If Milhouse Van Houten were African-American?

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
Milhouse Van Houten is a European-American boy because is of Dutch and Italian descent. But what if Milhouse were black and Afro-American instead of Euro-American?. His last name wouldn't be Van Houten. This is how Milhouse would look like as a black boy.
Afro-Milhouse.png
Also, he wouldn't voiced by Pamela Hayden but a black voice actress. Nelson Muntz, Jimbo Jones, Kearney Zzyzwicz and Dolph Starbeam would be somewhat racist bullies and I'm against the racism. But just image how Bart Simpson's best friend if were Afro-American instead of Euro-American (Afro-Milhouse). I'm not racist and I have a lot of respect for the people of color. Lewis Clark is the only Bart Simpson's Afro-American friend.

Last edited:
Technically Judge Synder and Lou the cop were white to begin with (and Smithers and Mrs. Hoover were black) so it's not like race bending have never happened on Simpsons before. I don't mind race bending characters (I've seen really cool art of black Bart Simpson) but I also like it when new diverse characters are created from the get go.

the only correct answer
Gifted.jpg

Then Milhouse either would've got the Apu treatment and got kicked out or he'll still be around with a new voice actor.

@Tilly, true also. A lot of cartoons or tv shows had an afro-american character who was the protagonist, best friend, including Hey Arnold, Recess and Family Matters's first season.

If Milhouse was an African-American character, I don't think he (or Bart when he is with him at least) would be victims to any of the bullies since the writers would fear racial implications. After all, I don't recall Bart's friend Lewis being targeted by any bullies.

Bashir was targeted, but i don't remember him being bullied. Also, there was a bad pun with his name (even in french, his name was pronounced "Va chier" which means screw you).

@Tilly, true also. A lot of cartoons or tv shows had an afro-american character who was the protagonist, best friend, including Hey Arnold, Recess and Family Matters's first season.
Don't forget Gerald Johanssen, Arnold's best friend from Hey Arnold!, Clyde McBride, Lincoln Loud's best friend from The Loud House, A.J. and Sanjay, 2 of Timmy Turner's best friends from The Fairly OddParents, Irwin, Billy's best friend from The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy, Baljeet Tjinder, one of Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher's best friends from Phineas and Ferb and Remy Remington, Cricket Green's best friend from Big City Greens.

In my opinion, if Milhouse were African-American, he would be similar to Clyde McBride from The Loud House and Remy Remington from Big City Greens

Last edited:
Don't forget Gerald Johanssen, Arnold's best friend from Hey Arnold!, Clyde McBride, Lincoln Loud's best friend from The Loud House, A.J. and Sanjay, 2 of Timmy Turner's best friends from The Fairly OddParents, Irwin, Billy's best friend from The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy, Baljeet Tjinder, one of Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher's best friends from Phineas and Ferb and Remy Remington, Cricket Green's best friend from Big City Greens.

In my opinion, if Milhouse were African-American, he would be similar to Clyde McBride from The Loud House and Remy Remington from Big City Greens
I only knew about Gerald, and Timmy Turner. Also Vince from Recess. Also don't think it would have been named Milhouse.

Back