Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
You want to know something? I think I have a feeling that the Telltale Bart segment for this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror XXXII might actually be the opening intro, probably with the opening credits crawl, kinda like what happened back in the beginning of THOH XXX during The Omen segment

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Okay, since we don't know what are the airdates for Lisa's Belly and The Wayz We Were are yet. I'm predicting that Lisa's Belly could air on November 7th while The Wayz We Were might air on November 14th. And then after that, Part 1 of A Serious Flanders will air on November 21st and then Part 2 will air a week after that. We won't be in the U-cycle episodes until December

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Then what airs on 10/10 and 10/17?
Um, I'd say Treehouse of Horror XXXII would air on October 10th. There might be a World Series Game on October 17th after that. Remember last year when Treehouse of Horror XXXI was originally supposed to air back on October 18th? FOX decided to do the World Series Game that night instead

That Don Guy

Ooooo, floor pie
Um, I'd say Treehouse of Horror XXXII would air on October 10th. There might be a World Series Game on October 17th after that. Remember last year when Treehouse of Horror XXXI was originally supposed to air back on October 18th? FOX decided to do the World Series Game that night instead
That was not a World Series game. The World Series doesn't start until 10/26. The only World Series game that can be on a Sunday is on 10/31, and Fox will pre-empt The Simpsons that night for it.

Last year, Fox aired game 7 of the National League Championship Series. However, this year, Fox is airing the American League Championship Series, and there are no ALCS games scheduled for either 10/10 or 10/17. (There are NLCS games scheduled for those games, but they are on TBS, and no, Fox cannot demand that they air on Fox instead. I also seriously doubt that Fox would schedule reruns for those dates against postseason baseball, the way it does with postseason football, as (a) postseason baseball isn't nearly as popular and (b) 10/24 is a Game 7, and Fox doesn't even schedule repeats when it is supposed to air World Series Game 7.)

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
That was not a World Series game. The World Series doesn't start until 10/26. The only World Series game that can be on a Sunday is on 10/31, and Fox will pre-empt The Simpsons that night for it.

Last year, Fox aired game 7 of the National League Championship Series. However, this year, Fox is airing the American League Championship Series, and there are no ALCS games scheduled for either 10/10 or 10/17. (There are NLCS games scheduled for those games, but they are on TBS, and no, Fox cannot demand that they air on Fox instead. I also seriously doubt that Fox would schedule reruns for those dates against postseason baseball, the way it does with postseason football, as (a) postseason baseball isn't nearly as popular and (b) 10/24 is a Game 7, and Fox doesn't even schedule repeats when it is supposed to air World Series Game 7.)
Hmm! Okay... Unless Lisa's Belly would air on October 10th instead, so Treehouse of Horror XXXII might air on October 17th. Which means Mothers and Other Strangers might have to air on November 14th a week after The Wayz We Were

That Don Guy

Ooooo, floor pie
Hmm! Okay... Unless Lisa's Belly would air on October 10th instead, so Treehouse of Horror XXXII might air on October 17th. Which means Mothers and Other Strangers might have to air on November 14th a week after The Wayz We Were

I would be very surprised if Treehouse of Horror XXXII didn't air on October 24. For all I know, Fox is airing some special that night, the way it aired the first night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on a Sunday, but I can't find any advance notice of it anywhere.

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
I would be very surprised if Treehouse of Horror XXXII didn't air on October 24. For all I know, Fox is airing some special that night, the way it aired the first night of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on a Sunday, but I can't find any advance notice of it anywhere.
But now we wait sometime either tomorrow, Thursday or Friday until maybe a plot for Lisa's Belly will be revealed in The Futon Critic and on FOXFLASH. We'll wait until whichever day it happens!

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
All righty folks, either today, tomorrow or Friday's the day when the plot will be revealed for Lisa's Belly in The Futon Critic website and FOXFLASH. As usual, I'll have to keep calm 🙂

That Don Guy

Ooooo, floor pie
All righty folks, either today, tomorrow or Friday's the day when the plot will be revealed for Lisa's Belly in The Futon Critic website and FOXFLASH. As usual, I'll have to keep calm 🙂
What makes you so sure it's Lisa's Belly? Isn't The Wayz We Were earlier in the production order?

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
What makes you so sure it's Lisa's Belly? Isn't The Wayz We Were earlier in the production order?
Oh, good point! Sometimes one of the *ABF19 production episodes happens to air somewhere in early seasons. But you could be right if The Wayz We Were might air on October 10th. So we'll wait!

Bohdan

Stonecutter
Theremore, by today TH32 is "officially" scheduled (by Jean) on 10th Oct (even Wikisimpsons pulled off LB from upcoming episodes). So yes, Justin, we can't be sure it's Lisa's Belly or The Wayz We Were, anyway.

