Now just what the hell is this: Toy Story 4

Plus, when Toy Story 3 came out, I'm pretty sure Pixar themselves said that Toy Story 3 was really the end and there would be no more.

That's exactly what it sounds like.

I like the idea of exploring where they were manufactured as some sort of existential crisis. In all honesty. Like Buzz's revelation in 1, magnified by thousands. Toy Story should just be the angstiest shit Pixar makes and give the little kids Cars 3.

I'm hoping that Cars 2's medicore critical reception will turn Pixar off from doing another sequel for awhile. While I can't really imagine them doing a Toy Story 4, I would be interested in seeing them possibly do a spin-off of the Toy Story franchise, perhaps centered around the fate of the lost toys. Then again, they could probably do that in one of their shorts.

i wonder how they choose which characters to keep and which to kill off in the movies, is it based on the actor's famous-ness or respect or something? Ernest and George Carlin they had no problem replacing but Paul Newman they actually killed off

Well... It doesn't mention the source of the reports so I doubt these rumors will come to fruition.

Anything can happen though...

In the world of unnecessary sequels, I would rather a Toy Story 4 than a Monsters University or a Finding Nemo 2.

Out of the three, Finding Nemo 2 feels the worst...it would just be revisiting all the same jokes and characters again...I can imagine them meeting up with those turtles again with their "sweet...totally" catchphrase. But hopefully Pixar can be more inventive than that.

Here's the thing, unless they can pull together another story that REALLY deserves to be told about these characters, then it's best left alone. Hell, there was the Toy Story short about Ken and Barbie during "Cars 2" that sort of felt like a silly little epilogue showing how they're doing in their new home (On an unrelated note, I must be in the minority when I say that I enjoyed Cars 2 but hated the first one).

Wasn't Pixar going to make a dinosaur movie and a movie dealing with the human mind? Why don't they focus on those instead of sequels?

I've heard some people like Die Hard 4.

Not many. But at least it's liked somewhat.

Incredibles 2 first please!

As for Toy Story 4, if it happens, there's no way I'm not gonna go see it, but I hope they don't ruin it!

I agree with the calls that The Incredibles should get a sequel. I'm actually amazed that it hasn't been done yet! Certainly much better than Toy Story 4!

I haven't seen Ratatouille, but I did watch Wall-E. While I don't remember much of the ending, I think it should be like Finding Nemo: Just a movie with no sequel(s) as I don't know what they could possibly do in another film!

The Incredibles is definitely the Pixar film that's screaming for a sequel though.

Last edited:
Yea, an Incredibles sequel seems pretty likely and will probably eventually happen. I just hope Pixar doesn't start making sequels to everything and comes up with more original ideas soon.

If they really must make a fourth Toy Story, they should just do a prequel about Jessie, Bullseye and Stinky Pete or one about the girl from 3's toys (the hedgehog, the female triceratops, the unicorn and the others), not a direct continuation of the third.

Last edited:
The Incredibles is one of the few Pixar movies that I always expected to have a sequel, kinda strange that it hasn't been overly touched upon....

The wiki page does contain this info though....

In 2004, when Disney owned sequel rights, Disney announced plans to make sequels for The Incredibles and Finding Nemo without Pixar involvement. Those plans were subsequently scrapped.

When Disney acquired Pixar in 2006, the expectation of Disney was that Pixar would create more sequels and bankable franchises. Director Brad Bird stated in 2007 that he was open to the idea of an Incredibles 2 if he could come up with an idea superior to the original film. "I have pieces that I think are good, but I don't have them all together," Bird said.

At least Brad Bird wants to do it if he feels he can do something even better than the first one, rather than simply churning a bad one out for the sake of easy money......I'm looking at you Shrek.....

shrek4and5.jpg

:deadhorse: :gatormad:

Back