So, I thought I would share my predictions/theories regarding Season 34, going to in order of production code, and then talk about some other stuff noted in the Wikisimpsons article on Season 34:
UABF16: Habeus Tortoise: Don't really have anything to talk about this episode, according to Google, Habeus, or Habeus Corpus means "A writ that a person may seek from a court to obtain immediate release from unlawful confinement", so my guess is something to do with law, and a tortoise. Maybe Homer gets arrested for doing something to a tortoise, and either seeks out Fat Tony or Fat Tony is the culprit? Given Homer will play a big part and Fat Tony is confirmed to appear in the episode. Directed by Matthew Faughnan & written by, Broti Gupta (The latter only writen "When Billie Met Lisa", it would be interesting to watch, given its Broti's first episode she's written for.
UABF17: Not It: Well, all we know is that Krusty will play a big part. One of two confirmed Season 34 episodes directed by Steven Dean Moore, and written by Cesar Mazareigos. Cesar has only written 3 episodes, I, Carambus & A Serious Flanders. It been written by the same writer as A Serious Flanders would have my hopes up, but the fact that he also wrote I, Carambus does have my concerns. The term Not It can refer to a number of things really. I have a feeling this will mostly be a Bart episode.
UABF18: Treehouse of Horror XXXIII: Well, we should just expect three horror, or more like parodies of popular media. I am not expecting anything from Turning Red or Encanto in this episode. Its directed by Rob Oliver and Carolyn Omine, Ryan Koh & Matt Selman will write a segment each on it. I also assume there will be 3 segments as usual.
UABF19: One Angry Lisa: Directed by Matthew Nastuk and one of three episodes confirmed to have been written by Jessica Conrad, who has written 2 specials, and the episode, "A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas". Which, if I'm been honest, isn't a good sign. While I haven't seen the Loki short, I haven't heard good things, and I did like Plusaversary, but similar to Loki, the reception was mixed. As for the episode, I found it in general kind of meh. However, in the episode, I did like how Lisa seemed to act her age in it, so it would be interesting to see her take on Lisa. As for the plot, maybe Lisa is angry as Miss Hoover or Mr Largo? Or angry at her family, not sure. We have seen angry Lisa before tons of times, such as "On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister", which isn't a good example if I'm thinking about it.
UABF20: The King of Nice: Another episode written by Jessica Conrad. I have a feeling this is going to be a Flanders episode, as he fits the definition of "King of Nice" very well. As for the plot of the episode, I'm not sure. I feel like they've done "Flanders is taken advantage of" plot before in the series, so it would be weird for them to do it again.
UABF21: Love, Hacktually: So, we know this is kind of a special episode, and it will be written by Dan Greaney. Part of me does wander if its a sequel to "Pixelated and Afraid", or, if its a sequel to the Frink episode, "Love is in the N2-O2-AR-CO2-NE-HE-CH4", as it could be a Frink episode, but that's mainly due to the fact that "Hack" is used, and the word generally referring to hacking. Obviously, the name itself is a parody of "Love, Actually", a movie I have not seen. Maybe it'll be a flashback episode for Homer & Marge, or any other couple. Honestly, part of me wants a Helen & Tim episode.
UABF22: Step Brother from the Same Planet: Written by Dan Vebber, we know that Grampa will play a big role, and Homer will gain a stepbrother, well, another stepbrother. When I read the title first, I thought it would be a sequel episode to "Brother from the Same Planet". However, from reading the sypnosis, I have my concerns, as 1. There is Herbert Powell, and 2. I have a feeling that its going to retcon Herbert out of existence. However, there is a chance that it might not, but I will get to that later. Dan Vebber himself has written some pretty good episodes, such as The Book Job, Bart the Bad Guy, Boys N the Highlands & Lisa the Veterinarian, so it would be nice to see what he does. Although he was a Co-executive producer on the episode "Mothers and Other Strangers" which does concern me (Although, that is me not knowing what a co-executive producer means exactly).
OABF01: From Beer to Paternity: Based on the title alone, its most likely a Homer, Barney or Moe episode, but part of me does hope its a Lenny episode. Why not Carl, well, we will get to that, although, it would be cool if we did get 2 Carl episodes in Season 34, but given how often he's "Character of the Day", I doubt it. Directed again by Rob Oliver, and written by Christine Nangle, who has written "Uncut Femmes" & "You Won't Believe What This Episode Is About - Act Three Will Shock You", both pretty good episodes, so I am excited to see this one. Obviously, its going to be about beer and fatherhood, which is why I'm more leaning onto Homer. However, it could be a sequel episode to Season 33's "The Wayz We Were", where Maya might reveal to Moe she's pregnant, and Moe has to deal with Fatherhood. I could see Homer still having a big role in that episode. Maybe Homer will teach Moe the same skills he thought Apu & Krusty?
