just bought the Simpsons season 1-10 on DVD lets go!

The DVD & Blu-Ray sets are 100% better than Disney+, especially because of the hilarious audio commentaries. Good job, man, on finding them all at once. Great find.
yeah its great i got each season on ebay for £3.50 each sadly theres no blu ray version for the first 10 seasons tho. Which i do understand because the dvd sets were made in the mid 2000s

the dvds came today im excited to watch them

1659440331743.png
1659443549060.png
i bought them pre owned because i dont really care about them being brand new and they are much cheaper pre owned

Attachments

• 1659440360966.png
    1659440360966.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Cool, you were able to get the regular box set version of Season 6!

Not sure if it's the same in other countries, but here in the US it's very hard to find that version for a decent price in contrast to the one that's shaped like Homer's head.

Looking good lined up (though I believe 6 & 7 are facing the wrong way).

By the way, what's up with the big ugly stickers on S6? I don't think I've ever seen a DVD with that big of stickers on it. I hope they can be peeled off easily & the surface of the box cleaned (with some light rubbing alcohol) easily.

Looking good lined up (though I believe 6 & 7 are facing the wrong way).

By the way, what's up with the big ugly stickers on S6? I don't think I've ever seen a DVD with that big of stickers on it. I hope they can be peeled off easily & the surface of the box cleaned (with some light rubbing alcohol) easily.
yeah the bottom sticker was easy to peel off. but the top right one not so much

1659443388737.png

#rip top right

@CousinMerl & @benjovi2004 The sticker on the bottom of Season 6 looks similar to the ones they put on items at my local gaming store. Getting them off isn't much of an issue with games and DVDs, but likely more of a challenge when placed on gaming guides as there's a risk of damaging the front a little.

yeah the bottom sticker was easy to peel off. but the top right one not so much

#rip top right

Oof! Always annoying to see that kind of thing happen (thoughI think you can still clean that stickiness off with a vad of cotton with some light rubbing alcohol on it). Good thing you at least got rid of the other sticker fairly easily.

Last edited:
my favourite front cover is definitely the season 9 one
1659453788609.png

its a bit annoying that Lisa's head has mark on the right side but i dont mind that much because i bought it pre owned

@benjovi2004 At least the marking is a close enough color. My copy of Season 9 (which I also got pre-owned) has markings as well but in her teeth and underneath the white it's silver.

even tho im watching season 6 im just gonna get the season 9 dvd and watch the king of the hill episode because apparently its really good

I also like the Season 9 cover (as well as the whole music theme, with a big plus for the neat music-referential postcards included, which I still have slotted in behind the booklet. Do your pre-owned copies have those, @benjovi2004 & @John95?).

I don't have any markings on my cover (maybe a given, seeing as mine was brand new when I got it), but there's a small 'The Simpsons Movie' sticker on the bottom corner below Lisa's head (promoting the sneak peek animatic included).

I also like the Season 9 cover (as well as the whole music theme, with a big plus for the neat music-referential postcards included, which I still have slotted in behind the booklet. Do your pre-owned copies have those, @benjovi2004 & @John95?).

I don't have any markings on my cover (maybe a given, seeing as mine was brand new when I got it), but there's a small 'The Simpsons Movie' sticker on the bottom corner below Lisa's head (promoting the sneak peek animatic included).
u mean this?

1659460371696.png

iv just watched the king of the hill episode and it was amazing but the pitch was off. the pitch is way more higher than the Dinsey plus version. Does your DVD'S have a higher pitch, @John95 @CousinMerl

u mean this?

No, That's the booklet. I'm talking about these (that should be included in the set):

S9postcards.png

Also for your other question, Region 2 DVDs tend to have a slightly higher pitch (sped up by 2% I believe), which is natural. Many later DVDs do have a pitch correction thing going on, I believe.

