Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

Um, I'd say Treehouse of Horror XXXII would air on October 10th. There might be a World Series Game on October 17th after that. Remember last year when Treehouse of Horror XXXI was originally supposed to air back on October 18th? FOX decided to do the World Series Game that night instead
That was not a World Series game. The World Series doesn't start until 10/26. The only World Series game that can be on a Sunday is on 10/31, and Fox will pre-empt The Simpsons that night for it.

Last year, Fox aired game 7 of the National League Championship Series. However, this year, Fox is airing the American League Championship Series, and there are no ALCS games scheduled for either 10/10 or 10/17. (There are NLCS games scheduled for those games, but they are on TBS, and no, Fox cannot demand that they air on Fox instead. I also seriously doubt that Fox would schedule reruns for those dates against postseason baseball, the way it does with postseason football, as (a) postseason baseball isn't nearly as popular and (b) 10/24 is a Game 7, and Fox doesn't even schedule repeats when it is supposed to air World Series Game 7.)

That was not a World Series game. The World Series doesn't start until 10/26. The only World Series game that can be on a Sunday is on 10/31, and Fox will pre-empt The Simpsons that night for it.

Last year, Fox aired game 7 of the National League Championship Series. However, this year, Fox is airing the American League Championship Series, and there are no ALCS games scheduled for either 10/10 or 10/17. (There are NLCS games scheduled for those games, but they are on TBS, and no, Fox cannot demand that they air on Fox instead. I also seriously doubt that Fox would schedule reruns for those dates against postseason baseball, the way it does with postseason football, as (a) postseason baseball isn't nearly as popular and (b) 10/24 is a Game 7, and Fox doesn't even schedule repeats when it is supposed to air World Series Game 7.)
Hmm! Okay... Unless Lisa's Belly would air on October 10th instead, so Treehouse of Horror XXXII might air on October 17th. Which means Mothers and Other Strangers might have to air on November 14th a week after The Wayz We Were

Hmm! Okay... Unless Lisa's Belly would air on October 10th instead, so Treehouse of Horror XXXII might air on October 17th. Which means Mothers and Other Strangers might have to air on November 14th a week after The Wayz We Were

I would be very surprised if Treehouse of Horror XXXII didn't air on October 24. For all I know, Fox is airing some special that night, the way it aired the first night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on a Sunday, but I can't find any advance notice of it anywhere.

I would be very surprised if Treehouse of Horror XXXII didn't air on October 24. For all I know, Fox is airing some special that night, the way it aired the first night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on a Sunday, but I can't find any advance notice of it anywhere.
But now we wait sometime either tomorrow, Thursday or Friday until maybe a plot for Lisa's Belly will be revealed in The Futon Critic and on FOXFLASH. We'll wait until whichever day it happens!

My speculation is some songs by Bart and Lisa in the upcoming episode "The Star of Backstage". Is fun when the Simpson kids singing.

All righty folks, either today, tomorrow or Friday's the day when the plot will be revealed for Lisa's Belly in The Futon Critic website and FOXFLASH. As usual, I'll have to keep calm 🙂

All righty folks, either today, tomorrow or Friday's the day when the plot will be revealed for Lisa's Belly in The Futon Critic website and FOXFLASH. As usual, I'll have to keep calm 🙂
What makes you so sure it's Lisa's Belly? Isn't The Wayz We Were earlier in the production order?

What makes you so sure it's Lisa's Belly? Isn't The Wayz We Were earlier in the production order?
Oh, good point! Sometimes one of the *ABF19 production episodes happens to air somewhere in early seasons. But you could be right if The Wayz We Were might air on October 10th. So we'll wait!

Theremore, by today TH32 is "officially" scheduled (by Jean) on 10th Oct (even Wikisimpsons pulled off LB from upcoming episodes). So yes, Justin, we can't be sure it's Lisa's Belly or The Wayz We Were, anyway.

