Hurt and Heal Tournament: Animated FOX Shows

Makes me honestly wonder which episodes you watched and what age demographic you'd consider yourself in.

The one with the health inspector I saw all the way through. Then I saw two other episodes but they bored me SO bad that I couldn't get through it all and can barely remember it. I just pass up this show until the new American Dad airs. I'd consider myself in the 18-22yo demographic I guess.

shoz999 said:
Of course The Simpsons is going to win in a Simpsons-based forum.

Not if I have any say about it. I love classic Simpsons but Futurama is consistently good nowadays (with a few stinkers here and there) where as Simpsons is consistently bad nowadays (with a few gems here and there, especially this season).

The one with the health inspector I saw all the way through. Then I saw two other episodes but they bored me SO bad that I couldn't get through it all and can barely remember it. I just pass up this show until the new American Dad airs. I'd consider myself in the 18-22yo demographic I guess.

Not if I have any say about it. I love classic Simpsons but Futurama is consistently good nowadays (with a few stinkers here and there) where as Simpsons is consistently bad nowadays (with a few gems here and there, especially this season).

Sometime, you should sit down on a nice day where you need to chill for a bit and try watching Bob's Burgers, an episode you may not have seen before. It has odd humor, but you can put it behind you and really connect with the characters. If not, then it's just your taste.

Let me rephrase this. Of course The Simpsons, combined with both classics and moderns, is going to win in a Simpsons-based forum. Now if it was, Of Course The Modern Simpsons would win, their's a chance it would lose. However a Simpsons, of classic and modern, that appeals to most of the audience is almost as strong as classic alone.

Sometime, you should sit down on a nice day where you need to chill for a bit and try watching Bob's Burgers, an episode you may not have seen before. It has odd humor, but you can put it behind you and really connect with the characters. If not, then it's just your taste.

Yes it's my taste just don't see the appeal. Wasn't trying to offend anybody. I personally just don't care for this show. If you do, cool! I'm more of an Archer dude myself! :P

Yes it's my taste just don't see the appeal. Wasn't trying to offend anybody. I personally just don't care for this show. If you do, cool! I'm more of an Archer dude myself! :P

Oh hell yeah, I love Archer! That's one of the few current animated series that I can choose over Bob's Burgers. I love both of the shows, but Archer is just a slight bit better.

The Simpsons [15] -2
Futurama [15] +1

Flame, yes flame me No Homers. Let the hate flow through you. I feed on your rage.

Simpsons has about 200 great episodes in the series that are emotional and comical with about 300 episodes in the series that range from meh to abominable. Futurama has in its 127 episode run about 10-13 episodes that could be considered weak and mediocre, so as a whole Futurama should win, but the Simpsons has had alot more development, alot more great episodes, and has shown and used all its potential to the fullest and well. So all and all, the Simpsons deserves to be the best Fox cartoon for doing the most with their characters and being the show to start all the other cartoons with adult humor and its colorfulness, but I prefer Futurama right now for still doing great episodes and its great stories, so may you all kill yourselves in the fight for best Matt Groening show.

The Simpsons [19] +1
Futurama [7] -2

Simpsons season 1-7 was still the best animated thing on anything ever. (well besides that, but that's a story for another thread.)

I don't believe I have voted for the last couple of days, so I'll vote now.
The Simpsons [14] -2
Futurama [8] +1

Final List:

1. The Simpsons
2. Futurama
3. King of the Hill
4. Bob's Burgers
5. The Critic
6. American Dad!
7. The PJs
8. Sit Down, Shut Up
9. Napoleon Dynamite
10. Family Guy
11. The Cleveland Show
12. Allen Gregory

THE WINNER IS THE SIMPSONS!

But I feel we should consider Futurama the real winner here. Or if you're being fussy, King of the Hill.

1. The Simpsons
2. Futurama
3. King of the Hill
4. Bob's Burgers
5. The Critic
6. American Dad!
7. The PJs
8. Sit Down, Shut Up
9. Napoleon Dynamite
10. Family Guy
11. The Cleveland Show
12. Allen Gregory

Pretty much what I had in mind. Probably would've put Family Guy at least above Napoleon and Shut Up for at least starting off pretty good. Other than that, pretty good list, nice to see both Matt Groening shows on the very top with Simpsons obviously winning.

Sit Down Shut Up should be just under Family Guy.

Also current Futurama > Current Simpsons

But this is a Simpsons forum so I don't blame you guys. Would have loved for BB or KOTH to win though.

Back