No, That's the booklet. I'm talking about these (that should be included in the set):

View attachment 2662

Also for your other question, Region 2 DVDs tend to have a slightly higher pitch (sped up by 2% I believe), which is natural. Many later DVDs do have a pitch correction thing going on, I believe.
no i dont have those

View attachment 2662

Region 2 DVDs speeds up because it is in the PAL format, not NTSC format like in Region 1 DVDs. Region 4 DVDs are also that way as well. Also, it actually speeds up by 4%, which may cause the pitch to be higher (usually, if the master is on film, not on videotape). The frames per second is 25 in the PAL format, compared to 24 frames per second in the NTSC format.

Season 2 is the only DVD that plays in the NTSC pitch, despite being sped up by 4%, for unknown reasons. Also, please be sure that your UK DVDs are not exactly the same as US DVDs, as some of the audio in the audio commentaries may be cut to avoid a higher rating or any other reason.

Region 2 DVDs speeds up because it is in the PAL format, not NTSC format like in Region 1 DVDs. Region 4 DVDs are also that way as well. Also, it actually speeds up by 4%, which may cause the pitch to be higher (usually, if the master is on film, not on videotape). The frames per second is 25 in the PAL format, compared to 24 frames per second in the NTSC format.

Season 2 is the only DVD that plays in the NTSC pitch, despite being sped up by 4%, for unknown reasons. Also, please be sure that your UK DVDs are not exactly the same as US DVDs, as some of the audio in the audio commentaries may be cut to avoid a higher rating or any other reason.
to be fair it annoyed me at first but iv already got used to it and besides because im gonna use the dvd sets from now on al not realise that its different

@AubreetheSimpson, I seem to mostly having read PAL speedup being just a couple of percent, but 4% makes sense as the media in question tend to be around 2 minutes shorter in PAL (also, while NTSC play at the correct pitch, PAL usually tend to enjoy a noticeably increased picture quality with the speedup. And to be honest, when I watch PAL media, the pitch difference has never really bothered me even when I can heard a difference. It's still the same show, movie, etc.; I'm not especially picky with these things).

Also, please be sure that your UK DVDs are not exactly the same as US DVDs, as some of the audio in the audio commentaries may be cut to avoid a higher rating or any other reason.

I think the only censorship I've read of is an edit in the 'Simpson & Delilah' commentary (I think it was) to remove a sex-related reference, but I haven't heard of more censorship being done in the commentaries. Would like to hear of more censorship edits being done in the R2 releases (which I imagine can't be that many, or I'd hear about it a lot).

Last edited:
@AubreetheSimpson, I seem to mostly having read PAL speedup being just a couple of percent, but 4% makes sense as the media in question tend to be around 2 minutes shorter in PAL (also, while NTSC play at the correct pitch, PAL usually tend to enjoy a noticeably increased picture quality with the speedup. And to be honest, when I watch PAL media, the pitch difference has never really bothered me even when I can heard a difference. It's still the same show, movie, etc.; I'm not especially picky with these things).

I think the only censorship I've read of is an edit in the 'Simpson & Delilah' commentary (I think it was) to remove a sex-related reference, but I haven't heard of more censorship being done in the commentaries. Would like to hear of more censorship edits being done in the R2 releases (which I imagine can't be that many, or I'd hear about it a lot).
I have also read about the censorship of this part as well on the Simpsons Wiki.

On The Simpsons Archive website (still exists, but it now has a different link, I believe), there is a page about the BBFC Ratings in the UK, and it reveals that two episodes, "Simpson & Delilah" and "Lisa the Greek" had the audio commentaries cut by 15 seconds to remove sex-related references. They were done to avoid a "12" rating. That means these two episodes had the audio commentaries censored in the UK, but not in the US, and these are the few that have their audio commentaries censored in the UK. I also have read online that the Complete Seventeenth Season is the only Simpsons DVD to receive a 15 rating in the UK, but it is only because of the additional material.
bandicam 2022-08-02 13-18-26-695.jpgbandicam 2022-08-02 13-17-50-118.jpg

Last edited:
legit opened my season 10 box yesterday and kid you not the first disc was the season 11 disc and the second disk wasnt in the box how does that even happen

Well that sucks. I guess you got that one secondhand? If you bought it from someone, maybe you should contact the seller? If not, the best bet would be to keep your eyes peeled on if you find a complete season 10 in the wild (in thrift shops, flea markets, etc.).

Back