How Would You Rate "The Bart Wants What it Wants" (DABF06)?

How would you rate "The Bart Wants What it Wants"?

• That was awful, eh?

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Eh.. Meh.

Votes: 30 15.3%
  • Not bad. Not great. Okay, I guess. Eh.

Votes: 76 38.8%
  • Very good. EH?

Votes: 56 28.6%
  • That was EXCELLENT, eh?

Votes: 26 13.3%

• Total voters

Tomacco

Mod, eh?
Well Canada, it's finally airing tonight!

Come back here after the episode airs to review "The Bart Wants What it Wants". Here's an episode description:

Reese Witherspoon and Wolfgang Puck are guest voices as Bart and Milhouse fight over a girl. The object of their affection---and altercation---is Greta Wolfcastle (Witherspoon), the daughter of action-film star Rainier Wolfcastle. After Bart and his slingshot rescue her backpack from bullies, Greta is immediately smitten. But her crush is unrequited, and the oblivious Bart blows off a date with her in order to harass Principal Skinner at his stand-up comedy debut. Clued to Greta's feelings, Bart breaks off the relationship---until Milhouse steps in. It's only then, in the name of love, that Bart asks his parents' help to win Greta back by following her to her dad's film set...in Toronto.

I've already seen parts of this episode, and EVERYTHING I've seen has been hilarious, so the rest of this episode would have to be the absolute worst Simpsons stuff ever to make this a remotely bad episode.

Last edited:
I'm watching the episode right now and they didn't go to Canada... what up with this? The episode i'm getting is where this girl likes Bart... can anybody tell me whats going on? i was expecting the simpsons to go to canada

Nasty_b said:
I'm watching the episode right now and they didn't go to Canada... what up with this? The episode i'm getting is where this girl likes Bart... can anybody tell me whats going on? i was expecting the simpsons to go to canada

I think they are leaving for Canada in the 3rd scene.

im watching it right now
i feel really bad for greta. she's cool. does reese witherspoon do her voice.
im surprised a girl likes bart. my spanish teacher called him ugly. how can he be ugly if he's a cartoon character?
any way. its a good episode

heh .. i didn't find it all that good since they were only in canada for like 10 mins... i was expecting alot more from this episode. But the canada scenes WERE funny though. I give this a 3/5

i forgot to mention that i'm canadian and i would have appreciated that they would have been in toronto for atleast 2/3 of the show

<slap> Monkeys point.
Homer: Monkeys cry.

3/5. It had its moments, though the dialogue was pretty weak in places.

It was by far the best episode of the season, and one of my favorites. It seemed so original, just like the old, glory days. Everything in it was great. Wolfcastle was hilarious everytime he spoke, Nelson beating up the butler was classic, and making fun of the Canadian basketball team, great! 5/5!!

Ugh! I knew this would happen! The media would pump up the Canada stuff and it would only end up being about 5 minutes long! I predicted it, and warned everyone, and I don't think people should review the episode based on how much or how little Canada stuff was in it, but rather on the episode itself, for what it was.
I hafta watch it again. It's somewhere from 4-5 /5 for me.

I gave it a three as well. It felt like another one of those bunch of jokes wrapped around some slow moving, and rather stupid plot. Some of the jokes had me laughing a bit though, especially good ol' wolfgang puck's batman pizzas.

Just like Tomacco, I knew that very little would be shown of Toronto. No one listened to me though. This was EASILY worse than just about anything this season. Still better than Homer the Moe. Very few funny jokes.

D-

I must be crazy. Everyone hated "Jaws Wired Shut", and I loved it. I thought this episode was okay at best, but I'm sure that it will be 5/5 on everybody's lists.

Overall, it just wasn't that funny. It had good parts, a strong plot, but the humor was pretty much non-existant.

Tomacco said:
Ugh! I knew this would happen! The media would pump up the Canada stuff and it would only end up being about 5 minutes long! I predicted it, and warned everyone, and I don't think people should review the episode based on how much or how little Canada stuff was in it, but rather on the episode itself, for what it was.
I hafta watch it again. It's somewhere from 4-5 /5 for me.

You're right on that, but i still give it a 3... i only liked when they made fun of us, and a few other jokes in the begining... they could have made this ep way better

Reese Witherspoon wants you all to rate the episode "EXCELLENT."

reese.jpg

I thought the humor was actually very good in this episode, and the plot was the problem. I thought the story flow was choppy as hell.

