Lets Lighten Up

I'm all for that. :) I don't think we have *too many* CBG-like episode reviewers here.

yeah its just that i hate those unintelligent simpsons nerds who diss the new episodes, and hate homer for no paticular reason. :mad: :( :boring:

Yeah, Im fed up of people bashing The Simpsons just because they dont like the newer episodes. Ive said it before and I'll say it again...

THE SIMPSONS ARE FUNNY. FULL STOP.

okay?

Homer_man said:
yeah its just that i hate those unintelligent simpsons nerds who diss the new episodes, and hate homer for no paticular reason. :mad: :( :boring:
i think you mean jake

davidk said:
Yeah, Im fed up of people bashing The Simpsons just because they dont like the newer episodes. Ive said it before and I'll say it again...

THE SIMPSONS ARE FUNNY. FULL STOP.

okay?
I've been trying to say that for the longest time.....

The Simpsons keep changing. That's what is great. Some people like the older ones better, and some like the newer ones. I like them all. I guess that can be compared to the changes in sports. The "old school" people liked baseball when it was more stratiegic than the home run. Kinda like the Old School Simpson fans.

barneybeergumble said:
don't you notice that jake always bashes the newer episodes and homer?
You're confusing bashing with criticism. As long as The Simpsons is a TV show, and television is considered an art form (of sorts), everyone is free to criticize it. It's stupid to think that to be a fan of the show you can't point out what you don't like. The show is not perfect, and we know that. Or maybe you think it is perfect, but if Jake finds weaknesses, he's free to criticize it as much as he wants...and that still means he's a fan.

Jillian said:
You're confusing bashing with criticism. As long as The Simpsons is a TV show, and television is considered an art form (of sorts), everyone is free to criticize it. It's stupid to think that to be a fan of the show you can't point out what you don't like. The show is not perfect, and we know that. Or maybe you think it is perfect, but if Jake finds weaknesses, he's free to criticize it as much as he wants...and that still means he's a fan.

I totally agree. I am an example of that. I am a Bears fan. They sucked today. Just because I said that doesn't mean that I am not a fan.

radiationdude7 said:
The Simpsons keep changing. That's what is great. Some people like the older ones better, and some like the newer ones. I like them all. I guess that can be compared to the changes in sports. The "old school" people liked baseball when it was more stratiegic than the home run. Kinda like the Old School Simpson fans.

True, humor is subjective and I think that most of us naysayers would
agree that it is still possible to find the show funny; they keep packing a lot of jokes into each episode. However, in the past they entertained us with both high brow and low brow humor, becoming the Shakespearean equivalent of our age. These days, it seems almost exclusively low brow, no brow, and beetle-browed, making the Simpsons no different than Family Guy. If you enjoy that kind of humor, fine. I'd
recommend the Three Stooges and Road Runner cartoons for your viewing. I prefer to watch a show that challenges me to some degree.

When you'll do anything for a laugh you only get laughs from people who'll laugh at anything.

Jake

The exception that proves the rule being "HOMR", which was one of the most thought-provoking episodes in recent memory (especially when compared to the rest of that season).

Jake said:

(frankly I am sick and tired of the jerkass Barneybeergumble of these more recent seasons.)

i dont think he'll get that. ive said this before but i love both types of the simpsons and love all the episodes but each for different reasons. intellectual simpsons fans and retarted simpsons fans, not to name any names but we all know who i mean *points*, will never see eye to eye so they should all get in a big cage and kill one another till the last man and that man can decide whats better. until then start using more profanity to make the arguements more interesting.

Big Poppa Smurf said:

i dont think he'll get that. ive said this before but i love both types of the simpsons and love all the episodes but each for different reasons. intellectual simpsons fans and retarted simpsons fans, not to name any names but we all know who i mean *points*, will never see eye to eye so they should all get in a big cage and kill one another till the last man and that man can decide whats better. until then start using more profanity to make the arguements more interesting.

Are you trying to turn this forum into the WWF?

The Simpsons is the greatest show ever. Does it have any flaws? Yes, very little though. But what show doesn't? The show is funny and intelligent and always has been. Thats what matters.

officermarge1525 said:
why would anyone hate the simpsons?

Unless a Simpsons-hater has a good reason to tell us why the Simpsons suck, overall, they should be at a good Simpsons-fan-board.

I happen to think the show is funny, bad or good episode. All hands down, it is the only show after all these years that i look forward to every week ever since it first started airing. Some shows i like enough to watch every once in a while, and forget to watch a lot.. but i never forget to watch the simpsons. It's a show i will truly miss when they stop making it.

I'm new, I'm a Simpsons Lover, all the characters rule, and I HAVE FUN!! I'm everything you want! LOVE ME! WON'T YOU PLEASE LOVE ME?!?

::Yawn:: I was just kidding...heeheehee

Back