NEW ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep a razor blade in my wallet in case anybody ever finds out that i post on an internet message board w/ a homer simpson logo

because it sounds like a fucking cartoon message board
listen, asshole. you signed up (twice might i add) for a cartoon message board, this cartoon message board, and now you're on a high horse about it? i don't care if you never once went into general discussion. the fact of the matter is, you post on a forum for animation, period. if you can't deal with that and you're just going to make snobby assertions of dominance over the people that still take pride in the show, then kindly fuck off and die.

and animation no longer being at the top of forum list really depresses me.

Is the placements of forums in a list really worth getting depressed over? It's just making the site slightly more convenient for the majority of users.

Instead of Homer at the top of the board I want Bowser from Super Mario Brothers 2, with sunglasses on, being all cool. And he has a double-neck guitar and he's like whaling on the guitar and notes are coming out of it. But he's also on a surfboard! He's on a surfboard and waves are coming up at the bottom. So he's like surfing and and whaling at the same time, and in cursive over it, it'll say "Let's Party". The whole thing's in front of a pot leaf. And all that is on a cross... because I'm like really religious because my mom died when I was young. Oh wait, instead of it saying "Let's Party", have it say "Happy Birthday Rick", because he is having a birthday party tomorrow night and he will freak out if he sees that.

Not until I'm admin, Raoul.

Oh and Bowser wasn't in Super Mario Bros. 2 by the way

listen, asshole. you signed up (twice might i add) for a cartoon message board, this cartoon message board, and now you're on a high horse about it? i don't care if you never once went into general discussion. the fact of the matter is, you post on a forum for animation, period. if you can't deal with that and you're just going to make snobby assertions of dominance over the people that still take pride in the show, then kindly fuck off and die.

yeah, I know I'm new here and don't know everyone and whatever but it kind of strikes me as pathetic/hilarious when people post this "OH MY GOD I AM SO ASHAMED THAT I POST ON A WEBSITE WITH A PICTURE OF HOMER SIMPSON ON IT" stuff... like, unless you're one of the 5% of boarders here who joined for something other than Simpsons discussion originally you really have no right to be so embarrassed by it. okay so the show sucks now and you don't want to watch it or talk about it... don't, nobody is forcing you to. but this forum is still the same damn place you joined.

and what the fuck is "cartoon message board" even supposed to mean anyway? this has haunted me for my entire 7.5-year-long boarding experience, back when moderators used the phrase to dissuade excessive profanity. are so many of the people here honestly still hung-up on the 1960s perception of what a cartoon is supposed to be?

Last edited:
unless you're one of the 5% of boarders here who joined for something other than Simpsons discussion originally you really have no right to be so embarrassed by it.
I'm one of those 5% and I'm not embarrassed by it. You see, I saw the name of the site before I signed up. Plus, the term "online message board" would most likely be the "embarrassing" part of describing this place to some hot chick who hardly knows how to use Facebook or whatever. Anyway, let's all chill. Or find something more fruitful to bitch about than what this place has been named for nine years.

o
and what the fuck is "cartoon message board" even supposed to mean anyway? this has haunted me for my entire 7.5-year-long boarding experience, back when moderatrs used the phrase to dissuade excessive profanity. are so many of the people here honestly still hung-up on the 1960s perception of what a cartoon is supposed to be?

"I post on this cool site called No Homer's"

"What an odd name."

"It's a Simpsons reference"

"WHAT? A CARTOON? LIKE THE JETSONS?" ARE YOU FUCKING 11"

Instead of Homer at the top of the board I want Bowser from Super Mario Brothers 2, with sunglasses on, being all cool. And he has a double-neck guitar and he's like whaling on the guitar and notes are coming out of it. But he's also on a surfboard! He's on a surfboard and waves are coming up at the bottom. So he's like surfing and and whaling at the same time, and in cursive over it, it'll say "Let's Party". The whole thing's in front of a pot leaf. And all that is on a cross... because I'm like really religious because my mom died when I was young. Oh wait, instead of it saying "Let's Party", have it say "Happy Birthday Rick", because he is having a birthday party tomorrow night and he will freak out if he sees that.

nhcbanner4raoul.jpg

yeah

actually i actively mention i post on a cartoon message board. if a friend thinks this makes me lame or uncool than this friend is no friend of mine

I feel that it's somewhat appropriate to summarize some of the complaints we've had via a Simpsons reference:

Member A: Hey I know some of the changes have been a little inconvenient but what right do you have to complain?

Member B: As a loyal member, I feel they owe me.

Member A: What? The board has given you years of entertainment and discussion for free; what could they possibly owe you?! If anything, you owe them!

Member B: (pauses) ... Worst message board ever.

Wait, this board was modeled after that stupid fucking cartoon?

and here I thought all of these years that it sprung up during the OJ trial and you guys just never shut it down.

