i think the best three television shows of all time are the following:

friendswithsalad

direct floor engagement
1) classic simpsons
2) the twilight zone
3) the original looney tunes shorts

they are all influential, perfectly crafted, accessible, have a specific voice and are extremely entertaining.

for me, it's probably always going to be:

1. the simpsons
2. seinfeld
3. twin peaks

twilight zone is top five. also, the original looney tunes shorts were theatrical releases.

3. The X-Files
2. Moral Orel
1. Oz

There are the shows I most am in love with, although Father Ted comes just right after. There's so much great television out there.

also, the original looney tunes shorts were theatrical releases.

never think of them this way because i've always been exposed to them via children's television but yeah, fair enough! i'm still including them for that reason.

1. Simpsons (Classic)
2. Futurama
3. MST3K or Scrubs? (Not much of a TV person)
All are fantastic comedies.

The Twilight Zone is top 5, a classic of sci-fi/drama with incredibly interesting premises.

1. The Simpsons
2. Downton Abbey
3. Not really sure here. Maybe Magic City or Red Oaks.

If mini-series count...

1. Roots (2016)
2. Mars
3. Hatfields & McCoys

1. Friends
2. The Simpsons
3. Modern Family

Yes, they're all comedies. It's a matter of taste and I'm preferable to sitcoms.

^Friends :heart: Can put that as an "honorable mention" as my ultimate comfort show.

1. The Simpsons
2. Lost
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion

I can choose these based on the fact that these are the only three shows that I've engaged in "fandom" of. I've posted in forums for these shows, discussed them at length, and know more trivia about them than I do for any others.

Honorable mention: Breaking Bad

Friends honestly helped to mold me as a person - very influential in how I handle life and how I see myself.

I completely forgot about That 70s Show (another sitcom). That gets an honorable mention by itself

I'm not sure if Downton Abbey, Red Oaks, Magic City, Roots, Mars, or Hatfieds and McCoys have any "fandom"s, particularly since two of those are historical fiction. "Fandom" is kind of a term I associate more with younger targeted stuff, and The Simpsons is my only real "younger targeted" show on that list.

I did get into a Downton Abbey "fandom"-esque discussion at a World Market, though. There was a wine tasting party and I tasted the Downton Abbey Wine.

1. Simpsons (classic)
2. Seinfeld
3. Breaking Bad

Best animated, sitcom and drama. Honorable mention goes to Twilight Zone for anthology.

I don't think I ever saw that poster because I wasn't around to watch Friends when it was at its height of popularity. E4 repeated episodes so many times however that I was able to watch each ep at least 5 times over the years.

The Simpsons
Mad Men
Seinfeld

By bringing innovation, influence, consistency, performance, storytelling, and peak value into consideration, and a little weighing by gut, these are personally what I consider the best.

Back