It's a very little to us to just wait yet🙂

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
If Harry Shearer's no longer gonna be able to voice Otto anymore, I guess Hank Azaria might probably voice Otto someday instead

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Actually, you know what else I'm thinking? Maybe Bart's probably gonna be the phone scammer in Bart's in Jail

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
You know, since Bambi will be appearing in Treehouse of Horror XXXII later this year, there could be a segment called Bambi's Revenge. It might probably be a reference to one of the horror movies called J.D.'s Revenge

Bohdan

Stonecutter
You know, since Bambi will be appearing in Treehouse of Horror XXXII later this year, there could be a segment called Bambi's Revenge. It might probably be a reference to one of the horror movies called J.D.'s Revenge
…or neither of it, and it's just a way to describe something in form of sentence or two words.🥱

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
I don't know about you guys, but the last mini segment for Treehouse of Horror XXXII could probably be the epilogue after the last main segment and before the credits. Kinda like what usually happens in normal Jean-showrun episodes (not one of the previous THOH episodes), because maybe the ending credits for this year's Treehouse of Horror might be played throughout the black background with green text this time, since that never happened last time during last year's THOH at all. But nevertheless, we'll have to wait and see somewhere in October

Marioburgercream

French One.
So, basically, i think Bambi could be Maggie's nickname.
For Bart, i think he will infiltrate a jail in order to venge Grampa.

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Also, hopefully one day there might be word that Decider might air Treehouse of Horror XXXII probably on the Wednesday before Treehouse of Horror XXXII airs on FOX on October 10th. Don't you guys remember last year when Decider aired Treehouse of Horror XXXI back on October 14th of 2020 before Treehouse of Horror XXXI aired on FOX back on November 1st of 2020?

Bohdan

Stonecutter
Also, hopefully one day there might be word that Decider might air Treehouse of Horror XXXII probably on the Wednesday before Treehouse of Horror XXXII airs on FOX on October 10th. Don't you guys remember last year when Decider aired Treehouse of Horror XXXI back on October 14th of 2020 before Treehouse of Horror XXXI aired on FOX back on November 1st of 2020?
Last year that accured just because of 30 years of THOH event (with own video panel). Btw, not necessary Decider should do another interview just every year

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
I'm pretty sure that this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror will not have a couch gag. Because I swear, someone in Simpsons Wiki kept saying that this year's upcoming Treehouse of Horror is gonna have the Dead Simpsons couch gag, but I don't think that's true though. Never mind, Dead Simpsons is no longer listed in the Couch Gag section for THOH XXXII anymore.

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Treehouse_of_Horror_XXXII

Bohdan

Stonecutter
When for the last time TH had couch gag?🙄22 8* years ago, I say!

BTW that simpsons fandom site is literally made by anyone (you, in particular), so the info from it... can fit only in this "speculations" thread (your sometimes pointless posts, in particular)

*I forgot about GDT opening sequence:oops:

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
I have a good Halloween name for Christine Nangle this year. Her Halloween name for this year's Treehouse of Horror should be 'I. Scream for Chris-Cream Nangle'. So, what do you guys think?

HomerFan1998

Stonecutter
Okay, tomorrow there might or might not be a table read for UABF16 of The Simpsons, but we'll just have to keep calm, myself included, until maybe Friday. Either way, I'd be really surprised if UABF16 would actually be Treehouse of Horror XXXIII. That said, we'll see what happens

Last edited:

Bohdan

Stonecutter
Welcome back! I'm really glad the season is open again!

No Day but Yesterday

The Star of the Backstage
The_Star_of_the_Backstage_promo_5.png

1. Plot ("Marge has amazing memories of being the director of the school musical "Y2K: The Millennium Bug" in high school. She decides to restore him along with everyone after 20 years, for the last show. Dreaming of a show where she, the director of the play and everyone's best friend, will be the center of attention in the production, Marge's life becomes a musical with her in the lead role. However, when the real star of the show Sasha Reed, the old Marge's school fierce enemy, comes to the city and steals all the glory, Marge realizes that her memories of high school are not what she thought…") - Hearing about the plot on Comic Con panel, I was really impressed. Then the hype it's all-musical started and my happiness of expectation were over the sky.😃However, now in the most recent days, getting closer to the episode, I start to... fear. No, I really believe this plot idea will work well. But other part of me said the "song-to-song" episode is really slippery. There aren't much fans of musicals, in fact, so... err just refuse all and joy. 4/5
2. I consider Elisabeth Kiernan Averick (as well as others) as freelancer until her 3rd upcoming effort. I didn't like her "Hail to the Teeth" script. But obvious major differ - Selman run this one. I watched and read various of interviews, and they're really exicting about the episode (even Jean named it first as "very funny"). Plus, Rob Oliver as usually has done fantastic directing work under MS.
3. Promo stuff 4 PARODY POSTERS + encouraging promo images + special guest voice Kristen Bell (for some reason I included here in this section, but I don't care). Just WOW😍
4. Possible ratings. No comments anymore! ~1.7 rat. and about 3.46-4.35 mil viewers

SO, This is going to be good "odd-numbered" season and fantastic season premiere! 4.5/5

Also this season I'm going to start watch the episodes in original language (with English subtitles, so far), and in days after the episode airs for some episodes. Thus, I plan to join the R&R polls with others, without waiting a year for Ukrainian dub (after obvious watch the dubbing I plan to change my mark then, if such option will be allowed in new R&R's, I hope for). So far, I'm exited to some of upcoming like: «The Star of the Backstage» (season premiere), «Boyz N the Highlands» (want to see its animated), «YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT — ACT THREE WILL SHOCK YOU!», «My Octopus and a Teacher» (the most exited) and «Meat Is Murder».

Last edited: