• Riviera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lionel Hutz

• Uh, god did it. (hosts/nons/deads)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another fact: I gave Dobbie the doctor position in order to rectify what was a conflict, Jesse being killed for reasons I don't agree with, a really late vote coming in with Banjo's death being official... The balance being thrown off... etc...

It's not a question of being at the thread 24/7 or anything like that, but a) your ruleset needs to be way more comprehensive and b) when an issue does arise, you have to take appropriate action.

I honestly empathise with you, Zombies. I know what it feels like to botch a game. But you should think long and hard about how you operate before you host another game. I don't mean any offense by saying this.

true, but at the time I didn't know he had pmed zombies

Maybe... Maybe I could of given him a 2 vote lead like I did Jesse for not voting.

I don't know, I thought the conflict would of fixed him. I was wrong...

[MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION] This had to be the best Mafia game I've ever played, even though it sorta broke the laws of the game per say. Without this mistake this game would have been a snorefest of 'I vote you since you say stuff!'

My problem is that I watch too much reality TV and I've completely taken away the personal touchy-feely aspect of playing games. In my view, this game is no different from chess. You're trying to knock over my pieces and I'm trying to knock over yours. If I take your rooks and bishops away, it doesn't mean I dislike them as a person.

Maybe I'm just too insensitive when it comes to gaming. I am indeed a hyper-competitive person, to a fault.

If my anger/grief is interesting as you define it I should not have played this from the start.

Eh, you would've had a good time if it wasn't for that one goof-up. Like I said over PM, it was just bad luck. It was bad luck that I decided to go after you and make you the scapegoat in trying to fix the FP situation.

If this game went normally, you would've had a fine time. Don't let one silly mistake and some bad luck ruin an experience for you. It sucks, but it's not always going to turn out like that.

What? He pmed you about Panther's post. When he did you should have realized the post corrupted the game and started over.

I did not want to start the game over; this would involve getting the guys who was killed back, reshuffling the roles and trying to get the game going in it's original condition; which in this forum is basically difficult compared to other mafia sites.

I also didn't want to end it either.

After this, I feel something for FP's condition; it must be horrible to not like music.

One silly mistake my ass jims.

But it pretty much was just one mistake with the PMs. You could call FP posting what he found as a mistake, but it still stems from the original PMs. And you could, in theory, blame me for pushing his buttons so much that he did it.

And, as I said, it's a pretty understandable mistake that started the whole thing.

This is our first real game of Mafia. Of course, we're not going to be expert level at it.

Thanks...

The actual operation of the game I have no regrets about, it is the PM sending that I should be worried about. Right?

Basically, but I would say that falls under operation anyway. I'd say the bigger problem was the fact that there was a deleted post and you did nothing about it, or at least nothing that I saw. Where I come from (and in almost every other site that plays mafia), that is about as big a no-no as you can get.

I did not want to start the game over; this would involve getting the guys who was killed back, reshuffling the roles and trying to get the game going in it's original condition; which in this forum is basically difficult compared to other mafia sites.

I also didn't want to end it either.

After this, I feel something for FP's condition; it must be horrible to not like music.

This happened during the beginning of the game basically!

Fine jims, I guess I was just the unfortunate "ass" of this game but rest assured I won't be of anymore.

Another fact: I gave Dobbie the doctor position in order to rectify what was a conflict, Jesse being killed for reasons I don't agree with, a really late vote coming in with Banjo's death being official... The balance being thrown off... etc...

Hehe I tried to convince you to give me the ability to 'protect myself' during the 24 hour murder process after the lynch.

I honestly didn't think there was anything wrong with posting it; people exchange information all the time. I figured a lot of people wouldn't believe me anyway. I also didn't really know what "outing" meant.

Fine jims, I guess I was just the unfortunate "ass" of this game but rest assured I won't be of anymore.

You weren't the ass, you were my scapegoat. You didn't do anything wrong at that point. :gatorthumbsup:

This happened during the beginning of the game basically!

But it was up to him; none of the other people posted that they knew about who was civvie, none of the other people questioned me about it. It was him who PM'd me about it, him who decided to go ahead despite the fact that it would seem foolish to post such things. Even I wouldn't of done it...

It would be more meritful if anyone else did it but this is as much his fault as it is mine.

[MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION]: Yeah, he did. I was kinda hoping to use it on myself tomorrow, and if I was targeted I would havd spilled the beans to FP and form an alliance with him! I literally could have taken a massive dump on the Mafia's faces!

You weren't the ass, you were my scapegoat. You didn't do anything wrong at that point. :gatorthumbsup:

And Dobbie was sacrificial lamb

ADDT: There would of been no clear cut decision regardless; I could tell him to not talk about the people that he knows but than again I've seen discussion about people knowing who's mafia and who isn't all of the time and that discussion is what makes mafia games. Again, not an easy thing to fix without breaking the game.

[MENTION=43656]Oh, that's raspberry![/MENTION]: Yeah, he did. I was kinda hoping to use it on myself tomorrow, and if I was targeted I would havd spilled the beans to FP and form an alliance with him! I literally could have taken a massive dump on the Mafia's faces!

You can't just SWAP powers out! Bullshit!

For the record, I never noticed anything weird in the PM I got at the beginning.

I sent out the regular PM; I didn't send any other PM's out to anybody, no one knew each others roles and no one knew who the townies were, they were all on their own.

One person just happened to look at the top...

Again, lesson learned. Send messages separately next time!

And thank you for not taking the whole thing seriously.

Back