It's a very little to us to just wait yet🙂

If Harry Shearer's no longer gonna be able to voice Otto anymore, I guess Hank Azaria might probably voice Otto someday instead

Actually, you know what else I'm thinking? Maybe Bart's probably gonna be the phone scammer in Bart's in Jail

You know, since Bambi will be appearing in Treehouse of Horror XXXII later this year, there could be a segment called Bambi's Revenge. It might probably be a reference to one of the horror movies called J.D.'s Revenge

You know, since Bambi will be appearing in Treehouse of Horror XXXII later this year, there could be a segment called Bambi's Revenge. It might probably be a reference to one of the horror movies called J.D.'s Revenge
…or neither of it, and it's just a way to describe something in form of sentence or two words.🥱

I don't know about you guys, but the last mini segment for Treehouse of Horror XXXII could probably be the epilogue after the last main segment and before the credits. Kinda like what usually happens in normal Jean-showrun episodes (not one of the previous THOH episodes), because maybe the ending credits for this year's Treehouse of Horror might be played throughout the black background with green text this time, since that never happened last time during last year's THOH at all. But nevertheless, we'll have to wait and see somewhere in October

So, basically, i think Bambi could be Maggie's nickname.
For Bart, i think he will infiltrate a jail in order to venge Grampa.

Also, hopefully one day there might be word that Decider might air Treehouse of Horror XXXII probably on the Wednesday before Treehouse of Horror XXXII airs on FOX on October 10th. Don't you guys remember last year when Decider aired Treehouse of Horror XXXI back on October 14th of 2020 before Treehouse of Horror XXXI aired on FOX back on November 1st of 2020?

Also, hopefully one day there might be word that Decider might air Treehouse of Horror XXXII probably on the Wednesday before Treehouse of Horror XXXII airs on FOX on October 10th. Don't you guys remember last year when Decider aired Treehouse of Horror XXXI back on October 14th of 2020 before Treehouse of Horror XXXI aired on FOX back on November 1st of 2020?
Last year that accured just because of 30 years of THOH event (with own video panel). Btw, not necessary Decider should do another interview just every year

I'm pretty sure that this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror will not have a couch gag. Because I swear, someone in Simpsons Wiki kept saying that this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror is gonna have the Dead Simpsons couch gag, but I don't think that's true though. Never mind, Dead Simpsons is no longer listed in the Couch Gag section for THOH XXXII anymore.

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Treehouse_of_Horror_XXXII

When for the last time TH had couch gag?🙄22 8* years ago, I say!

BTW that simpsons fandom site is literally made by anyone (you, in particular), so the info from it... can fit only in this "speculations" thread (your sometimes pointless posts, in particular)

*I forgot about GDT opening sequence:oops:

I have a good Halloween name for Christine Nangle this year. Her Halloween name for this year's Treehouse of Horror should be 'I. Scream for Chris-Cream Nangle'. So, what do you guys think?

Okay, tomorrow there might or might not be a table read for UABF16 of The Simpsons, but we'll just have to keep calm, myself included, until maybe Friday. Either way, I'd be really surprised if UABF16 would actually be Treehouse of Horror XXXIII. That said, we'll see what happens

Last edited:
Welcome back! I'm really glad the season is open again!

No Day but Yesterday

The Star of the Backstage
The_Star_of_the_Backstage_promo_5.png

1. Plot ("Marge has amazing memories of being the director of the school musical "Y2K: The Millennium Bug" in high school. She decides to restore him along with everyone after 20 years, for the last show. Dreaming of a show where she, the director of the play and everyone's best friend, will be the center of attention in the production, Marge's life becomes a musical with her in the lead role. However, when the real star of the show Sasha Reed, the old Marge's school fierce enemy, comes to the city and steals all the glory, Marge realizes that her memories of high school are not what she thought…") - Hearing about the plot on Comic Con panel, I was really impressed. Then the hype it's all-musical started and my happiness of expectation were over the sky.😃However, now in the most recent days, getting closer to the episode, I start to... fear. No, I really believe this plot idea will work well. But other part of me said the "song-to-song" episode is really slippery. There aren't much fans of musicals, in fact, so... err just refuse all and joy. 4/5
2. I consider Elisabeth Kiernan Averick (as well as others) as freelancer until her 3rd upcoming effort. I didn't like her "Hail to the Teeth" script. But obvious major differ - Selman run this one. I watched and read various of interviews, and they're really exicting about the episode (even Jean named it first as "very funny"). Plus, Rob Oliver as usually has done fantastic directing work under MS.
3. Promo stuff 4 PARODY POSTERS + encouraging promo images + special guest voice Kristen Bell (for some reason I included here in this section, but I don't care). Just WOW😍
4. Possible ratings. No comments anymore! ~1.7 rat. and about 3.46-4.35 mil viewers

