Plusaversary Coming Up on Disney+ This Month

HomerFan1998

SuperFriend
Ladies and gentlemen, here is the trailer for the upcoming Simpsons short that's coming up on Disney+ for later this Friday

Okay, those Simpsonized versions of Maui and Wreck-It Ralph look cursed. How come they can make Goofy look normal but not these guys. I'm guessing this is another short that's basically a bunch of gags with a very very loose story that's only existence is to prove that Disney has the "best" IP to showoff.

Screenshot_20211109-225119_Opera.jpg
Oh, my God! What it is?!🤢
Calm down - it's just the quality of filming on the phone, the quality of filming - the quality of filming 🤥😰😰
I'm guessing this is another short that's basically a bunch of gags with a very very loose story that's only existence is to prove that Disney has the "best" IP to showoff.
And it actually is (will be) a shame, because this time they had more time to develop everything (unlike in "Loki", only 2 months). I understand that it is "problematic to put characters from different Disney styles into the world of the Simpsons", but it was possible to do something like ending of THOH25:
Simpson_Family_Archer_and_Chomet.png

Last edited:
О, Господи! Що це?!🤢
Спокійно - це лише якість зйомки на телефон, якість зйомки… якість зйомки 🤥😰😰
If only, if only. I feel the bad designs might be accompanied by the fact of how many characters will be in the short, considering how there throwing a Disney+ party, and how it only took 4 months to take which for Simpsons is not a lot of time.

I'm gonna be cynical here and say that I cannot imagine this short being anything good, but a mess of characters and references everywhere, lame jokes and horrid rushed pacing like the former two D+ shorts. If the short would be 10 minutes and actually have a decent plot (like the Balenciaga short) I would probably allow myself to be a bit more optimistic, but seeing that brief teaser (its not even a trailer, I'd say) I cannot really see how it could be anything near that (and yeah, those two Simpsonized designs look terrible).

Last edited:
So, the length is 4 min 23 sec.
I guess about SnowWhite, but her reaction here is really crap.
To be honest, Cinderella (on right) looks, let's said, the best among what we had seen from this short look.

Wow, these shorts love to praise Lisa. First, she becomes an avenger, and now she becomes a princess. Also, only 4:23???? Well same quality as The Good, the Bart, and the Loki is in this short's future.

Four minutes? Sigh. Why are they so adamant in making these Disney+ shorts so short, while that Balenciaga commercial short was 10 whole minutes and had a decent story to go along with it but Disney cannot fork out the same for D+ but just do brief referential messes?

New stills

You know, the designs of the characters who were originally in 2D to begin with look OK, but I'm not a fan of how Scully looks.

EDIT: Posted this before seeing the above pic and... Yeesh, not a fan of how Snow White and Cinderella look. Not looking forward to how Jasmine & Rapunzel (my two favorites) look should they also be in this.

Wow! We haven't seen one of the Monsters characters (one of the Monsters from Monsters Inc., Monsters University and Monsters at Work) in 2D before, but I think it will be very neat to see

Looking at those preview stills, I think most of the Disney characters look off (such as Cruella and Scar, but some look OK like Winnie the Pooh, Tinkerbell & Clarabelle & the originally CGI characters didn't translate all that well into the Simpsonized style. Doctor Strange & Mando look pretty much on point which comes to no surprise as the show often have an easier time adapting live-action characters to its style).

Also who's the glasses-wearing goatee guy in the pic with Lisa? I recognize everyone else and he stands out like a sore thumb. Must be from some Disney+ special or short I haven't seen, I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Oooh, don't forget Toy Story, Coco, Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, WALL-E, Ratatouille, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, Onwards, Soul, and Luca. But Cars and Finding Nemo/Finding Nemo could be impossible, there's no way that the Cars characters or the Finding Nemo characters would be able to appear tomorrow anyway

It was shit. I am a prophet.

Serisouly though, it really was shit. A confused rushed mess of cameos that might have been funny if any of the jokes actually landed. Also, considering that The Simpsons is now a Disney property, couldn't they at least have gotten some of the actual voice actors for the Disney characters? The terrible jokes wouldn't have been any better but there would at least have been some novelty in hearing the real Goofy voice saying that he'd rather be Homers sidekick than Mickeys.

Back