Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

Sorry for the double post, but since Marge talked to Bart once back in 'A Made Maggie' (where Marge told Bart to stop playing with the wheel), I bet she's probably gonna talk to Bart again somewhere for the rest of Season 33 afterwards (don't know about The Longest Marge). God help me. 😐 Although I'm actually looking forward to Pretty Whittle Liar (thankfully about the Spucklers) and Girls Just Shuana Have Fun (it might be about the Chalmers)
That's really STUPID post.🤯 If Marge talked to Bart in …, maybe she will talk to him furthermore. I'm just… what the… #@)₴?$0:shake::facesmack:

Please Justin (and other users) TURN YOUR MIND ON, at least sometimes, BEFORE TO POST SOMETHING.

Essential request: DON'T POST TOO OBVIOS (TO THE ABSURD) THINGS.

The Longest Marge
The_Longest_Marge_promo_8.png

1. Plot ("Marge and Mr. Burns fight for soul of a brash young football prodigy.") - The story behind the stupid title, what was very mystery for a long time. Nothing more. Of course Back Bennet can deliver funny character of Grayson, but that doesn't safe the episode 2.5/5
2. The Biggest Possible Problem *Sigh* It clearly sounds like just The Longest Yard title parody feat. Adam Schefter (the sports writer, and writer for TLY). And that really bad usually - to make episodes after the title pun😞
3. For some reason I don't keen on the Matt Selman/Brian Kelly duo🤷‍♂️ Well, their recent works are: Wad Goals, what didn't cause an interest in me, and Livin’ La Pura Vida - just OK travel episode. Honestly I liked more Kelly's Who-Hoo Dunnit? rather these 2 further scripts. Matthew Nastuk is a good choice on the episode with obligator musical number much movement, but something tells me he'll ruin his opportunity. Yes, I'm SO pessimistic!
4. Promo stuff (images in particular) and how the episode is presented don't bother me. Maybe, the problem in me?😅

SO, how the New Year starts, how it's going to be till end (paraphrased common in Ukraine phrase). But despite my next mark, this thing will DEFINITELLY not refer to the rest of season😁 For the episode, 3/5 or even lower

P.S. See you here next year…

'The Longest Marge' doesn't have the most interesting plotline, but it being a Matt Selman & Brian Kelley collaboration of showrunner & writer does make it a lot more intriguing (speaking as someone who thought both 'Wad Goals' & 'Livin La Vida Pura' were some of the best of their respective seasons), but we'll see if they manage to make it come together along with Nastuk's direction. A potential 3/5 at least, but could be a surprise in the end despite the meh-sounding plot.

Maybe you guys are right. A sneak peek came today and basically the entire town is cheering on about football (ESPECIALLY Marge, even accidentally hurting Lisa with a football).

I give this episode 4/5 (might be interesting, plus sports-related before 8-week hiatus due to Winter Olympics, makes sense).

Considering the preview they uploaded, it has to be some sort of satire of people overreacting to sports. As for me, I hope they'll accentuate it enough for the episode to be memorable. It has already been done before but that can definitely be entertaining, they just have to use their characters well.

I don't know for you guys, but I think Brian Kelley's episodes (or at least the humour) tend to be a bit too absurd & over the top from time to time (more than usual, ya know), and it can easily become dull.
But yeah, as HomerFan1998 said, it sounds like a rather crazy episode and since this season has been pretty monotonous so far (except for a Serious Flanders but it's a more special episode so it doesn't really count here), I'd say it's more than welcome.

