iconic album club

friendswithsalad

direct floor engagement
i hope this doesn't step on that other thread's toes too much and if it does we can delay it for now but thought i'd get the ball rolling.
i have been really enjoying this blog lately: http://ramalbumclub.com/ and thought i might be able to use it as inspiration for a thread

but i'm lazy (and tbf to me, busy) and rather than make it a weekly thing where i'd have to write loads, i thought we could do it like this:

1. people express an interest in this by PMing me a longlist of atleast 5 and no more than 10 iconic albums or artists that they have never listened to. if people need a starting point, look through the list in this thread for ones you've missed out on: http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?109470-The-NHC-s-Top-100-Albums-(2015-Thread)

2. i will reply with a shortlist of 3 of those albums for the user to pick from.

3. once this user has selected their album, they then listen to the album atleast 3 times and fill in this basic template with words:

1. Top 3 albums ever?
2. What the critics thought of [album title]
3. Why haven’t you listened to it before?
4. You’ve now listened to it, at least 3 times, what do you think?
5. Would you listen to it again?
6. Mark out of 10?

4. they then send it to me whenever they're done writing their piece.

5. i will post them up as i get them back (probably with a minimum of a day or so breathing space) and we can all have a read and reply with our own thoughts

basically, i set you a bit of homework and hopefully we get some GOOD CONTENT

ok though I'd be hard pressed to find an album thats 'iconic' that I still haven't listened to and won't immediately dismiss

This sounds like fun. I'm definitely in.

Thanks for linking that blog, [MENTION=26950]steamed_hamms[/MENTION]. It's made for a really interesting read so far.

been meaning to cover more territory in the realm of classic records lately, so this will be helpful

will send list tonight

definitely not too late

also, had a thought last night, might be good to include a link to a youtube video of a track from the album at the end of your review

[MENTION=26950]steamed_hamms[/MENTION] I'd also like in on this. I know I'm not one to often take part in a lot of NHC music stuff but I'm bored and figured this might be something sorta worthwhile joining in on.

Back