I think that Disney prohibited the strangle scenes (Goodbye "Why you little!")

I think that those scenes where Homer strangles Bart are prohibited since The Simpsons is property of The Walt Disney Company. "Why you little!" now is "Why you nothing!", no more strangles. Now The Simpsons is less violent. And I don't refer to old seasons, now the Simpsons production and their writters stopped adding choke scenes in the new episodes because I think that's forbidden by Disney because it promotes domestic violence.

The-Simpsons-Homer-Choking-Bart-1.jpg

Why Disney, why?. R.I.P. choke scenes.

Last edited:

Frankbags

Pin Pal
When was the last time this happened? there's a lot less physical violence on the show... emotional as well.

Financial Panther

[Thunderclaps continue]
Staff member
It does seem like that. I kind of miss the gag, but I guess it makes sense that Disney might forbid it because child-friendly and all that.

Men Behind The Sun Tzu

The Way We Wolfn't
Considering that Disney allows Family Guy, I don't think that's the case. I reckon it's more like the prank calls to Moe where they ran out of ways to make it funny. By Love Is A Many Strangled Thing they had pushed it too far and made it more disturbing than was ever necessary. We always knew it wasn't right, it's meant to be a scathing satire on American parenting techniques.

Tilly

Truly Outrageous !
Funny, because I swear that this joke originated from The Little Mermaid when human! Ursula strangles a bird during the wedding.