Jokes We Don't Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
scottvivian said:
I don't get the ending to King Size Homer, or at least, what happens to Homer at the end. He's reaching for the switch to the tank, and suddenly realizes something, then falls and gets stuck in the tank. What's that all about?

well IMO Homer thought of an idea at the last second, and its sort of ironic because his new idea was probably going to be something stupid and wacky and would have ended up killing everybody. But he got lucky and squeezed right in.

There's not really a 'story.' The World's Fair is a convention/exposeum held every year since 1851 to display new inventions and technological improvements.

I don't get the joke when Nelson looks at Skinner's house, he says: "Wait 'til he finds out what I left in his birdbath!" What DID he leave in Skinner's birdbath?

scottvivian said:
I don't get the ending to King Size Homer, or at least, what happens to Homer at the end. He's reaching for the switch to the tank, and suddenly realizes something, then falls and gets stuck in the tank. What's that all about?

dansam said:
I don't get the joke when Nelson looks at Skinner's house, he says: "Wait 'til he finds out what I left in his birdbath!" What DID he leave in Skinner's birdbath?

In both cases, the joke is that you don't know. You're supposed to use your imagination and fill in the blanks for yourself.

There's another joke like that, in "Large Marge" when Milhouse was about to tell why he was crying at recess.

That was Milhouse was gay. And liked Bart. Everyone has always alluded to the fact that Milhouse was gay. And I think it was BvsLvsTTG.

Dr S- Did you realise there is a direct correlation between the rise and fall in popularity of spirographs and the rise in gang activity... Think about it.

Bart - I will

Dr S - No you won't?

He's just weird for the sake of it yeah?

Last edited:
Miss Springfield said:
Dr S- Did you realise there is a direct correlation between the rise and fall in popularity of spirographs and the rise in gang activity... Think about it.

Bart - I will

Dr S - No you won't?

He's just weird for the sake of it yeah?

Spirograph was very popular around the time it was released, but like all games of that nature, the fun factor was limited and so Spirograph became less and less popular very quickly- the joke in this case is that Dr. S was unable to accept the fact that it was no longer popular, and was desperately clinging on to it and inventing absurd false claims about it (i.e. that without it, gang activity increases). This is why the spirograph factory is completely desolate, and why he says "No you won't" to Bart- because everyone but him has forgotten about Spirograph and moved on.

^ One of my favourite gags.

It's not a joke but does anyone know why The Spingfield Files, Simpsonscalifragi..., Lisa's Sax and Simpson Tide have 3G0 production codes? Were they animated seperately from the episodes around them?

From the L.I.S.A.:

Those four episodes were produced separately from the main batch by Al Jean and Mike Reiss, as opposed to Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein who produced the rest of Season Seven. These shows were given the 3G codes to reflect this.

Does Catsup really exist? If so can I have some info please? Is it a brand name?

Okay.

"Take My Wife, Sleaze." The dance contest. Homer throws Marge up into the air, and suddenly she walks through the front door, looking drunk or something.

Marge: Wow. A '50s nostalgia café!

What the hell is that all about?

It's riffing on the old cartoon standby gag of someone throwing something and having it take a really long time to come down--in this case, he threw Marge so far she went back in time.

01092CFliv5650-p.gif

R.I.P. SIMPSONS JOKES THAT WE DON'T GET
2001-2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back