Marcia Wallace has passed away.

Really sad news! Edna is and always will be a great character with a fantastic VA to back it up. R.I.P... I will miss your distinctive "HA".

my former username went out with Edna, so this loss is extra hard on me.
RIP Marcia

lol at people wanting bart to write a solemn goodbye on the chalkboard. he wouldn't be there in there anyway.

Yeah Ned losing another wife could be funny (in a dark sorta way) and emotional (if the writers handle it well) but since the character is being retired. I just imagine they'll act like Nedna never happened whenever the Flanders family appears on screen.

It's sad to think at the prospect of Ned being alone again. Edna Krabappel was the very best thing that ever happened to his character after Maude's death.

First Don Payne, and now her. Marcia will be missed. You could feel the joy in her voiceover work. She left this world way, way too soon.

This makes 2013 the year with most Simpsons deaths. I figure Sam might not last much longer, either.
Wait, Don Payne died? Wow, news to me. Not only that, but a number of guest stars have died this year as well, including Tom Clancy, Cory Monteith, Huell Howser, Dr. Joyce "I Brought My Own Mic" Brothers, Pat Summerall and the guy who voiced Homer in the Italian dub. Also, Matt Groening's Mother (and Marge's namesake) died in April.

It wasn't about her death, just about the Ned and Edna relationship. They will need to progress it somehow, and I just hope Ned is going to be alone again

that's so fucking inappropriate. wait a few days and make a new thread.

Very sad news RIP :(

Lay off [MENTION=50853]Paine[/MENTION], he's just as curious as the rest of you guys are as to how Ned's character will progress.

I for one am saddened by this. I've always enjoyed Mrs. Krabappel on the show, and I also remember it being kinda funny how she also voiced the teacher at the "gifted" school Bart went to in "Bart the Genius."

I am also wondering how the show will deal with this. It is likely that they might kill off Edna to make for a rather dramatic and heartwarming episode, and then dedicate it to her.
I'm also reminded of the episode of "As Told By Ginger" where Ginger's brother Carl's teacher died, due to her voice actress also dying in real life.

Man, it's really bumming me out to know I'll never get to meet Marcia Wallace now. She is one of a few cast members I'd love to meet someday.

Who remembers her in Full House?

Screen-shot-2013-04-22-at-8.30.41-PM.png

I think it only further proves a point that Maude Flanders is a sociopath at large.

But in deep seriousness, this is really sad news. Such a great voice and character that will be missed.

I was so shocked to hear this news; the show wouldn't be the same without her. :(

R.I.P. Marcia Wallace.

I'm also reminded of the episode of "As Told By Ginger" where Ginger's brother Carl's teacher died, due to her voice actress also dying in real life.
um... i don't think anyone in the world has ever seen that show besides you

Who remembers her in Full House?

Screen-shot-2013-04-22-at-8.30.41-PM.png

That's when she first worked with Carolyn Omine, a rookie writer at Full House, during that time, and who was still a few years away from becoming part of the Simpsons family.

Nothing much to say that hasn't been said. She did an incredible job voicing a very memorable character. May she RIP... :(

I am greatly saddened by this news. The passing of Marcia Wallace is an immeasurable loss to the Simpsons. She was one of the people who helped make the show the success it became throughout the years

Edna was one of my favorite characters on the show. I was not too thrilled with her pairing with Ned but otherwise I really liked her character throughout its duration and felt added a great deal to the enjoyment and entertainment of the show. Of course she added greatly to the show's comic dimension but she was also a character of a great deal of depth, emotion and substance -someone you could feel a great deal of compassion and empathy for

Of course that was due in no small part to the writers of the show and the way that they developed the character and wrote her script and drew her image. But words and character development and animation without a talented and gifted voice to make them come to life are just meaningless

And that's where Marcia Wallace deserves her credit and acclaim -she took what she was given and made her character come to life through the way that she voiced her. She gave Edna her comedic timing but she also gave her a whole lot of humanity and depth and conveyed her character's strengths, weaknesses and frailties. That's hard to do when you are only giving a character a voice but it's something she managed to do so well for me

Rest in peace, Marcia Wallace. You did well and you will be missed. The world was better for having had you in it and is the sadder for having lost you

Marcia Wallace really brought a real genuineness to her character. Ms. Krabappel is one of the few characters on the show where you always believe that she is like a real person and not just a caricature.

RIP Marcia Wallace

Wow, this is sad news. Edna Krabappel is actually one of my favorite secondary characters in the show, and I still enjoyed seeing her even in the newer episodes. Marcia Wallace did a wonderful job voicing her and she will be sorely missed. RIP.

It's also kind of a reality check to me in a way. The Simpsons voice actors are really getting on in years; I'd kind of hate for the show to have to end suddenly because of a death of one of the main 6, which is pretty much what'd have to happen in that case. Sorry if this sounds morbid, but perhaps it's time they started seriously considering when to wrap it up.

Back