You want to know what else I think is gonna happen for Bart the Cool Kid? Maybe Bart might like girls at school (unless if the female sixth graders from Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy might return), I really don't know 🤔

Something tells me that Al Jean might be credited as Executive Producer before John Frink in the opening credit crawl starting later tonight. It means Al Jean might not be credited as Executive Producer after Matt Selman for the ending credits. Which is because Al Jean was already credited as Executive Producer before Matt Selman back in A Made Maggie

Something tells me that Al Jean might be credited as Executive Producer before John Frink in the opening credit crawl starting later tonight. It means Al Jean might not be credited as Executive Producer after Matt Selman for the ending credits. Which is because Al Jean was already credited as Executive Producer before Matt Selman back in A Made Maggie
What are you even rambling on about? 🤣

:facepalm: You know what Boris? How about you just ignore me forever? 😒 Because I don't ever want to deal with just you ever again, and I'm sorry! :shake: But, I will say that I am also kind of interested of the credits besides the plot for one of the upcoming Simpsons episodes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll need to calm down for a while and take a deep breath, and I'm sorry for overreacting, by the way

Last edited:
:facepalm: You know what Boris? How about you just ignore me forever? 😒 Because I don't ever want to deal with just you ever again, and I'm sorry! :shake: But, I will say that I am also kind of interested of the credits besides the plot for one of the upcoming Simpsons episodes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll need to calm down for a while and take a deep breath, and I'm sorry for overreacting, by the way
You're really offended by that? 😂 You just don't like it when people call you out on your bluff, or have a contrary opinion to yours, that's what it is. For instance, how many times have you made promises to people that you would stop asking Al Jean and other Simpsons staff members on Twitter about the production codes and other unnecessary stuff, but then go back on your word by continuing to badger them again a few days later about the production codes? When people bring it up to you, you then get pissy at them as though it's their fault. There's also the captain obvious questions you ask like "Is Bart the Cool Kid gonna be a Bart episode, Mr Jean, sir?" 🤣

We are getting off the topic of preview and speculation. @Boris Trump, please don’t get on HomerFan’s case for something he does off of the NHC. Regardless of the content he posts, he at least places it in its appropriate thread most of the time now.

@HomerFan1998, for your part, please don’t post things that don’t contribute whatsoever to speculating about the episode in question. While you may be interested in the order of the credits, it isn’t conducive to discussion in this thread and does not involve the content of the episode.

It's most probable that Season 33 will end with two episodes on 5/15, should Fox's AniDom block skip 3/27 altogether due to Oscars.

From 9/26 to 5/22, it's 22 Sundays (without 10/31, 12/5, 12/12, 12/26, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 3/27, and 4/17). The Great North having 22 episodes would mean it airing weekly except 3/27 and 4/17. Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons wound have aired 20 episodes after 5/8, the former show having an 2 episode season finale on 5/22 makes sense. Meanwhile, Family Guy would most likely have 20 episodes and skip 2 dates where other AniDom shows are premiering (like 11/29/20 and 3/21/21 last TV season).

That Don Guy has confirmed that the 2022 Grammys ceremony is delayed. Unless it airs on a day from Monday to Saturday, there could probably be a two-episode return on 2/27 and another Sunday is skipped by Fox.

I think that the upcoming episode "Poorhouse Rock" which possibly would premiere in May, would be another musical episode but centered in Bart. It would contain a lot of songs sung by Bart Simpson.

Just after reaching the middle of the season, I decided to do updated full review of the episodes that have already come out this season (namely the first half of season 33) and change my signature, for season 33. Again, I know this is a Preview thread, while, in fact, I do overview, but still interesting to look at the current state of the season (all IMHO).

Easy - TOP current seasons 33 episodes, in my view:
  1. A Serious Flanders (Part 1) - may be a little less, than 4.5/5
  2. Lisa's Belly - 4, narrowly better, than ASF2
  3. A Serious Flanders (Part 2) - 4
  4. The Star of the Backstage - a little less than 4. I liked "Backstage" for its songs
  5. Mothers and Others Strangers - 3.5-4. Actually it was a hard choice for 5th and 6th places. Both episodes were imho good in own specifics. However, just recently I rewatched MaOS and came to a conclusion, it has better fun part.
  6. Portrait of a Lackey on Fire - 3.5
  7. Treehouse of Horror XXXII - Whatever way I count my early marks (include/not-include "Barti", took only "full-length" segments...), but, in summary, the episode gets from me 3-3.5
  8. The Wayz We Were - STRONG 3. Decent, but not enjoyable
  9. Bart's in Jail! - I wrote in my review what I liked and didn't like in the episode, and that it's nearly got 3, although it's "mediocre-ok" anyway
  10. The Longest Marge - I wrote I had liked act 2 only. 2.5 to 3
  11. A Made Maggie - this episode left much bad feelings with some cute moments, though. 2.5 to 2
If among half of season there is just 1 bad episode (in my view), then the season can easily be declared as strong.

