Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

While I'm still underwhelmed for the premiere (or as underwhelmed as I could possible be for a Selman-run, Oliver-directed effort), I will say that I'm rather enthused that they're going the route of making Marge the villain and rolling with a central theme of nostalgia clouding one's perception of past events.

If they play up the absurdity (Y2K by its very nature will provide them with scads of material to do just this) and deliver some winning musical numbers that afford both Bell and Chase the opportunity to showcase their vocal chops alongside some immaculately animated Oliver set pieces, I can definitely see The Star of the Backstage being an episode that wins all but the floating timeline deniers over.

If they play up the absurdity (Y2K by its very nature will provide them with scads of material to do just this) and deliver some winning musical numbers that afford both Bell and Chase the opportunity to showcase their vocal chops alongside some immaculately animated Oliver set pieces, I can definitely see The Star of the Backstage being an episode that wins all but the floating timeline deniers over.
You underestimate the ability of some people to be turned off by "musical episodes."

You underestimate the ability of some people to be turned off by "musical episodes."
Well, I'd like to think those people wouldn't watch on Sunday to begin with given that the episode has been very clearly advertised as such. But yeah, you're right that they'll watch anyhow and gripe about the episode delivering exactly what it set out to deliver. In much the same way that there are folks who don't care for horror that complained about Thanksgiving of Horror boasting graphic violence and proceeded to score it a 1.

By the way, what I meant about the epilogue for this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror XXXII is that it could be the last mini segment for this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror before the ending credits, like I kinda already said before

Looks like A Made Maggie is actually Elisabeth Kiernan Averick's third script that she wrote so far. I hope she might write an another episode for Season 34 for the 1BBF production cycle sometime next year before Season 34 happens

You know what? Hopefully sometime later this Thursday, there should be a table read for UABF16, since there wasn't a table read for UABF16 at all last Thursday and a week before, so... Maybe UABF16 is probably gonna surprise us, unless if Al Jean wants to showrun UABF16

In the episode "Boyz N the Highlands", Bart saves a goat from satanists. I think that the episode would be similar to season 19 episode "Apocalypse Cow", where Bart saves a cow called Lou.

You know, I'd be surprised if there might be a table read for UABF16 tomorrow. But hey, maybe Al Jean might reveal the episode title for UABF16 on Twitter tomorrow, unless if there happens to be a thirty-third Treehouse of Horror table read

You know, I'd be surprised if there might be a table read for UABF16 tomorrow. But hey, maybe Al Jean might reveal the episode title for UABF16 on Twitter tomorrow, unless if there happens to be a thirty-third Treehouse of Horror table read
You maded all with that "issue": us, Jean, Price, Selman… Ugh:mad: Well, just ignoring you is good, but sometimes the tolerance is over.

I really haven't say it for a while, but KEEP CALM, MAN!

Okay, okay! I'll try my very best to calm down, until whenever the time comes the next day, the next week, or something like that! 😐

I still don't get why the new THOH will have 5 segments. 4 segments I can understand given the 4 act structure. Are they going to change the format to 5 acts now or something?
To be fair, I think it's best that we wait until October 10th before we find out how it's possible for the new Treehouse of Horror to have five segments

I still don't get why the new THOH will have 5 segments. 4 segments I can understand given the 4 act structure. Are they going to change the format to 5 acts now or something?
They're probably counting the usual 1 minute opening as a segment, which means they'll probably just have 4 segments. Jean probably counts that clip they showed at Comic-Con with Vincent Price reading to Maggie that was only 50 seconds as one of the segments.

