• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Z

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Mafia II: The Revenge
This time, it's personal.

Roles:

Mafia:
  • Godfather (Can kill a player every even night, can survive at least one lynch.)
  • Bencher (Can block the roles of any player daily.)
  • Snooper (Can investigate people on odd nights.)
Civillians:
  • Doctor (Can resurrect people throughout the game, but only two.)
  • Detective (Can investigate people on even nights.)
  • Judge (Can break a tie in the result of a tie vote.)
  • Protector (Can protect people throughout the game.)
  • Townies (4 total, only purpose is to vote/survive.)

Players:

1. Oh, that's raspberry!
2. Dobbie
3. Financial Panther
4. irvine_11
5. iambobdole1
6. Jesse Pinkman (Murdered by the Mafia on Night 2)
7. Jims
8. Riviera
9. Lionel Hutz
10. Mozy (Detective) (Lynched on Day 1)
11. Banjo (Proector) (Lynched on Day 2)

Rules:
1. No outing.
2. No editing.
3. Don't be an asshat.
4. No illegal BTSC
5. No double targeting.
6. Vote in polls.

Any questions, PM them to me. Do not ask publicly in the thread.

Game so far:

Last edited:
Day 0:

Previously on Mafia:

So, the decision went to the Judge, between irvine_11 and Mojo.

The judge chose to eliminate irvine_11.

But the real question is, does is the game continue? Was irvine_11 the mafia? The answer is...

Yes

irvine_11 has no discerning looks about his fate, but he was unequivocally pissed.

The citizens walked him up to the guillotine, all while a big crowd cheered in unison.

irvine_11 stood on top of the platform and the patronites layed the freshly tied noose around his neck.

The mayor stood up and unrolled a scroll and began to read from it.

"Irvine 11, you have been found guilty of being mafia; you're reign of terror have scared many innocents and you may have thought you would of gotten away with it too; but what you didn't realize was there was a lot of us, while there was only one of you. Any last words before we pull the lever?

irvine_11 stood confident, firm and said "Yeah, I got some last words. You may have caught me but I am just one of many; the mafia will never be defeated. My death will make us stronger; celebrate while you can, we shall be back and we shall have more than one this time!"

The mayor pull the lever, seemingly ignorant of what he said; the cheering got louder. Finally, the threat of the mafia has been eliminated; a party soon upsured in which everybody got drunk and there was a big parade. Everything was fine...

Or was it?

7 days later, A dead body was found in Town Square.

The city gasp in shock. "Who would do such a thing?" asked Doobie. "I thought we've gotten rid of the scumbag?" said Jesse Pinkman. The mayor stood up, speaking to an uneasy crowd; saying "Calm down citizens, I don't know who would do this, but I do know one thing; the reign of terror is beginning again, someone is threatening to tear up this city and we'll do everything in our power to make sure these people come to justice and..."

Just as he was finishing his speech, the mayor suddenly collapsed. A pool of blood formed around him; the city was further in shock, unable to say a single word.

The mayor has been murdered!

It is now Day 1, you have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Last edited:
I see some people have jumped the gun.

For future reference; you have 2 days to discuss who you think is suspicious and if you're going to vote for someone, make sure you announce the vote before putting it in. For example.

I vote for this guy.

*votes this guy*

That way we know where you stand when it comes to your vote.

Have a nice day.

I voted Lionel Hutz because he's all of a sudden become a very active member.

The story is a little confusing if irvine_11 isn't the mafia this time, since he admitted to it in your storyline. Unless he's an innocent this time and just admitted to it for some other unknown reason. INTRIGUE.

(I'm sure whichever way it goes at the very end, Zombies will think of a way to make the story make sense.)

It's so early, it's tough to have any genuine suspicions. I might re-read the old thread to see if there are any changes in posting style, but there's not much to go on right now. I do fully expect the 3 mafia members to stuff the ballot box toward the same person, however, so it'll be interesting to see how the first vote goes down.

Hey Zombs, do you want me to make another one of those banners I did? I still have the old one, so it would be easy to update.

EDIT: Also, are all the votes back at zero after Zombies' jump-the-gun announcement? I can delete the poll if so, but I can't re-add it again (since vBulletin locks in who has voted in a thread).

