Moments That Flat Out Embarrass You as a Fan

-Lisa's subplot in You Only Move Twice
-Maggie saving Homer in Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder (didn't use to dislike it, but I recently saw the episode with a friend and that scene was pretty awkward)
-Lisa the Drama Queen (the whole episode)
-Homer dreaming of killing his father in Papa Don't Leach
-Lisa vs. Bart (Lisa wins) from The Great Wife Hope
-Homer "pushing Bart on the swing"
-Lisa calling Bart and Andy "losers" in Pranks and Greens
-Homer and Marge laughing at the couple who said that they wanted to have children in Catch 'Em if You Can
-Lisa dancing in Once Upon a Time in Springfield
-Marge trashing Moe's in Strong Arms of the Ma

There's probably more.

-Lisa's subplot in You Only Move Twice
-Maggie saving Homer in Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder (didn't use to dislike it, but I recently saw the episode with a friend and that scene was pretty awkward)

i actually agree with these two, the subplot in YOMT wasn't "embarrassing" though I just didn't like it a lot, but Maggie saving Homer? What , is she "Super Baby"?

Just watched "HOMR" today and remembered how annoying and silly the one scene was where Homer was at the bank pretending to be his wife and child behind a plant to fool the bank teller.

She really doesn't act like "Super Baby," she just pulls Homer out of the water. It's not like she dived into the water and pulled him from the depths of the ocean.

she dives into the water (she's what, a year old?), and she is able to successfully pull Homer up (pretty sure there is a BIG weight difference between them), so IMO yes she is "Super Baby"

and the explanation (something about how "When a parent's life is in danger, a child can summon super-hero strength"). It's clear they needed a quick ending and so they resorted to this

Last edited:
and the explanation (something about how "When a parent's life is in danger, a child can summon super-hero strength"). It's clear they needed a quick ending and so they resorted to this

It's actually called super-human strength, and in survival circumstances, yes, it can happen.

Well, this is just a matter of opinions, so let's not start a war.

I'm not doubting it can happen, but for a mere baby? That I don't buy at all.

and this isn't a "war"; it's a discussion, and those are perfectly alright in threads...

Last edited:
It's actually called super-human strength, and in survival circumstances, yes, it can happen.
in no circumstances is it possible for a one-year-old to lift a grown man. end of story.

and that's a terrible argument. basic science says this cannot happen. there you go.

oh and i've never seen a man sprout wings. guess i can't deny that it cannot happen. ugh.

OK, yea, I see babies dive in water and pull their father out ALL THE TIME.

THAT'S literally impossible haha. Like, really. Of course I never have seen it, but still. It's something that cannot happen. Babies do not have THAT kind of strength...

edit: what forbiddendonut said

hey guys, bouffant betty could probably pull a guy out the water when she was one.

she remembers her first birthday after all as well

I can't believe that was even a debate... it's simply flat-out IMPOSSIBLE to happen... like really, why debate that... I think that's quite possibly the dumbest debate that has happened here in a long time

yea i remember too. my 1st birthday sucked. my 3rd however was pimpin. its extremely common/easy to remember early events in life the same way as this.

192.jpg

Marge's boob job was definitely a low point in the series. More recent stuff has been pretty hit and miss. Hopefully the upcoming season will get it right.

that's a big "hopefully" IMO.

A Moment I just remembered, when Homer promises not to embarrass Bart at the school and he works behind the counter at lunchtime and sings a song... something like "I'm big and yellow and I'm serving jell-o"... that scene always embarrassed me

The only thing I'm embarassed about concerning the Simpsons is Nancy Cartwright's link with Scientology.

You know I actually heard the she used the Bart voice to promote some sort of Scientology event a while back. Much as I like the show, I find that totally irresponsible on her part.

Back