If Phil Hartman were alive?

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
What if Phil Hartman would never have murdered him?. We know that Hartman was murdered by his wife on May 28, 1998, which for this reason his The Simpsons characters Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz were retired from the show. But if that murder had never happened?. Phil Hartman would be alive and would be 73 years old today. If Hartman were alive, there would be a season 18 or season 19 Simpsons episode with Troy McClure talking about the movie or an special episode in 2019 for the 30th anniversary of The Simpsons. I was imagining Troy McClure in a modern episode from the HD era. But all of that would have been possible if Phil Hartman hadn't been killed in 1998. Not only Troy McClure would have continued to appear on The Simpsons, also Lionel Hutz. Troy would be saying that the show is no longer as funny as it was in the 90's.

We would also have Troy and Lionel available on the game Tapped Out.

R.I.P. Phil Hartman. (1948-1998).

Last edited:
Maybe we'd have gotten a Phoenix Wright shout out if we still had Hutz. Lionel Hutz; Awful Attorney!

I mean presuming this glorious golden timeline where Phil's still alive also meant having a fun writing staff still.

Honest reply: the lines given to his characters would have been just as bad as the lines given to every other character, which would have meant that not even Phil's uncomparable comedic delivery would have been able to make them funny.

I agree with Kangdos. See Saturday Day Night Live season 19 for reference. Not even Phil Hartman could save it.

Back