OABF02: When Nelson Met Lisa: The 2nd confirmed episode to be directed by Steven DMoore, and written by Ryan Koh, based on some investigation of the script, we know that its a flashforward episode, and we know that Hubert Wong will be in it, at least an older Hubert Wong. Of course, things could change in the regard to Hubert. I'm, interested in this episode, and I will have hope that the likes of Janey & Allison have speaking lines, but I doubt that cause the writers don't seem to care about Lisa having friends. I could see this episode releasing in February to celebrate Valentines Day.
OABF03: Games Done Changed: Written by Ryan Koh, all we know is that Bart will have a major role in it. Not sure what to say really, part of me does hope its a video game related episode that is better than "E My Sports". Maybe it could be a sequel episode to that.
OABF04: Top Goon: Not really sure what to say about this episode, its obviously based on Top Gun. Maybe its a Mr Burns episode? I do feel like we haven't seen much of Burns, and I don't remember enjoying "Burger King" (probably not the name of the episode, but I'm still going to call it that anyway). Maybe its a Smithers episode. It will be written by Joel H. Cohen
OABF05: My Life as a Vlog: I could see this been a Bart or Lisa episode, this episode will be written by Jessica Conrad, don't know what else to say about it really.
OABF06 The Many Saints of Springfield: This episode title is interesting, perhaps its another Flanders episode, but it might not be a church based episode. Maybe we'll see the rare, positive side of Springfield. I do have a hope its a episode where Samantha Stanky returns, but I highly doubt it, plus, what is Kimmy Robertson up to these days? Also, has she become problematic, as if she has, well, I don't know. This episode will be directed by Bob Anderson, and written by Al Jean, who is also the showrunner for this episode (I will get to the showrunners).
OABF07: Carl Carlson Rides Again: Well, we know that this will be the second episode to feature Carl Carlson in a spotlight role, and given how good "The Saga of Carl Carlson" was, I am excited to see this one. It will be written by Loni Steele Sosthand, who only joined during Season 33 and has written the episode "The Sound of Bleeding Gums". Interestingly, her brother, Eli Steele guest voiced as an employee in "The Sound of Bleeding Gums", so could he voice act again in "The Saga of Carl Carlson"? Who knows. I assume Homer & Lenny will most likely be in this episode at some point.
Now for the showrunners, so far, we know that Al Jean is showrunner for 3 episodes so far, as Matt Selman is showrunning 11, although one of them he is a co-showrunner alongside Tim Long.
Al Jean Episodes: One Angry Lisa, When Nelson Met Lisa & The Many Saints of Springfield
Matt Selman Episodes: Habeus Tortoise, Not It, Treehouse of Horror XXXIII, The King of Nice, Love Hactually, Step Brother from the Same Planet, Games Done Changed, Top Goon, My Life as a Vlog & Carl Carlson Rides Again
Matt Selman & Tim Long episode: From Beer to Paternity
Some other stuff we know that could happen this Season include:
- An episode written by David M. Stern, who's last written episode was "Kamp Krustier", and knowing he also wrote "Kamp Krusty", I have my concerns, I hope he doesn't do another sequel episode.
- Possible return for Apu (although I do feel like they've been saying that for a while know)
- Two episodes will be set in the future, one of them has been confirmed to be "When Nelson Met Lisa", not sure about the other one thou
- There is something extremely comic book related coming, which feels like a Comic Book Guy or Bart episode, it would be cool to see another Radioactive Man episode.
- Dwayne Johnson was asked to participate in an episode to befriend Lisa, this would be interesting. Also, if he does appear, I hope he does tell Lisa to make friends or something. Also, I hope this is a good episode, unlike "The Musk that Fell From Earth" & "Lisa Goes Gaga", although, unlike Elon, I like The Rock, and unlike Lady Gaga, I still like the Rock (btw, I don't hate Lady Gaga, I just don't care for her anymore, her songs from the late 2000s-early 2010s is what I care about).
- Al Jean will showrun four more episodes, the next been OABF10 (which we don't know the title of yet). Meaning, that out of the 22 episodes, Al Jean will showrun 7 episodes, while Matt Selman will showrun the rest, although he could have co-showrunners like "From Beer to Paternity"
- The writers are plotting several return appearances in the Season for Ms. Peyton: Not really much to say about this honestly, but I do hope if this means the return of Bart's 4th Grade, we'll see the other students expanded more aside from Martin, Nelson & Milhouse. For me, its mainly Lewis, Wendell, Richard, Sherri, Terri, Nina & Sophie.
- I do want to say, I did misread this originally as return appearances for other characters, so I will talk about Hubert Powell in my hopes/theories section
- Theory: We won't see Apu this Season
- Hope: Return of guest star characters, my main hopes for this season based on the titles include Hubert Powell & Samantha Stanky/Stankey
- Hope: I will always hope for this, and I know it will never happen, and if it does, it will be done badly, but I will hope Laura, Allison, Alex & Isabel reappear, or at least Laura, Alex & Isabel reappear as cameos.