While I understand the change, and have been basically uninvolved in the decision-making aspects of this place for quite a while now, I will say there is something sad about removing the emphasis on The Simpsons here considering the legacy this place has earned, especially even among the show's staff (whether positive or negative). It's all labels, but I don't think calling this place an off-topic and pop culture place has any outside appeal at all really. The change seems like a catering towards the most active current members at large, instead of appealing to drawing in new members. Fresh faces won't come here with the hook of discussing off-topic things. Every board on the planet has that. This place draws people in because of Simpsons and it is #1 in SOMETHING at least, and is unique for it. To me, that was the big achievement of this board, in the bigger picture. Sure, now it appeals to its most active members mostly in other ways, and its current members will sustain it with non-Simpsons stuff, and that's good, but there is a sadness to it. I guess the sad thing is that clearly the show itself hasn't been able to garner enough excitement and interest to bring in enough new Simpsons fanatics to fill the Simpsons portion with enough content, and that's the sad truth. I guess the waning of the show's dedicated following is the reality that needs to be accepted. The amount of hardcore fans seems to have diminished, and perhaps the show's current relevance has too. And while all the content is still here, I look at this as a sentimental goodbye to a lot of the Simpsons-related fun we've all had the past ten years, here and while watching the show itself. The fact that the #1 Simpsons board isn't even that interested in The Simpsons anymore is a very sad and sorry sign for the current state of the show. That's the real issue here.

On a personal level, despite the fact that I hardly ever post in-depth reviews of new episodes anymore, and have gone from Simpsons-crazed co-founder of NHC to occasional boarder, I'm a sentimentalist at heart and I still don't miss a new episode. I'm sticking this one out until the end, and I guess I hoped this place would too. I also always figured that when I slowed down my Simpsons postings other younger fans would come in and fill the void. I guess I was wrong.

All that being said, I think there's too many separate forums and sub-forums now. Change is a bitch!

PS: Hi Eric, keep up the good work! :) I'm glad you at least care enough about this place to even make decisions about it and run it. :D

take out the bits about being an administrator and co founder of the website and that post reads as a much more articulate way of saying exactly how i feel. i need to get better about expressing my emotions through channels other than anger. the amount of speed i have been taking lately has not been helping matters.

While I understand the change, and have been basically uninvolved in the decision-making aspects of this place for quite a while now, I will say there is something sad about removing the emphasis on The Simpsons here considering the legacy this place has earned, especially even among the show's staff (whether positive or negative). It's all labels, but I don't think calling this place an off-topic and pop culture place has any outside appeal at all really. The change seems like a catering towards the most active current members at large, instead of appealing to drawing in new members. Fresh faces won't come here with the hook of discussing off-topic things. Every board on the planet has that. This place draws people in because of Simpsons and it is #1 in SOMETHING at least, and is unique for it. To me, that was the big achievement of this board, in the bigger picture. Sure, now it appeals to its most active members mostly in other ways, and its current members will sustain it with non-Simpsons stuff, and that's good, but there is a sadness to it. I guess the sad thing is that clearly the show itself hasn't been able to garner enough excitement and interest to bring in enough new Simpsons fanatics to fill the Simpsons portion with enough content, and that's the sad truth. I guess the waning of the show's dedicated following is the reality that needs to be accepted. The amount of hardcore fans seems to have diminished, and perhaps the show's current relevance has too. And while all the content is still here, I look at this as a sentimental goodbye to a lot of the Simpsons-related fun we've all had the past ten years, here and while watching the show itself. The fact that the #1 Simpsons board isn't even that interested in The Simpsons anymore is a very sad and sorry sign for the current state of the show. That's the real issue here.

On a personal level, despite the fact that I hardly ever post in-depth reviews of new episodes anymore, and have gone from Simpsons-crazed co-founder of NHC to occasional boarder, I'm a sentimentalist at heart and I still don't miss a new episode. I'm sticking this one out until the end, and I guess I hoped this place would too. I also always figured that when I slowed down my Simpsons postings other younger fans would come in and fill the void. I guess I was wrong.

All that being said, I think there's too many separate forums and sub-forums now. Change is a bitch!

PS: Hi Eric, keep up the good work! :) I'm glad you at least care enough about this place to even make decisions about it and run it. :D

Yeah, fuck you Al Jean

I think that the current state of The Simpsons is great, both in quality in popularity, so I think that the show is well off as of now. You shouldn't hate Al Jean. You should be grateful for him. He helped with seasons 3+4 and helped keep the series running as long as it should. The fact that people are embarassed that a picture of Homer is at the top sickens me. Like I said, I don't mind change, but us Simpsons fans shouldn't be looked down upon. In conclusion, I'm not worried about the state of The Simpsons at all as of right now. Plus, this board doesn't reflect the entire Simpsons fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back