SO, This is going to be good "odd-numbered" season and fantastic season premiere! 4.5/5

Also this season I'm going to start watch the episodes in original language (with English subtitles, so far), and in days after the episode airs for some episodes. Thus, I plan to join the R&R polls with others, without waiting a year for Ukrainian dub (after obvious watch the dubbing I plan to change my mark then, if such option will be allowed in new R&R's, I hope for). So far, I'm exited to some of upcoming like: «The Star of the Backstage» (season premiere), «Boyz N the Highlands» (want to see its animated), «YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT — ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!», «My Octopus and a Teacher» (the most exited) and «Meat Is Murder».

Last edited:
That's a great preview, Bohdan.
Also this season I'm going to start watch the episodes in original language (with English subtitles, so far), and in days after the episode airs for some episodes. Thus, I plan to join the R&R polls with others, without waiting a year for Ukrainian dub (after obvious watch the dubbing I plan to change my mark then, if such option will be allowed in new R&R's, I hope for).
And this is very nice. Do you know where will you watch the episodes and where will you get the subtitles from? I could lend you a hand with that.

Also, I won't be writing a preview for each episode this year but I will write a long post sharing my first impression of every episode of this season, maybe tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Given that this thread is mostly trash and that I want to reduce my participation in the forum, I didn't think I was going to write here again. But this period of new season excites me and I will categorize the episodes according to my first impressions, since I believe giving a "preview rating" to episodes we don't even know the plots of is a bit silly (no intention to offend anyone who did it, but it's not for me).

I think they will be among the best of the season.
- A Serious Flanders. Because I think its plot can be worthy of a two-part episode and because the writers have proved in recent seasons to write funny crime stories. I think it can be a big event for modern Simpsons and a very popular episode.
- Boyz N the Highlands. Simply because it is written by Dan Vebber and produced by Matt Selman, and they have an excellent record as a team with all episodes attached to their names are among the absolute best of the HD era.
- YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT -- ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!. Because Christine Neagle had a very strong debut in the last year with Uncut Femmes, and I am confident she will stay on the right track. Besides, because it has one of the greatest titles ever and yeah, I am baiting the clickbait.
- My Octopus and a Teacher. Because it is written by the current best writer of the staff and produced by Matt Selman, so the possibilities of a hit are very high. I don't expect this to be in the same tier as Halloween of Horror (it would be starry-eyed to think any episode to reach such a level) but I think it could be on-pair with Highway to Well.

Episodes I am looking forward to watching and I am kind of sure I will enjoy them.
- Bart's in Jail. Because the little I know about it intrigues me. An eye-catching title, an original idea, a Family-centric episode, and a mystery to be resolved is a winner combination.
- Mothers and Other Strangers. Because it is written by Al Jean and despite his mediocre work last season as showrunner, he is a great writer and I trust he will keep up the great work. It also has Rob Oliver as the lead director, so it at least will have something worthy for sure. I would be very surprised it is not the best Jean-episode of this season.
- Pixelated and Afraid. Because it is another title that intrigues me and although Go Big or Go Homer was a failure but I am optimistic Frink and Selman will redeem themselves with this one.
- The Longest Marge. Because it is written by Brian Kelley under Selman's supervision so this is likely going to be a strong episode, at least as strong as a modern Marge-centric episode can aspire to be.

