Mafia (Results!)

should we do this? (also are you in)

• Total voters

Jims

I'm Bartman.
Anyone up for a game of Mafia? Or Werewolf or whatever theme you call it. It's the Simpsons off season here so we need to find something to spice things up.

We'd probably need around 10 players to get a game going.

If you're not familiar with the game, here's the Wikipedia article on it. Basically, the premise of the game is that 1 of 10 players is randomly selected as the Mafia. It's his/her job to eliminate the other 9 players and be the last person standing. The other 9 players job is to figure out who the Mafia is and eliminate them. Each round consists of a "Night" period followed by a "Day" period.

During the night period, the Mafia will PM me the name of a remaining player to kill, which will eliminate that player from the game. After the player is selected, I will inform everyone who was eliminated, and the remaining 9 players (including the mafia) discusses who they think the mafia is, followed by a vote to lynch one player. All 9 players votes for who they think is the mafia (with the mafia player just trying to survive the vote). If the mafia is lynched, then the remaining players win. If the mafia remains, then Night falls again and the mafia selects their next victim. Keep cycling between Night and Day until either the mafia remains, or the mafia is eliminated.

There are also regular players that can have special roles during the Night period (usually a Detective and a Doctor), but which of those are used decided on later if we end up getting a game going.

Due to the nature of the game with the vote-offs and whatnot, we'd have to lay a ground rule that no one will play the game personally or mean-spiritedly. That the intent of the game is to eliminate the mafia, and not just vote off who you fight with. It's this concern that makes me hesitant that such a game could work on here, but if everyone agrees to keep it civil, it could be a lot of fun.

Me and my friends have been playing mafia on occasion for the past couple of years and it's a ton of fun. Even though it's just a silly game, it's just amazingly stressful being the mafia in a live game, having to watch your facial expressions and whatever. We actually don't play it that often due to the stress factor, but it's fun when we do. I've managed to win as the mafia a couple times but I usually end up failing miserably. Lying for a half hour straight is more difficult than it sounds.

I'm interested, I never played these games online but I have played Werewolf (or in this case Mafia, which looks like the exact same thing) in real life so I know the basics at least.

Sign me up! I'm up all night with nothing better to do in my life so why not...

I played a similar game with cards once (we called it Drug Dealer), so it seems to make sense to me. I'll play!

I'm interested, I never played these games online but I have played Werewolf (or in this case Mafia, which looks like the exact same thing) in real life so I know the basics at least.

I was thinking it could be played over the course of a couple weeks in this thread, with the mafia PMing me their pick, followed by a few days of arguing and voting, followed by another mafia pick, and so on. So hopefully that would eliminate the time constraint of having to schedule one night that everyone can do... People could just pop in and pop out of this thread as desired.

Doesn't look to be a ton of interest in the idea, though, but it's something maybe for the future.

Doesn't look to be a ton of interest in the idea, though, but it's something maybe for the future.

Pfft, I'll fix that!
[MENTION=36511]Riviera[/MENTION], [MENTION=45538]Handsome B. Wonderful[/MENTION], [MENTION=46632]Mozy[/MENTION], [MENTION=46458]The_Thompsons[/MENTION], [MENTION=27138]Jesse Pinkman[/MENTION], [MENTION=33674]zartok-35[/MENTION]

Not a fan of these kind of things, but thanks for the offer.

we played this in 10th grade history a lot (just another reason why the 10th grade history teacher was the best teacher ever). everyone had a lot of fun.

what i'm sayin' is i'm in.

If my current work schedule wasn't so erratic I would participate. I remember playing Mafia once, it was a ton of fun!

I was thinking about starting a Simpsons mafia game but didn't think it would fly. Play Mafia a lot really, joined a couple of games; it's really fun but annoying if you get the heat.

Don't know what the theme's going to be about but I'm in.

This seems like it could be fun. If you all need another person (if you even want me to), I'll join!

This must live.

This kind of fizzled out a little, but we could try it again! So far, you and [MENTION=46632]Mojo[/MENTION] are in. There were a bunch of other who expressed interest, so reply back if you're still interested.

1. Dobbie
2. Mojo
3. [MENTION=43951]irvine_11[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
4. [MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
5. [MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
6. [MENTION=36511]Riviera[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
7. [MENTION=27138]Jesse Pinkman[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
8. [MENTION=36001]iambobdole1[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
9. [MENTION=3954]ryan o[/MENTION]?
10. [MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION]? (CONFIRMED)
11. [MENTION=40145]HMS pinafore[/MENTION]? (UNABLE)

Of course, anyone who didn't see this thread in June are definitely welcome to sign up as well! :gatorbang:

Back