Last Movie You Watched Thread

The World's End. Definitely the weakest of the trilogy, but it was still a good watch if you're in the mood for wacky comedy.

A Christmas Story: 4/5

This was the first time I watched the whole thing. I only caught bits and pieces through the years during Christmas Day marathons. It's pretty good if not slightly overrated. I take it the appeal is the clever narration?

Looper, decent and entertaining sci-fi movie,if slightly confusing, probably needs multiple viewings 4/5

Ernest Saves Christmas - 10/10
Jingle All The way - 9.5/10
It's A Wonderful Life - 2/10

The Hobbit: DoS - 7.5/10 (first time IMAX experience, quite impressive but I'll stick to the norm from now)
Up - 9/10 (BBC One Christmas showing)

the great outdoors

man john hughes wrote some great 80s films but what a stinker. the comedy is bland and john candy is really the only thing keeping it alive. worst is a third of the movie is spent with this inane, boring teen romance subplot that can literally be disconnected from the movie... it's not funny or anything. it's just pretty 80s girl and pretty 80s boy make out and fight while 80s synth plays in the background. and then they try to do the planes, trains and automobiles thing by making things "real" but it's sidetracked by a "wacky climax" involving a bear.

people say this is a classic which is what I hear all the time but wow... I guess I just didn't grow up with this one.

2/5

The Toxic Avenger - 8.5/10
This was the first time in like 4 years I had seen it, I forgot how much I love it.

I'm gonna watch Poultrygeist tonight as well.

Well instead of watching Poultrygeist I watched Caligula. Despite what critics say this movie was fucking fantastic,the only thing that needed to be cut was the brothel scene that went on way to long otherwise this might be one of my favorites film. Obviously the only reason critics hated it was because of it's graphic sex which imo only made one scene or two drag on. Also young Malcolm McDowell is basically naked the entire film so that's a plus.

10/10

Back