This episode was decent. I expected more from the episode so I guess I'm a little let down. There were some great jokes but then there were some really stupid jokes. (I really hated Milhouse yelling Whassup) I have to say that it was a little above mediocre. I think the final joke bumped it up from a 3 to a 3.5. "Why do you suck?" Final Score: 3.5/5

I gave this episode a 3. I don't really have much to say about this one, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything great, just a very normal episode. There weren't too many LOL jokes, and almost every joke in the first act fell flat on its face, but it picked up with acts 2 and 3. Great knocks on Canada too!

I really didn't understand why they played the Seinfeld theme when principal Skinner was doing comedy.

A: Principal Skinner is not a good standup comedian like Seinfeld
B: Seinfeld featured very little of Jerry getting up on stage
C: Seinfeld is over...

Just seemed odd, since the joke they were hinting at didn't make any sense.

I liked Milhouse yelling Whassup! I think everyone's missing the point of it. I'd agree if Bart, Homer, LIsa, Greta, Wolfcastle, or ANY other character yelled it, but it's MILHOUSE! Milhouse is a dork and would completely do something like that.

Reese Witherspoon did an excellent job as voice, there were several laugh-out loud lines, and a fairly good story. But, this show was ruined by a choppy flow. It goes from the Olympic torch to the private school to Bart's romance to Principal Skinner's standup to Canada? It all seemed so rushed and forced, and there were several lines that fell flat, almost embarissingly so. Plus, Canada deserved an entire episode, not just a 3rd act. I voted "Not bad. Not great. Okay, I guess. Eh" -- the worst Al Jean episode this season in my opinion. 3/5 I'll have a more detailed review later.

Bart Wnats it wants and then some.

Tomacco said:
I thought the humor was actually very good in this episode, and the plot was the problem. I thought the story flow was choppy as hell.

I agree. There were some funny jokes, like how Homer made Flanders win the 100 dollar bill, but the most of the ep was kinda lame. Out of the three shows tonight, this was the least well-done, but it wasn't by no means terrible like anything from Seasons 10 and 11.

Grade: C+

Jake

BTW, Grades for:

King of the Hill: A- ... Had the funniest moment with Dale's lighting up with the Olympic torch.

Futurama: BEST OF THE NIGHT. Leela's past is finally revealed! Very moving but a bit anti-climatic. Grade: A

It had its moments.

Like the Candaian Olympic basketball team, heh heh heh.

The relationship really didn't take off into any good jokes. I thought the Canada scenes saved the show.

WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!

PUH-LEAZE! That was the worst Simpsons episode I have ever seen. NO funny jokes whatsoever! The Canadian references were stupid, stereotypical, and unfunny! Why does New York get such a great episode and we get the crap?

Actually I really liked this one. I don't have a whole lot to say except the ending didn't seem to sudden, there were alot of great jokes, and all the McBain(spelling?) stuff was fantastic.

I especially liked Moe's impersonasion of McCaulie Culkin.

Grade: A-

Another thing I loved about this episode was ALL the characters were the way they should be. ALL OF THEM! Homer was excellent, Bart and Milhouse were exactly as they should be, Wolfcastle was good, Lenny and Carl were right on, etc etc etc..
Also, there was no un-Simpsons-like dirty humor, no over-cartoony crap, no ruining characters with gay references or anything, and overall the humor and certain parts of the episode felt very old-school. Plus, tell me you didn't find the bumpercars scene funny? I laughed as soon as I saw Bart was riding a Mercedes car.

PUH-LEAZE! That was the worst Simpsons episode I have ever seen. NO funny jokes whatsoever! The Canadian references were stupid, stereotypical, and unfunny! Why does New York get such a great episode and we get the crap?

Example #1 of a Canadian expecting an all-Canada episode, and being disappointed. A seemingly sensitive one too.

Last edited:
It was alright, I guess. No joke was really hilarious, but they weren't bad, either. Like Tomacco said, the jokes weren't really over-the-top or sick. I gave it 3/5, but it MIGHT be a 4/5, I'm not sure.

Did anyone notice that Smithers was at a table with another guy at Skinner's stand-up?

Back