IMDb ratings of Simpsons episodes

Anyone noticed that they tend to be....errrr....absurd? Here's an example:

Kill the Alligator and Run gets a 6.7/10

Cape Feare gets a 9.0/10

So according to IMDb users, Cape Feare isn't a world away from Kill the Alligator and Run in terms of greatness.

I know the users of IMDb are a more general audience than NHC, but it's still quite hilarious, or perhaps depressing. Yeah depressing.

IMDb episode list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096697/episodes

IMDB in general is what you would call absurd.

It really depends on the number of people voting. Kill the Alligator and Run only has 364 votes, whereas a fan favorite like Marge vs. The Monorail has 983 votes.

I personally would rate KTAAR a bit lower than that.

Don't trust IMDB. The worst rating I seen was 5.7 and the best was 9.1.... What the fuck :mad:

Oh god Politically Inept has a rating of 6.3, it should be at least a 4. but the worst is that TV.com gave it a 7.4
Elementary School Musical has a 6.7 should also have a 4

Lisa Goes Gaga is the lowest rated Simpsons episode, so at least they got something right. It's still a 5.2. I'd give it a 4 at most.

The best i've seen was a 9.4 (Breaking Bad) and the worst was a 2.5 (Troll 2).

So really it's not that bad. Below 7 is below average (bad) and above 7 is great, so it's pretty accurate to me. To get a 5 or below the thing has to be fucking difficult to sit through.

Even the worst simpsons episode doesn't deserve a 5 or 4 imo.

NHC seems more critical/harsh since most of the users been watching The Simpsons since the beginning

I think the ratings are generally stricter here because we rate episodes based on how good they are compared to the original run as opposed to how good they actually are on their own merit (I admit I do this too). If we didn't remember how good the Simpsons once was I bet our ratings would be very different.

Lisa Goes Gaga is the lowest rated Simpsons episode, so at least they got something right. It's still a 5.2. I'd give it a 4 at most.

The Internet Movie Database ratings are from a mixture of hardcore and casual fans.

I noticed that currently for "Lisa Goes Gaga" there were 49 users that gave it a 10 (most likely hardcore Lady Gaga fans who haven't watched any other Simpsons episodes), and 48 users that gave it a 1 (at least they got it right).

Scores for ratings in between the highest and lowest have anywhere from 9 to 21 users.

I think the ratings are generally stricter here because we rate episodes based on how good they are compared to the original run as opposed to how good they actually are on their own merit (I admit I do this too). If we didn't remember how good the Simpsons once was I bet our ratings would be very different.

I've been not watching classic episodes because it makes watching the new ones too depressing.

The general consesus is that the majority of the IMDb voting public is retarded. It's as simple as that. I mean, there are so many problems with the IMDb Top 250 it's not even funny.

I don't have a need to look at TV ratings for individual episodes or even shows themselves, but when it comes to film I go straight to Rotten Tomatoes.

There are a lot of Simpsons fans who love the terrible episodes, mainly because they are more used to the modern episodes. I have seen some people who have said Lisa Goes Gaga is their favorite episdode. :gatorwtf:

The comments in this thread are kinda ridik. On a normal rating scale from 0-10, a 6.7 is a D - bad. On the normal Rate & Review threads here a 3 is okay and a 4 is good, but that's a different scale. I think IMDB is actually better for modern TV than modern movies (the latter of which attract fanboys/girls like droves), though it's better yet for older movies. And people here claiming the people on IMDB are dumb for liking modern episodes: they don't.

Compare the # of episodes rated 8 or above for each season (with +s for episodes with 7.95-7.99): I 2+
II 10 +++++
III 14 ++++
IV 17+
V 18
VI 22
VII 20
VIII 12
IX 11
12, 18, 19, 23 1 each (Trilogy of Error, 24 Minutes, Eternal Moonshine, Holidays Passed)
11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 24 0

They clearly believe that when the seasons got to double digits the quality waned, and after the first decade there's only been a great episode every couple of years. Seems to be the consensus here as well. And I also agree with that assessment.
And their T4 seasons are 4-7; in the Hurt & Heal Tournament the T4 seasons were 4-7.

Back