Hey Zombs, do you want me to make another one of those banners I did? I still have the old one, so it would be easy to update.
A banner would be nice.

EDIT: Also, are all the votes back at zero after Zombies' jump-the-gun announcement? I can delete the poll if so, but I can't re-add it again (since vBulletin locks in who has voted in a thread).

Good question. Poll's not going to get deleted but I will allow those who voted originally (irvine_1, Banjo) before I made the announcement to change their votes by PMing me for today but you can only do it once, so think carefully on who you really want to vote for.

Irvine because he has the power to come back to life.

Just like this guy:

buddy-jesus.jpg

I voted Lionel Hutz because he's all of a sudden become a very active member.

I agree, he's obviously trying to draw attention away from this thread. I'll talk to him

Pipe down in there, Hutz!
duffless4.png

My gut reaction is that I find Financial Panther a little suspicious. In mafia games, there's a tendency to be suspicious of the people who vote for you, but I thought it was weird he just outright voted for me before I even posted in this thread. And his reason was kinda irvine_11-esque (from last game). Also, I just wonder if the mafia would want to get an NHC admin out of the game as soon as possible. I don't really think I have an advantage in any way, but it might be an initial psychological thing.

I dunno if I'm going to throw a vote at FP, but it was just weird to me. Clearly, I am overthinking things. ;)

A banner would be nice.

OK, I'll modify the old one and whip up something soon!

I voted for Financial Panther, for the unsure reasons I stated above. In terms of game theory, I realize this is a stupid vote since he had 0, and there is self-preservation logic to piling on the vote onto someone who already has 1 or 2 votes. But I'm probably going to be whacked in the first night phase anyway (if I make it there), so I may as well vote my conscience/logic in Day 1.

Day 1:

Well it has been an anxious day; for much of it people have been pointing out baseless accusations about themselves.

"I blame Jims, he's seeming like he's trying to take control of the mafia." said Panther.

"No, I blame Mozy, he seems really shifty recently." said Banjo.

'No, Hutz! He's been pretty busy at the barber shop as of late." said irvine_11

At that point, all eyes turned to irvine_11.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" said Dobbie.

"No, that was my evil brother; I'm his good twin." said irvine_11.

"Surrrrreeee..." said Dobbie in a sarcastic matter.

But eventually, they managed to get some discussion in and unanimously decide who to lynch.

Well not unanimously decide since the votes were shattershot but there were two people out there they suspected the most.

All eyes turned to Jims and Mozy; Jims was able to explain himself as a fine businessman who would never do anything wrong while Mozy just sweated up and couldn't say a word. Knowing his fate, he ran as fast as he can but a short while later he tripped, the mob caught up with him. Tied him up and led him to his fate.

The people expected this to be over, they expected this one person to be the mafia; they were wrong.

Mozy has been lynched. He was the detective.

It is now Night 1, you have 24 hours to send in your PM's.

NOTE: The post is for storytelling purposes only, nothing said is a tell of any of the characters.

Also I see some people didn't vote.

I'm looking at you [MENTION=46382]Lionel Hutz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27138]Jesse Pinkman[/MENTION].

I'll let it slide this time but consequences will come if you don't vote.

Oops, forgot voting closed so early in the day. I'll remember next time

Mozy was the detective? Uh, that's a really bad start. Did it end up going to a 2-2 tie like the poll said (and the Judge broke the tie) or did someone cast a 3rd vote for Mozy?

Whoever the Doctor is, I think Mozy is, like, a really good candidate for a resurrection.

Mozy was the detective? Uh, that's a really bad start. Did it end up going to a 2-2 tie like the poll said (and the Judge broke the tie) or did someone cast a 3rd vote for Mozy?

It was a tie vote, no third vote was cast.

Whoever the Doctor is, I think Mozy is, like, a really good candidate for a resurrection.

I don't like the feeling of that phrase.

The Detective is arguably one of the most important "innocent" roles, so lynching him on Day 1 makes things kind of dicey further on.

During the night phase, they get to PM Zombies and pick a player to investigate, and Zombies will either confirm whether that person is a member of the mafia or not.

Back