King of the Hill already done? (final 4 never-before-seen episodes airing in may)

Fox Executive

the original Sex Pistol
Just caught this from Fox:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8240

[08.06.09 - 10:43 AM]
FOX'S REILLY: "HILL," "TRUTH" RETURN "UNLIKELY"
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Amongst a sea of questions about Paula Abdul's exit from "American Idol" and an audience struggling to get the word out due to Twitter's denial-of-service attack, FOX's executive session at the TCA summer press tour nevertheless gave us updates on two limboed series, "King of the Hill" and "The Moment of Truth."

"There are no plans to air either one of them right now," network president Kevin Reilly told reporters. "That's really all I'm going to say. I think it's unlikely."

FOX still has six episodes of the former Sunday mainstay as well as an entire second season of "Truth" in the can.

The latter had been set to return on July 29, was pushed to August 5 and again to August 12 before ultimately being shelved.

i think they still had a couple episodes from last season {holdovers} and i heard they were planning a proper finale, set for late 2009 {possibly in December?} man, that's a bummer about King of the Hill if it doesn't return :(

Eh..The "proper finale" was nothing more than retooling of the last few episodes - If I understood it correctly.

I'd like to see them, since they are probably completely done and ready to air. I mean, if anything just dump them overnight like SDSU.

With DVR, makes no difference to me what time it airs.

It's no secret that I am no big fan of the last few seasons, so I won't shed any tears if they never air these last ep's.

this really bites. i barely watch king of the hill anymore, but i used to really like it. i wish they had a proper finale. Wasn't the finale going to be Lucky's Wedding Suit originally, but it got renewed? obviously they won't get renewed again, so i wish they will have a good ending.

I stopped watching it as frequently once Lucky became a regular and ruined it, but it was still one of Fox's greatest shows and it deserves that proper finale

Zombielike Man: Why boycott them when they have quality programming unlike that of any other channel, be sure to watch The Cleveland Show this fall only on Fox!

Zombielike Man: Why boycott them when they have quality programming unlike that of any other channel, be sure to watch The Cleveland Show this fall only on Fox!

Don't forget, the new season od So You Think You Can Dance premieres on Wednesday, August 28! And beloved neighbor of Family Gy's Peter Griffin, Cleveland Brown, finally gets his own show, premiereing Sunday, September 27, right after... The Simpsons!? That junk is still on? Boy, we suck. Anyway, Sundays, right after the Simpsons. Just on Fox. Ugh, I need a drink

It's a Seth Mcfarlene festival of fun with Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad all on THE SAME NIGHT! Animation Domination indeed!

Last edited:
Yeah, I really have no reason to watch Fox anymore. I'll still catch The Simpsons (it's not great or anything, but I like to follow/discuss the show), but that's it.

It's no secret that I am no big fan of the last few seasons, so I won't shed any tears if they never air these last ep's.

Same here. The show is already "finished" in regards to the progression of most of their characters.

When a show runs its course, it's time to move on.

I would just like the DVDs to continue to be released.

Yea, that's my big thing.

I really wish they could re-release seasons 2-6 with commentary. Even if it's limited to just every few episodes, I would take it..

But I know it's not going to happen.

I'm amazed at some of the crap shows that get put on DVD and a show like KOTH can't even be fully released.

Same with Malcolm in the Middle.. A fairly decent show. Can't make it on DVD while random crap from the 80s somehow makes it out..

Same with Malcolm in the Middle.. A fairly decent show. Can't make it on DVD while random crap from the 80s somehow makes it out..

Apparently Malcolm Season 2 hasn't been released due to copyright arguments over some of the music they played on the show, but still it's annoying since that was one of their few live action sitcoms that was good.

I don't understand why the hell they couldn't just edit the episodes with the music out or something like that.

Apparently Malcolm Season 2 hasn't been released due to copyright arguments over some of the music they played on the show, but still it's annoying since that was one of their few live action sitcoms that was good.

Yea, I remember that being the reason.

Can't they just omit the one song that they had trouble getting the rights over? I mean, that's better than never releasing any of the episodes, over 20 seconds of a song or 2. Seems ridiculous.

I don't really care too much either way if these shows come on DVD actually. Since they've been played pretty heavily on cable over the last couple years. I've seen every classic KOTH so many times since I got cable... Same with most MiM.
But as a hardcore KOTH fan, I would still buy them.

Last edited:
Yeah MiM comes on like 3 times a day on FX, sucks if you don't have cable because Fox shows it at 1:30 am in my area

i like how this turned into a malcolm in the middle dvd thread :P

anyways, i also would like to wish that seasons 7 and up are released of king of the hill, but nobody was buying the DVDs or something

is King of the Hill popular? Like Simpsons are of course wildly popular, and Family Guy is, American Dad! i'm also not sure about... but how popular was King of the Hill? What do people consider the best seasons? The worst seasons?

plus Family Guy, American Dad!, and Simpsons have LOADS of special features, but i have seen several shows besides King of the Hill be released with little to no special features and they are still popular.

It's weird. The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad's DVDs sell great, but KotH's don't. What's the reason for this?

Seriously, at Target they have 2 and 3 bundled for $15, it's like they're trying to get rid of them fast.

is King of the Hill popular? Like Simpsons are of course wildly popular, and Family Guy is, American Dad! i'm also not sure about... but how popular was King of the Hill? What do people consider the best seasons? The worst seasons?

From what I heard, King of the Hill was wildly successful for the first two years when it was airing side by side with The Simpsons.

To me, the best years were Seasons 1-4, back when the show was actually funny. The downhill slide began in Season 5 when most of the character began acquiring annoying traits. By about Season 9, it got to where they were no longer trying.

From what I heard, King of the Hill was wildly successful for the first two years when it was airing side by side with The Simpsons.

It must've been, I remember eating Mac and Cheese where the pasta was in the shape of KOTH characters so there was obviously a time when it was really popular and new instead of Fox's quiet little sitcom

It must've been, I remember eating Mac and Cheese where the pasta was in the shape of KOTH characters so there was obviously a time when it was really popular and new instead of Fox's quiet little sitcom

That's still a weird conceit to me. KOTH never seemed like a show that would explode in popularity, yet apparently it was all the rage in '97, though arguably South Park was much bigger that year.

Both successes led to a boom in adult animation in both network and cable channels, though...

I believe KOTH was on the cover of TV Guide because of it's popularity. I still love the first 6 seasons.

Back