More Season 14 Info

Matty

Appropriately crazy
Global Moderator
The 14th season of The Simpsons, the longest-running sitcom on television, will premiere on Sunday, Nov. 10, and will include an appearance by Batman and Robin.

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, multi-talented artist Lenny Kravitz, classic rocker Tom Petty, acclaimed singer/songwriter Elvis Costello and swing revivalist Brian Setzer are among the guest voices on the upcoming season.

In the season premiere "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation", Nov. 10, Homer is secretly videotaped complaining about his family while in cab (a la Taxi Cab Confessions). In an effort to help him regroup, Marge, Bart, Lisa and little Maggie send him to Mick Jagger's (playing himself) Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy camp. Once there, Homer lives the life of a rock star, taught to him by the likes of Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty and Brian Setzer all of whom guest star as themselves.

In "Large Marge" Sunday, Nov. 24, Marge mistakenly thinks Homer is eyeing other women. In an effort to uplift her appeal, she decides to get plastic surgery to look younger. But the surgery goes awry when Marge receives breast implants that were meant for a younger patient. Meanwhile, Bart and Millhouse catch an episode of Batman and Robin (guest stars Adam West and Burt Ward), where they battle Clown Man -- who coincidentally looks a lot like a younger version of Krusty.

Additional guest voices this season include rock 'n' roll legend Little Richard as himself, David Lander (Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley) and actor Elliot Gould. Pro-skateboarding legend Tony Hawk and alternative rock band Blink 182 will lend their voices to the show's 300th episode, "Barting Over," Sunday, Feb. 16.

The Simpsons' own executive producer, James L. Brooks, guest stars as himself alongside actress Marisa Tomei, who plays a once famous starlet, in the episode "A Star Is Re-Born Again" Sunday, Feb. 23.

from: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0207/24/index.htm

Great stuff! The "Large Marge" subplot sounds hilarious!

One thing that's throwing me off is the airdates though. EABF03 is airing January 12, and EABF05 is airing February 16. There will surely be two new episodes preceeding DABF05 in February, since it's the sweeps, which would likely be EABF04 and 06. "A Star is Re-Born Again" is probably EABF07. At any rate, the p-codes will be jumping around like crazy this season.

Did anybody else notice that "A Star is Re-Born Again" kind of sounds like a variation of "The Lastest Gun in the West", which aired on the same Sunday (last of February) as this ep will?

What I don't get is that the 300th episode, Barting Over would have to be the 9th episode of the season. So why is it playing SO late in the year??

Yes, it truly is screwed up. Here's how I think the schedule will play out:

Nov. 3: DABF22
Nov. 10: DABF19
Nov. 17: DABF21 (the title "Helter Shelter" indicates a shelter will be involved and Thanksgiving sometimes involves charitable deeds to the needy, so I think it'll air on this day)
Nov. 24: DABF18
Dec. 1: RERUN
Dec. 8: DABF20
Dec. 15: EABF02
Dec. 22: RERUN
Dec. 29: RERUN
January 5: RERUN
January 12: EABF03
January 19: RERUN
January 26: RERUN (Superbowl)
Feb. 2: EABF01
Feb. 9: EABF04
Feb. 16: EABF05
Feb. 23: "A Star is Re-Born Again"

Last edited:
I think they can squeeze one more episode on Dec. 1st or before the Superbowl. We'll just have to wait and see what FOX does. And both episode descriptions sound great! Can't wait!

Eight episodes have to air before EABF05 to make it the 300th episode. Expect it to shift from it's presumed date of February.

Kamikaze_chimp said:
what about the great louse detective? i dont know much about it yet, just that it has sideshow bob

but bob is dead!

We never saw him actually die or anyone referring to his death in the past tense.

My thoughts:

1. Large Marge sounds better than early descriptions implied. Notice that the "funny raffle scene" seems to be missing (there's now a non-Scullyesque reason for Marge to go the hospital), and it doesn't say anything about liposuction.

2. Looking at the title, I'm guessing A Star is Re-Born Again will have something to do with religion. Just a guess.

3. If Helter Shelter becomes the "Let's Insert a Thanksgiving Reference at the End to Make It the Thanksgiving Episode" episode, then it could play off-- or totally forget-- the shelter Bart pays a visit to in Bart vs. Thanksgiving: Helter Shelter.

"The Great Louse Detective" - Someone from homer's past tries to kill him and Bob helps him find out who he is...

"A Star Is Re-Born Again" will also guest star Marissa Tomei..

Thrillhouse24 said:
i cant wait until the 300th episode tony hawk and blink are gonna be on it thats gonna rock the house!

Uh-huh... the guest stars are what the show's all about. :)...

stride_83 said:

Uh-huh... the guest stars are what the show's all about. :)...

dont jump to conclusions as of yet. But, i tony hawk kicks ass and so does blink 182. So im happy!

EABF07 = "I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can" written by Kevin "Island of Dr. Hibbert" Curran.

Hmm... Spelling Bee of some sort?

Marge mistakingly thinking Homer's eyeing other women in "Large Marge" - if this were season 11-12, I bet they would have Homer have some kind of eye defect that causes his eye to twitch around, making it seem to Marge like he's eyeing other women. Heheh.

Friz said:
EABF07 = "I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can" written by Kevin "Island of Dr. Hibbert" Curran.

Hmm... Spelling Bee of some sort?

I heard a rumor about this episode. I heard it's gonna be a Ralph episode. Something about Bart and Lisa helping Ralph in a spelling bee competition. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TRUE, but its likely.

|RABiD| said:

I heard a rumor about this episode. I heard it's gonna be a Ralph episode. Something about Bart and Lisa helping Ralph in a spelling bee competition. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TRUE, but its likely.

Where'd you hear that?

If its true, this might not be such a bad episode, actually. This Little Wiggy kinda degraded Ralph's character, but an episode that more realistically treats Ralph's, ahem...problems (like I Love Lisa did) could actually pack some good empathetic value, and be damn funny to boot (despite its problems, This Little Wiggy was still hilarious).

Don't spread rumors. This isn't what the episode is about. Nothing to do with Ralph.

Tomacco said:
Don't spread rumors. This isn't what the episode is about. Nothing to do with Ralph.

It's just a rumour. Do YOU know what the ep is about?

On the episode "Two Cars in Every Garage and 3 Eyes on Every Fish" in the second season DVD, Matt Groening hints in an upcoming episode that the family would be visiting their state capital.

Thrillhouse24 said:
i cant wait until the 300th episode tony hawk and blink are gonna be on it thats gonna rock the house!
Sideshow Bob turned out to be a nice guy and hes going to help Homer
in the Great Louse Detective?

Yes, I do know what the episode is about. :)
And Friz, must have read my description at my site.
Lisa becomes a spelling champion.

Back