Yet there are still no promo pictures for THOH XXXII on FOXFLASH at the moment. Let's be honest, I think it's kinda annoying that there's no promo pictures for one of the upcoming episodes on FOXFLASH yet

Bart's in Jail
Bart%27s_in_Jail_promo_7.png

1. Plot ("When Grampa falls victim to a phone scammer, the Simpsons set out on a mission of vengeance to get his money back") - The story doesn't sounds interesting.😕 I mean, it isn't bad, down-to-earth, I believe, but... it is can be the main problem. Low dynamic, low interested features, guest stars with little roles (I bet both Loki and Bill Cypher + Scott Hanson will probably finish own appearance in the 1st act). On the other hand, the actual problem with phone scamming, the "family bond" to help are really nice things in premise. Oh, I don't know! Maybe more 'yes' to this broken all expections from the title story, than 'no'. 3.5/5
2. Matt Selman, now isn't something unique, if see at the count of his-runned eps. But I can't miss him, because the director Steven Dean Moore will work under him just for 2nd time (I dislike Heartbreak Hotel). Plus, Moore hasn't show any of good work in recent his efforts (even these prom images are… ok I'm go ahead). Freelancer writers are hit-or-miss, actually, and this time I think of 'miss'.
3. Promo stuff Promo-images are generic, with off-model animation, BUT they showed us the "grounding" of episode and context of guest stars (restaurant), so 1:1.🤷‍♂️
4. Possible ratings 0.7 rat 0.98-1.04 mil (my statistics can be wrong too)

SO, this one could be either surprising down-to-earth episode, or boring critical thing. 2.5-3/5 As always in such cases, I'd want to be wrong ;)

P.S. I think, if you liked Podcast News or Wad Goals, you'll like this one too.:)

'Bart's In Jail!' still sounds like a promising episode to me due to an interesting plot based on a current theme (elderly people being scammed), it is interesting to see a script by assistant producer Nick Dahan & with Selman overseeing it could work out, but I don't count on it. Guessing it'll be a nice round 3/5, but I'm ready for it to surprise.

Also, I have to wonder in what way they'll incorporate Alex Hirsch as Bill Cipher, but I'm guessing it could be the couch gag since I cannot see it being in the actual episode (also, I had been hoping he'd voice an original character than reprising this old villain role, but I'm sure he'll make for an amusing cameo either way).

A few Selman episodes have had couch gags IIRC, but it can be likely this one won't in the end, in which case it will be interesting to see how they'll work the character in the episode without it coming off as random & forced.

You know, I guess Cesar Mazariegos' halloween name for this year's Treehouse of Horror could be Midsommazariegos

I think that Sideshow Bob would appear in some season 33 episode because the character appears every 2 seasons.
I doubt it, but maybe he'll probably make a cameo appearance somewhere in Season 33. But so far, there won't be a Professor Frink episode for somewhere in Season 33

You know, I bet Kevin Michael Richardson is probably gonna voice one of the trees for the Elm Tree segment for this year's Treehouse of Horror. Then again, we shall have to wait and see

Okay Bohdan, it's almost time for you to do a preview for this year's Treehouse of Horror sometime later today, or whenever you'll get to it

