just bought the Simpsons season 1-10 on DVD lets go!

Well that sucks. I guess you got that one secondhand? If you bought it from someone, maybe you should contact the seller? If not, the best bet would be to keep your eyes peeled on if you find a complete season 10 in the wild (in thrift shops, flea markets, etc.).
they apologized and said that they will send me a new one

they apologized and said that they will send me a new one
That's nice. I was going to say that you will have to check the stars of the user and the reviews the user gets, because that could be why you're not happy with it, or you didn't receive the item/something(s) you wanted. But, thank God, the user apologized and didn't realize that something was wrong with this first copy you got. Hope you get a new copy soon, and good luck!

legit opened my season 10 box yesterday and kid you not the first disc was the season 11 disc and the second disk wasnt in the box how does that even happen
Oof! Yeah similar incidents have happened to me as well at least three times. My mother once got me a T&F tape for my birthday but the VHS didn't match the box, I got the wrong version of a VeggieTales tape and for Christmas a few years ago my mother got me the box set for Book 3 of Avatar that was missing the third disc.

The incident with the VeggieTales tape is the only one that was rectified. Like with you, the seller apologized and a week later the correct VHS showed up for no additional cost.

I shrugged the incident with the T&F tape off because the one I got sent was still one that I didn't have at the time even though it wasn't the one that was ordered, and I got a replacement Avatar Book 3 set (disc 2 on the aforementioned set was also fairly scratched) about a week later.

I once ordered King Of The Hill season 6 and the discs were all of season 5. Really annoyed me I had to send it back and order the season again from a different seller. I don't even think I got my money back.

Cool, you were able to get the regular box set version of Season 6!

Not sure if it's the same in other countries, but here in the US it's very hard to find that version for a decent price in contrast to the one that's shaped like Homer's head.
Cane here to say this. I fucking hate those damn plastic heads, they're ugly, aren't labeled on the sides, and never want to stand up straight on a shelf. But I can be a bit OCD about organizing things.

@John Smith 1882 I've owned two copies of Season 6, the current one which is a pre-owned box version and the first which was the plastic head that I got brand new. It was actually packaged in a way where it was inside a box and hung on a peg and came with a plastic slipcase that had the season labeled on the sides. Had no problem with it staying upright but it was hard to fit on most of my shelves due to it's height and I hated how it broke up the consistency with the rest of the season sets that I had.

The only other time I'd seen any of the head sets brand new was when my local Kmart sold the Krusty head version of Season 11 when it first came out.

I've only owned one of the plastic heads (season 8) and that was one I picked up some time after I had gotten the regular version (it was to see what the fuss was about the head boxes) and it was pretty flimsy and unwieldly, more so after a couple of years (I also disliked how sharp the edges were). I gave it away later (to free up some space) but I don't miss it at all.

I still don't get why they thought the plastic heads was a good idea, but even more so how they kept releasing that variant along with the regular cardboard boxes when the initial release (season 6) was met by widely negative reception. It was a waste of plastic (and in retrospect, I think it was even more of a terrible idea due to how society has become a lot more conscious about the production of excessive plastic. If the idea for the head designs came now, it would definitely have been nixed).

Last edited:
@CousinMerl My first copy of Season 6 which was the Homer head version actually came with a slip of paper with a phone number on it for an offer to exchange the plastic head version for the regular box version (which might explain why it's so rare, probably wasn't sold in stores in the same numbers as the head version). When I found my box copy about a year later, I kept that slip (along with a mini flyer promoting some of the other merch like the 1 through 5 DVDs, the episode guides and a limited print of a poster based on the Time and Punishment segment from that season's THoH) for shits and giggles.

Then a year later I stumble across this video revealing that the simple task of getting the normal box of Season 6 would lead to a controversy!

I got all the DVD boxsets way back when they first came out. I've got the normal box for season 6, but being young and reckless, I stupidly bought the ugly Simpson head versions of seasons 7-10. I wish I could exchange them for the standard boxes.

Cool, you were able to get the regular box set version of Season 6!

Not sure if it's the same in other countries, but here in the US it's very hard to find that version for a decent price in contrast to the one that's shaped like Homer's head.
The regular boxset is pretty common here in Australia I think.

Source: Bought the box about 5 years ago at a JB-Hifi

Back