinda looks a bit like a king's crown. But we can't be for sure yet, you know?

Regarding the upcoming 'Portrait Of A Lackey On Fire', it is one of those episodes I definitely feel skeptical about, as it feels like it could either turn out pretty good or pretty bad. The story doesn't sound so bad at all and could be decent, but the writing is still important and despite Rob LaZebnik having help from his son it still doesn't leave me with a lot of confidendce, but we'll see.

Back