Last Movie You Watched Thread

The Dead Zone - 4/5
Red State - 4/5 (eh sue me I'm a big Kevin Smith fan)
Leprechaun - 3.25/5 (y'know for what it is)
Dracula: Dead and Loving It - 1.5/5
The Conjuring - 3/5
Paranormal Activity - 3.5/5
Cabin Fever - 3.25/5
Curse of Chucky - 3.25/5
28 Days Later - 3.5/5
28 Weeks Later - 2/5
Rubber - 3.25/5
The Birds - 4/5
Night of the Living Dead - 4/5

actually my first time seeing The Birds and Night of the Living Dead so odds are those ratings will improve in future viewings. it always takes me a few watches to really dig a film.

Just recently went to see the second Thor movie. It was really good, I enjoyed it. The first Thor was surprisingly my favourite Marvel movie after The Avengers, so I'm glad the sequel was as good/better.

Just recently went to see the second Thor movie. It was really good, I enjoyed it. The first Thor was surprisingly my favourite Marvel movie after The Avengers, so I'm glad the sequel was as good/better.

lol nice, I came to this thread to post that I finally just saw the first Thor last night.

It was pretty good, I especially loved the parts when Thor first gets to Earth. This is a small detail, but I like how most of the movie takes place in a small desert town in New Mexico, instead of a huge bustling metropolitan city like every other superhero film ever made. It made the film feel a little more organic to me.

I like Chris Hemsworth too, he gives a lot of life and personality to what could have been an incredibly boring and dull Roman god-type character. I really like the guy who plays Loki too.

Since I saw The Avengers before this, it's cool to have some backstory to the Thor and Loki characters now.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns- 5/5

A wonderful adaptation of the classic Frank Miller mini-series. Plus I'm glad I waited for the combined version and didn't buy parts 1 and 2 separately.

Thor 2
7/10

Pretty good but felt very pointless and the story was pretty damn basic and and had a very anti climactic ending.

What I've watched so far this month:

Masculin, Feminin (1966) - 9/10
Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) - 5/10
Bruce Almighty (2003) - 3/10
The Most Hated Family in America (2007) - 6/10
The Suicide Tourist (2007) - 8/10
Návrat ztraceného syna (1967) - 9/10
Testify! Eco Defense and the Politics of Violence (2005) - 5.5/10
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943) - 8/10
If A Tree Falls: A Story of the E.L.F. (2011) - 7/10

Thor 2- 3.8/5

Better than the first one (which I enjoyed as well), but the main villain was pretty generic. And the ending battle with the villain and Thor wasn't great. But the action overall was better and the interplay between Thor and Loki is what mostly made the movie for me.

Speak: 4/5

The cast was chosen well, the serious parts were dealt with beautifully, the funny parts gave me a good laugh and were places appropriately, it was adapted really well from the novel. I probably would have rated it higher, but the book was just so awesome that in comparison this didn't completely live up to it (despite, as I mentioned, it being a great adaptation).

Killing Kennedy- 2.5/5

It glossed over a lot of things, but this was based off a Bill O'Rielly book. It was interesting how they paralleled Oswald's and Kennedy's lives and how close major events in their lives occurred. Rob Lowe did surprisingly well in portraying Kennedy. Overall just a bare bones account of the assassination and subsequent events (the Tippit murder, Oswald's arrest and murder) as the media has always portrayed them.

Last edited:
Interview With The Assassin- 4/5

Low budget "documentary" that really captures the paranoia surrounding the second gunman theory of the JFK Assassination. It's very good at keeping up the tension throughout mostly due to the great performance of Raymond J. Barry.

12 Years A Slave - 4/5

Full of great performances. Only negative thing I can really say is that I'm not as in love with it as many others seem to be. But it was really enjoyable (so to speak).

JFK director's cut- 5/5

Yes there are many disputed things plus some dramatic license already admitted by Oliver Stone in this film, but at it's core it got several people to re-examine the case. Not the least of which was the US government itself which created the Assassination Records Review Board which has uncovered some explosive evidence that has not been fully covered by the mainstream media. This is Oliver Stone's best effort from a pure directing standpoint with the creative choices of using different types of film and editing them together. Also you will not find a more star-studded cast in any other film.

Back