Treehouse of Horror XXXII🎃
Treehouse_of_Horror_XXXII_poster.png

1. Plot
  1. «Bong Joon Ho’s ‘This Side of Parasite'» ("The Simpsons live in a poor apartment in the basement, but seek to change their conditions after Bart was hired as a mentor by the rich superstar Rainer Wolfcastle. Eventually, Bart arranges for Homer to be hired as Wolfkasl's new driver, Marge gets a maid, Lisa is hired as an art teacher, and even Maggie gets an assistant job. However, when Wolfcastle goes on vacation and the Simpsons throw a party at the estate, they discover that the house is secretly inhabited by others - Kirk and Luan van Houten, who are not happy that the Simpsons took their jobs…") - A full parody on 2-year film (not so old, actually). So, what? Sounds fantastic. Before that article came I had thought they literally use "parasite" word - like insect invasion 🕸️🐛🐝🪳But the parody is really better) I'd give 5/5, but aware of very likely mediocrity, like in Danger Things (the same atmosphere), or other recent horror parody segment. So, this story itself got 4.5/5
  2. «Bambi» ("Bambi's terrible revenge") - Someone would wait something cuteness here (really, in horror episode?). I reminded to myself short Bambi appearence in Rednecks and Broomsticks (there was violence scene when Homer just run Bambi out of screen) - it WAS decent (just IMHO). This lazy-titled segment (I believe, promo-department missed the real title) which perhaps going to be just 1-2 minutes, and from which there isn't ANY LOOK AT, I don't like so far. 2/5
  3. «Nightmare on Elm Tree» ("The trees are taking revenge on the people of Springfield") - meh. Sounds like a rehash of 50Feet Attack + a phrase about alive trees from "Holidays of Future Past". Also, that Tree Rollins self-parody "joke" don't let me up. I want this one also would last not long. 3/5
  4. «Poetic Interlude» ("Vincent Price tells Maggie "The Telltale Bart" stories") - A segment was revealed on Comic Con panel, so some "preview thoughts" are exceed. Just my mark. 2/5 Cool animation style, and scenes of Bart's pranks, but wraparound (and ending) is nothing special.
  5. «Dead Ringer» ("Lisa discovers about a party she was not invited to. However, it turns out that the are children from Springfield Elementary School, who watched the video from TikTok there, die in seven days. Lisa prepares a plan to stop TikTok from killing viewers.") - Rehash of Nightmare Cafeteria + Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace (again, from TH6). But, cause TikTok is still an actual useful (used by many) thing there is some piece satire. But the last pictures with that "dead ring girl" made some surprise, actually.:confused: Anyway, believe in good (like that can help). 3.5/5
SO, the stories in average earn 3/5 mark from me (mediocre-to-decent)
2. The first Al Jean's episode this season (who was really disappointed in Q-cycle). THOH are such episodes, because here we all understand the segments were written by all crew, but just one random name (John Frink, nothing personal to him though his last episodes weren't really good) is put in credits. In the same time Matthew Faughnan has some experience in THs, but not good:(.
3. Promo stuff was silent for a long time, but after revealing it's GOOD, what is a BAD sign😑 I'd give my personal"+", if there were at least SOME look at Bambi.
4. Possible ratings 1.4 rat 3.85-4.44 mil
5. About the count. Of course, the most probable scenario is LACK by not big time for segments. However, I thought, if there will be a bit of all follow: good horror, good jokes and good trash, or at least 2 of these "good's", the episode would work and be… not great nor good, but at least OK

SO, the last year THOH was really good (in most part, for the most). We shouldn't wait the same turn from this one, but… no, no "but"'s 2/5

Last edited:
I think the Bambi segment should be the opening segment for Treehouse of Horror XXXII, because that's what Mr. Brad Lascelle thinks in the Season 33 Information Thread too the other day

You see this picture down below? It's the Treehouse of Horror XXXII logo that could probably be for the end of the Bambi segment, this picture is actually from the THOH XXXII promo video I found from Twitter this morning

1633629807927.png

You see this picture down below? It's the Treehouse of Horror XXXII logo that could probably be for the end of the Bambi segment, this picture is actually from the THOH XXXII promo video I found from Twitter this morning
Here is an example from 2016 with "wrong" logo of TH27, also from Fox sneak peek

With every Treehouse Of Horror including Kang and Kodos (though THOH XXXI may only count if you include the flashback scenes from previous THOH's) the wriers/animators will always try to find a way to put them in a cameo form.
Well Trab, it turns out that Kang and Kodos will indeed appear somewhere in Treehouse of Horror XXXII later this year after all, according to the Treehouse of Horror XXXII preview video on Twitter. So Kang and Kodos will probably make their cameo appearance, and by the looks of it, they'll appear in the Dead Ringer segment if you watch the video inside this link down below

