NEW ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone put an end to the 'daten' thread era please

in the past there has been so much talk of the simpsons connection here being embarrassing long term. but really it is threads like "daten" that are truly bad for this place, not the fact that there is a homer simpson logo on top. i get that this is a close community with lots of great, empathetic members, but the most prolific posters in that thread are people who want attention and sympathy for their social ineptitude and have no real motivation to act on the advice they get.

i don't see the logic of the happy/unhappy threads getting closed for the sake of concentrating those types of emotions in the lounge while that thing is allowed to exist. it's a cyclical abortion and the laughing stock of anyone who lurks but is not a regular poster

Well i didn't mean for the date'n thread to turn out like that, I partly wanted people who were in good, stable relationships to talk about stuff they were doing too

plus to give Jordan somewhere to unload besides the lounge thread

can someone put an end to the 'daten' thread era please

in the past there has been so much talk of the simpsons connection here being embarrassing long term. but really it is threads like "daten" that are truly bad for this place, not the fact that there is a homer simpson logo on top. i get that this is a close community with lots of great, empathetic members, but the most prolific posters in that thread are people who want attention and sympathy for their social ineptitude and have no real motivation to act on the advice they get.

i don't see the logic of the happy/unhappy threads getting closed for the sake of concentrating those types of emotions in the lounge while that thing is allowed to exist. it's a cyclical abortion and the laughing stock of anyone who lurks but is not a regular poster

Right on the money. The BRENTmoney.

user profile field titles are temporarily blank. sorry, working on it

edit: fixed

if you'd like, now you can enter your real name here and have it displayed in your profile and in your posts - see mine, for example. it could be just your first name, your entire name, nickname known by everyone... whatever you prefer.

this is really helpful to other members if you're someone who changes your username on a regular basis.

http://www.nohomers.net/profile.php?do=editprofile

we're still formatting the new servers, we won't be on them on january 1st but very soon nonetheless. sorry for the wait :gatorshrug:

just a heads up that i added a bunch of the avatars from the recent thread we had.

i didn't add all of the simpsons avatars, or pictures that weren't 130x130. if the popular ones from that thread could be re-sized i'll add them.

more changes to the nhc coming soon

today the TV & film forums have been condensed into a single section, and futurama is now a sub-forum of animation. the majority of the mods here agreed on doing this, and it definitely makes sense.

guess this is a good place to mention:

arcade scores don't submit anymore. instead it just takes me to the nhc index. can this be fixed?

Haha I always forget I'm supposed to maintain that arcade. Might have to update IBPro, too, but I'll take a look at everything when I get home.

i hope nobody expected me to moderate that nintendo fun club that i forgot about for seven years

yea so i figured i'd make a default color scheme i was actually proud of & matches the main portal page. enjoy.

(i've still got a few things to tweak but it's 99% done and good enough to be made public)

also the "android's dungeon" simpsons sub-forum has been dissolved and its threads merged into the parent forum.

Simpsons-thank-you-statu-01.jpg

thank you come again

slowly phasing the simpsons element out little by little. It's only a matter of time before the main Simpsons forum is dissolved into the General Animated Discussion.

slowly phasing the simpsons element out little by little. It's only a matter of time before the main Simpsons forum is dissolved into the General Animated Discussion.

It's a conspiracy....

0.jpg

And every one of you low-watts is in on it!

and then general animated discussion will be dissolved into off topic, and then all of no homers will be merged into one big forum, and then no homers will merge with all the other message boards, and then all social networking sites will merge into one big incestuous slurry of posts and updates

then we'll all have to enter the tron world and fight flying toasters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back