I think that the upcoming episode "Poorhouse Rock" which possibly would premiere in May, would be another musical episode but centered in Bart. It would contain a lot of songs sung by Bart Simpson.
That can be true! But hey, if we were anybody else, we should wait until at least somewhere in May, you know, just to see what happens

This is more speculation than actual Season 33 information, so I'll put it here...
Fox just announced that the series Monarch, which was supposed to premiere after the football game on Sunday 1/30, has been delayed until the fall because of COVID-19 problems affecting filming. While I seriously doubt Fox will now air a new episode of The Simpsons in its place that night, as it would air at 10:00 Eastern, that would solve the problem of airing 22 episodes without doubling up a date (for example, 5/15) or airing against either the Olympics or the Oscars...

This is more speculation than actual Season 33 information, so I'll put it here...
Fox just announced that the series Monarch, which was supposed to premiere after the football game on Sunday 1/30, has been delayed until the fall because of COVID-19 problems affecting filming. While I seriously doubt Fox will now air a new episode of The Simpsons in its place that night, as it would air at 10:00 Eastern, that would solve the problem of airing 22 episodes without doubling up a date (for example, 5/15) or airing against either the Olympics or the Oscars...
Unless they can change things quick, then 2/27 will probably remain the return date

Otherwise, a new episode for 1/30 (they'd probably push up UABF04 maybe, idk) could save the stress of doubling up, with 2/27 and 3 Sundays in both March, April, and May as this season's other dates.

Update: Fox will air a new episode of Next Level Chef on 1/30 after the football game

Because that The Simpsons already had the EABF production code. For right now, I'm guessing that the production code for Season 34 could be ƏABF, which would be a schwa (it's an upside down E, by the way), or it could be *EBF. So either way, maybe we'll have to wait until sometime either late February or early March

Just in case, I remind about related thread (created by me). Its time came again!:)

Because that The Simpsons already had the EABF production code. For right now, I'm guessing that the production code for Season 34 could be ƏABF, which would be a schwa (it's an upside down E, by the way), or it could be *EBF. So either way, maybe we'll have to wait until sometime either late February or early March
The schwa appears in "Lisa's Substitute" - Principal Skinner is teaching it to Lisa's class when Mr. Bergstrom first appears. However, I doubt it would be used if for no other reason that it is not in either the normal or extended ASCII character set. Now, Æ, Ç, Ñ, ß, Ø (another character that appears in an episode - in "Lisa the Beauty Queen," Amber is opening a tire-damage device at (I think it was called) STØR when the lightning strikes), Ð, and Þ (the last two are Eth and Thorn), on the other hand...

Seriously, the world didn't end when they switched from 4-character codes to ABF codes; it won't end if they change ABF to, say, DOH.

Seriously, the world didn't end when they switched from 4-character codes to ABF codes; it won't end if they change ABF to, say, DOH.
O (ou) is "banned" character because of similarity with 0 (zero):lol:

The schwa appears in "Lisa's Substitute" - Principal Skinner is teaching it to Lisa's class when Mr. Bergstrom first appears. However, I doubt it would be used if for no other reason that it is not in either the normal or extended ASCII character set. Now, Æ, Ç, Ñ, ß, Ø (another character that appears in an episode - in "Lisa the Beauty Queen," Amber is opening a tire-damage device at (I think it was called) STØR when the lightning strikes), Ð, and Þ (the last two are Eth and Thorn), on the other hand...

Yeah, but there's no way The Simpsons would use either IABF or OABF, because you know... IABF and OABF are both already impossible anyway

Back