I still need more information to reach any conclusion.​
- Lisa's Belly. Crazy title, new writer. I don't have a clue about how this could turn out.
- Portrait of a Lackey on Fire. Smithers has not been a solid character during the HD era and LaZebnik is an inconsistent writer so I have more doubts than certainties here, but I can not be totally pessimistic about a Selman episode.
- A Made Maggie. Although I adore Maggie, she has been used very often the last few years and I am frankly disappointed they refuse to produce her version of Boyhood, so I am looking at this episode with certain contempt despite this feeling will disappear before the episode airs... I guess.
- Bart the Cool Kid. Ryan Koh did a terrific job with his latter episode, The Dad-Feelings Limited, but I am doubtful if it was an exceptionally good episode or if he actually improved as a writer so, I need more details for this one.
- Meat Is Murder. Another Grampa-centric story, this time it's written by Michael Price. Both tend to be average so I am not expecting much from this.
- Poorhouse Rock. You can not say so loosely that an episode penned by Tim Long will be a success and you can not discard an episode produced by Matt Selman just because of the writer, so this episode enters automatically in this category.
- Marge the Meanie. I am very happy Megan Amram is back (I quite liked her previous episodes), but kind of unsure because Jean is behind it. Jean said some years ago there was a third episode written by Megan, and I am wondering if they pushed it back to be a season finale for some special reason.

These could be good, even great, but I hear alarms sounding.​
- The Star of Backstage. I don't like Broadway musicals and this episode will be essentially a Broadway musical, so I am concerned about this season's premiere. I don't hate them by default anymore (I used to do it when I watched the show dubbed because the songs sound awful) and my opinion in episodes like SimsponcalifragilisticExpialaD'ohcious or The President Wore Pearls has grown with the pass of time but still, it's not likely for me to genuinely like this episode.
- Bleeding Gums Murphy in the Sound of Music. Man, episodes centered on dead characters are a very recurrent thing now. And they haven't been that introspective and reflective as they should. Judging by the title, this one might be a mockumentary or a format-bender episode, which could be great, but I fear that it could have the same problems as Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? and Diary Queen.
- Girls Just Shauna Have Fun. Hard to be optimistic with an episode written by Jeff Westbrook starred by Shauna. But I am hopeful because Westbrook delivered one of the best episodes of the last season, because Matt Selman's name is attached to it, and because we are in an era of backstories and it could be great to discover why Shauna is like she is.

I already assumed these are not going to work.​
- Treehouse of Horror XXXII. No way they can properly write five horror stories in 22 minutes, with all that means. It will be impossible for the segments to get introduction/conflict/climax/ending in an average of 4 minutes and 24 seconds per segment. Some segments may work but there will be a lot of filling It also changes a tradition of 32 years when nobody asked for it. I can't see it working at all.
- The Wayz We Were. Joel Cohen and Al Jean is not a team that is used to get good results, to be fair.
- Pretty Whittle Liar. Exactly what everyone asked after Yokel Hero. Another episode about the Spucklers, goddamn it. Be ready for another festival of jokes against rednecks.

I'm not gonna speculate about all the known episodes of season 33 at once, but I'll say that those are some good and interesting takes overall, @Szyslak100.

As for 'The Star Of Backstage', I think it can turn out to be a very good season opener if Jean, Selman, Oliver & Kiernan Averick play their cards right. The plot (with its conflict) sounds like a good one for Marge (though I can see some fans already complaining that Marge being in high school in the 1990's) and I don't mind musicals (I rather think it'll be nice to get a full one again after quite the bit of time, also considering how many random songs they've put in modern episodes) so it seem to be a recipe for at least a somewhat successful episode in the end.

What has me concerned is that Kiernan Averick's previous episodes ('Hail To The Teeth' & 'The Good, The Bad & The Loki') haven't been good so I hope that this will be another 'Road To Cincinnati' (where it is likely Selman steered Westbrook's writing in the right direction).

- Treehouse of Horror XXXII. No way they can properly write five horror stories in 22 minutes, with all that means. It will be impossible for the segments to get introduction/conflict/climax/ending in an average of 4 minutes and 24 seconds per segment. Some segments may work but there will be a lot of filling It also changes a tradition of 32 years when nobody asked for it. I can't see it working at all.
Well, THOH XXXII could have 2 mini segments, and 3 regular segments. For example, the intro might have the segment where a guy named Vincent Price reads Maggie a telltale story, and there could be an epilogue after the third segment and before the ending credits

Back