NEW ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure why i'd even been using "default" since the changeover but this sudden tweak is noticeably great

:Pac-man:

i keep clicking on nhc mobile because that's where the link to new posts used to be

it's really messing up my board experience :mad:

Does anyone else think the Simpson Movie R&R thread should be unstickied (and maybe moved to Episode Discussion)? It's been sitting up there for almost 3 years now.

also the mobile theme's color scheme is going to be re-done; i simply haven't had the time to work on it yet. soon.

mr. broom only pretends to hate fallacies because he is being paid-off by wikipedia founder jimmy wales to constantly link us to his website, wikipedia

mr. broom only pretends to hate fallacies because he is being paid-off by wikipedia founder jimmy wales to constantly link us to his website, wikipedia

I think mr. broom has enough integrity to not accept money from a Randian Objectivist.

our mobile theme was tinkered with recently and can be accessed via http://www.nhcmobile.com

also nohomers.com will work again soon. :facesmack: i just noticed it wasn't redirecting to the site.

slowly phasing the simpsons element out little by little. It's only a matter of time before the main Simpsons forum is dissolved into the General Animated Discussion.

No

That won't happen. I don't see any reasons to phase it out. There is still a good amount of members who go there and there is nothing wrong with keeping it there. If you don't like it, you don't have to go to it, but those who like it should still be able to have the Simpsons section.

Like it or not, this site still has Simpsons elements in it becuase there are Simpsons fans here. You don't have to like The Simpsons, but there should be nothing wrong with Simpsons-related items in this site as it's not being forced upon you.

what is the simpsons

The Simpsons is an American animated television sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of a working class American lifestyle epitomized by its eponymous family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.

The Simpsons is an American animated television sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of a working class American lifestyle epitomized by its eponymous family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.

Courtesy of Wikipedia: Sarcasm is a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt. Though irony is usually the immediate context, most authorities sharply distinguish sarcasm from irony; however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony or employs ambivalence. Sarcasm has been suggested as a possible bullying action in some circumstances.

i just (neatly) added facebook "recommend" buttons at the top right of each thread.

get the word out and get us more good members here. thanks dudes

of course clicking that button on threads in the super forum here is kinda useless since it's a private section, but meh whatever. if you click the recommend link on threads in any public forum here you'll see "(Your name) recommends (Thread title) on NoHomers." displayed on your fb page.

yes, which is the entire point of it, to allow non-members to click those links on facebook profiles and allow this site to grow. that's why every site has "like" and "recommend" links; to attract traffic.

we're not paying shitloads of money every month to keep a few hundred regular members somewhat satisfied. if that was the case, we'd still be on our creaky old server and we'd revert back to working on the page maybe a couple times a year.

if you're embarrassed by linking to a site called "NoHomers" on your fb page (despite the fact that most domains on the internet are ridiculous sounding if you really think about it), then you're more than welcome to ignore the recommend links. of course, maybe you just don't want your family to know about this site & see your posts, i have no idea. regardless, the fb links are not an eyesore and we're not removing them this time around.

'nuff said.

bleh someone deleted their post asking "it wont automatically post that on facebook if i accidently click it will it?" if anyone's wondering why i'm talking to myself here.

haha.

oh yea we're also occasionally experiencing a bug when double posts are made with the exact same post ID #, so that if you or a moderator deletes one of the posts the other is deleted along with it.

this happened a few times a couple nights ago when our server was acting up a bit, and fortunately it appears to be a rare occurrence. we'll look into it nevertheless.

today animation & the simpsons forum have been merged into their rightful place in the A/V section. also, the simpsons trivia forum aka springfield university has been removed due to horrible inactivity.

and oh yeah, i added one more thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back