I think that Disney prohibited the strangle scenes (Goodbye "Why you little!")

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
I think that those scenes where Homer strangles Bart are prohibited since The Simpsons is property of The Walt Disney Company. "Why you little!" now is "Why you nothing!", no more strangles. Now The Simpsons is less violent. And I don't refer to old seasons, now the Simpsons production and their writters stopped adding choke scenes in the new episodes because I think that's forbidden by Disney because it promotes domestic violence.

The-Simpsons-Homer-Choking-Bart-1.jpg

Why Disney, why?. R.I.P. choke scenes.

Last edited:
When was the last time this happened? there's a lot less physical violence on the show... emotional as well.

It does seem like that. I kind of miss the gag, but I guess it makes sense that Disney might forbid it because child-friendly and all that.

Considering that Disney allows Family Guy, I don't think that's the case. I reckon it's more like the prank calls to Moe where they ran out of ways to make it funny. By Love Is A Many Strangled Thing they had pushed it too far and made it more disturbing than was ever necessary. We always knew it wasn't right, it's meant to be a scathing satire on American parenting techniques.

Funny, because I swear that this joke originated from The Little Mermaid when human! Ursula strangles a bird during the wedding.

Well, it's official: Homer will no longer strangle Bart anymore in The Simpsons. In the episode "McMansion & Wife", Homer say: "Just kidding. I don't do that anymore. Times have changed".

I honestly never liked the choking gag to begin with since the very idea that Homer uses physical absue as a means of punishment automatically makes him a bad parent in my book. And this just doesnt rhyme well with the over all "Homer actually loves his kids after all" message that the show has always intended to show. I get that Im the US "spanking" is actually legal (any form of physical punishment of children has been illegal here in Sweden since the 1970's) but I dont care, as far as I'm concerned disciplining your child with physical pain is just as bad as a man "correcting" his wife in the same way, ur just as bad as a person walking up to a random stranger and hitting him for that matter.

With that said, what the hell is even the point of correcting that mistake now? The older episodes are still out there, and the new ones will never ever measure up to them in popularity. At this point trying to make any aspect of the show progress along with society just feels useless. I mean what will it actually accomplish?

Well, it's official: Homer will no longer strangle Bart anymore in The Simpsons. In the episode "McMansion & Wife", Homer say: "Just kidding. I don't do that anymore. Times have changed".
I think you missed a lot of news from the past week. But strangling Bart is back on, according to Jim Brooks

Personally, I never minded the strangling gag. I mean, sure it would be terrible in real life, but this is a cartoon we’re talking about. As another user suggested, it’s meant to be a satire of American parenting techniques. It’s not like I’ll really miss the gag or anything, but removing it from the show feels a little unnecessary in the same way that getting rid of Apu did.

Back