Little things you notice on the millionth watch

just wrap the image's url with
I]

I've honestly never much cared for that "only 31" joke in Duffless. I mean it is a funny line, but I tend to ignore it outside that episode honestly. Although one time I actually got a good laugh from them remembering it is when Moleman is participating with his dad at the Retirement Castle in "In the Name of the Grandfather."

I just noticed this: In "Marge Gets a Job," on the wall in Smither's office behind Marge during the interview, there's the picture of Burns with Elvis that he was given in "Burns Verkhaufen der Kraftwerk!"

I learned on the millionth watch of Mobile Homer that spider poison is people poison.

in Natural Born Kissers:

Homer and Marge make their run for it from the putt-putt windmill. Seeing the underwear they left behind, Flanders says in astonishment, "It was people! People soiled our green!"

which is a reference to Soylent Green.

and which apparently was so obvious that the SNPP capsule could mention the line without having to explain it

This isn't in the episode so it doesn't really count but I just did a little fanboy "squee" of delight from it so I'll mention it anyway.

I was just watching the animatic of "Send in the Clones" via the Season 14 DVD and there's a bit where Marge says "So, What's on tap for the Family Guy?" and Homer angrily responds "Don't ever call me that!" and does this funny head shake while scowling and showing his teeth. Made me LOL, I guess they figured Peter in the episode along with the series having been cancelled at that point was enough so they took it out of the finished episode, but still.:D

Might I also say that the episode looks beautiful on the set. The colors are so vibrant.

Yeah, it and the rest of 14. It just looks the best there because it's the only digital one on that disc.

Jaws Wired Shut: notice the "Editor in Chimp" sign...............
frame023.jpg

then in Brake My Wife, Please, 16 months later.....
editor-in-chimp.gif

coincidence?

In Flaming Moe's, Martin talks about a gas chromatograph for Inventor's Day. Professor Frink later uses one to find that the secret ingredient in the drink is love, and proceeds to ask who's been screwing with this thing.

In 'The Old Man and the Lisa', when Burns is trying to figure out what recycling means, there's a reference to Smithers right above rutabaga in the mental dictionary.
If somebody could find a pic of this, it would be appreciated.

It wasn't on the millionth watch, but it took a couple of viewings for me to catch on that Burns' reference to Lisa (ragamuffin) also appears in the same dictionary.

As I said in my review of 'Colonel Homer' in the Weekly Episode Club thread, I noticed that Lurleen had dark brown irises instead of the normal black ones the characters have.

So get this.

The town think Timmy O Toole is trapped down the well. They refer to him as Timmy O Toole and show concern.

When Bart falls down the well for real and admits he was Timmy all along, they refer to him as...

tumblr_m5j6tzzEBI1qh59n0o1_500.png

... and he doesn't need the town's sympathy, because he is a well boy.

In "Beware My Cheating Bart", I never noticed that Milhouse flips off (crosses his arms or whatever it's called) the taxi when him and Bart are crossing the street in the Bart being in love montage.

I don't know what they call it but he uses the arm gesture to cuss the driver out.

Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited:
here's something i noticed thanks to the newspaper thread.

season 3: the price of the Springfield Shopper is free.
180.jpg

by season 7, the price has disgracefully rocketed to the infinitely higher 35 cents.
304.jpg

and by season whatever, the price has escalated to 50 cents.
tumblr_m6qu2wjQAe1roamg8o1_500.jpg

Season 22's Flaming Moe

"My name is Moe Syslak, and I'm here to elect me"

Is a tribute to 1974 San Fransisco's gay candidate's Harvey Milk's. "My name is Harvey Milk, and I'm here to recruit you".

He's also dressed as Harvey Milk.

i mentioned this once before, but what the hell....

krusty's TV show & krustylu studios are in springfield. the itchy & scratchy studios are in springfield. anyone associated with either lives in springfield. yet, when the simpsons decide to go to itchy & scratchy land, they have to travel halfway across the country to get there. maybe not a gut-busting LOL moment, but i found it oddly amusing after the realization finally dawned on me.....

Back