THOHXXXII

I actually liked THOH31 a lot and still do. And part of that is that it actually seems to do that one thing a lot of older THOH's did; just be pretty silly about the whole thing. I don't like the "serious" ones, especially noticing how the whole "anyone can die" thing isn't entirely true and they're actually pretty picky (not counting THOH30 since she wasn't even in discomfort onscreen, let alone dead, we haven't had one of Shauna. And pretty sure there's never been an offscreen death for the Spucklers, another of the modern team's darlings). And that like the Bond segment, two of Thankgiving's and a bunch of other later segments, they tend to use a bodycount in lieu of anything actually like... fun or interesting. Maybe I could say something about horror movies but it'd be a bit hypocritical when my favourite horror film is John Carpenter's The Thing and that was bloody as shit. Speaking of, The Thing but at the power plant or whatever? That'd be a kickass segment... potentially.
That and, thinking about it, a lot of the segments I found either funniest or most impressive or interesting tend to have kinda minimal if any deaths. The Bart Zone, Bad Dream House, The Genesis Tub, and so on weren't actually that violent. Even in Nightmare Cafeteria the deaths were mostly offscreen save for poor ol' Willie. So uh, given the Telltale Bart bit I think I just saw the best part by far and just can't confirm it yet.

Parasite: Speaking of that bond "parody" that seems to be where this is going looking at the poster. Maybe with less bodies I could've thought it'd be murders to keep covering the murders to cover the other murders and so on. Like how I play Hitman. That one cap with Lisa lifting Maggie is cute though. *shrug*

Bambi: Is this even a segment? I mean, no promo pics, not on the poster, did it get cut and someone forgot to say? Hard to speculate on something I can't even be sure is real.

Trees: Not counting on this to be another more than another bloodbath. The concept might be neat and maybe original though. And I'll give it that of all the things on the poster, this one's part actually was effectively disturbing.

Telltale Bart: Well it's not really speculation but we saw the whole thing. It was decent. Half of me wants a THOH where all the segments use differing animation styles, that'd be a pretty neat theme to go with.

The Ring: Calling it, despite being a phone addict that's unceasingly shoehorned into school scenes whenever possible, Shauna will be conveniently absent in this one. Also that since Grey was asking around for a halloween name, probably means the twins die which... I really wanted to be wrong in suspecting they were only kept on to die more. Even if that happened to someone like Shauna that'd feel like a horribly spiteful way to treat characters tied to a late cast member. Best case scenario, the candles and such maybe mean Lisa's trying to pre-emptively summon our Sadako stand-in before it can kill the kids at the party and/or Grampa but the ghost Milhouse says otherwise... Unless he died of totally unrelated causes like an asthma attack on the way home, in which case I'll admit that'd be friggin hilarious. Either way, looks like we're also getting a Danger Things/Geriatric Park/Last Thanksgiving lazy "happy" ending out of it.

Either way, none of this except Telltale looks like it'll be good. From an approximate 22 minutes it means a lot of these segments maybe have 5 or less minutes each and... well, I'll point to the recent Disney-based shorts for that one. On account of that and the last one, something tells me I'm best off not watching. Though it'll probably ruin the uncharacteristically positive mood I've had lately and uh... I wish I could have hanged onto that for longer.

The Wayz We Were

Not much of an opinion on this yet. Bringing back Maya seems neat but not entirely sure the "permanent" thing will really work out that way, see; Mary Spuckler. Neato if it does though.

Lisa's Belly

28c.png

Joking aside... there's potentially interesting material like it being a stealth Patty & Selma episode. I don't think those two have gotten much lately. And I'll be corpsing at swole Bart because that sounds beautifully nightmarish. Given how opposite they are, sounds like the two plots might be connected too. It would be kinda funny if Lisa ends up encouraging body positivity in the others and getting popular. Then Bart "gets swole" to try and steal that crowd back, that would be fittingly petty for him.
That said, the way they've drawn Lisa is a little... uncanny. Characters like Bart or Martin do have weirdly skinny limbs still but when there's no extra weight on her face at all while being about as fat as the latter, she just looks really weird.

Back