Itchy & Scratchy End Credits Production Company (the one with the typewriter)

hi all-

this has been killing me. There's an episode of Itchy & Scratchy that ends with the two of them at a typewriter as the "camera" is spinning around them, and Scratchy throws the paper out and it lands on a stack of paper, spelling "I&S". This is referencing the end credit sequence for a TV production company (or writer?) from the 80's (I think). But I cannot for the life of me think of who it is. Not to mention I haven't seen that sequence in many years and would have a good laugh if I saw it again. Anyone remember what that is? Thanks!
Packy

oh, and if this should be in the Q&A thread let me know or move me or whatever. Newbie here:)

thanks for droppin' by!

it's parodying the stephen j. cannell productions end credit-thing, here's a youtube of it:

welcome to no homers :gatorgreet:

I believe Family Guy went on to do a very similar parody with Peter sitting at the typewriter. I don't know if The Simpsons were the first but I'd say it's been done a few times by now.

didn't realize there were several versions of that

is the last one supposed to be an HD version? he must be still at it

haha I love how his fake typing is painfully obvious in the last one

according to wikipedia for typewriters:
Cannell continues to write on an old-fashioned typewriter (an IBM Selectric currently) and only uses a computer for research purposes.
and also
Cannell is dyslexic, and is a spokesperson on the subject. According to an episode of Paul Harvey's The Rest of the Story, Cannell frequently has to dictate ideas or even complete scripts to a personal secretary.
so how often does use a typewriter at all?

YES!!!!!! huzzah!!!!!

thank you so much! The first version on that last clip is the one I remember most. Now I gotta remember what the hell shows I saw that on, ha...

Sure beats googling "beard guy typewriter TV end credits show guy with a beard guy"

I think that this reference was actually explained in the commentary.

Back