How Would You Rate "Little Girl in the Big Ten" (DABF15)

How would you rate DABF15

• 5/5 "Contagious? Outrageous!"

Votes: 116 47.2%
  • 4/5 "Charish these moments, Homer."

Votes: 80 32.5%
  • 3/5 "Mosquiter bites are good luck!"

Votes: 25 10.2%
  • 2/5 "Rude, full-scaled joke."

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • 1/5 "Who wants to put on a leotard and get screamed at?"

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters

Wang

Junior Camper
Vote and post your thoughts after the episode airs or even before for some of you lucky people :)

I give it a 5/5. I felt it was the best episode so far this season. I won't say anything else so that I won't give away any spoilers. I'll post my detailed review after the episode airs. :)

I'll leave this thread open this week because I know there are a fair amount of people around here who have seen the episode already.

My rating: 5/5

My full review here:
www.thespringfieldshopper.com/reviewdabf15.htm

Guide page link below:
miniLITTLEGIRLBIGTEN.gif

www.thespringfieldshopper.com/guidedabf15.htm

Where do you guys see the episodes so early.. here its not on for 6 more hours???

I've seen enough of Jonah's spoilers to know that this episode looks like possibly the best episode in three years. I haven't seen so many positive reviews on this board ever.

*crossing fingers*

You guys are really giving some hype to the episode for me and maybe some others. I don't know if that's a good thing of course.

Hope I won't be let down.

Folks, no more talk about hype in this thread. There are already two threads about hype. Keep it strictly to reviews. If you haven't seen it, don't post here. These threads get cluttered enough as it is.

Non-Spoiler: I loved this episode. It had a realistic plot. While not full of jokes it is still very funny because most of the jokes worked. It had jokes that only big fans would know and some anybody would laugh at. It made fun of some good things too.

I'll put up a full one after it airs.

It is a very well done episode. Even though Tomacco's page is already up, I won't give away any more spoilers than have already been given. But I will say that this is the most well-done episode animation wise I have seen since Season 8. The colors seem more appropriate throughout the episode and the animation itself has a certain flow that reminds me of Season 7 and 8, it is not as bland as it has been for the past several seasons. Plus the shadows are used more throughout and seem more appropriate with the lighting. The camera angles are also very different from most of this season, adding more feeling and emotion to the episode. This episode has the best directorial production I have seen in years. The stories are also very well written and tie together in a clever fashion. Grade: A and for reference sake, here is my current top five:

1. Little Girl in the Big Ten
2. Weekend at Burnsies
3. Half-Decent Proposal
4. I Am Furious (Yellow)
5. A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love

tomacco, does this episode have enough power to get a Season 13 episode on the top 30 list on your site?

Unfortunately, no, it doesn't. "Trilogy of Error", "Behind the Laughter", and "HOMR" still rank above this episode in the past 3 seasons. Plus, this episode itself isn't INCREDIBLE! It's just really good because it feels more like an old episode. It would be like an average episode from season 7 or so.

Last edited:
wow... a 7 to 1 ratio of 5/5 to 4/5.

i've been very easy on this season so far, so i am gonna go a little tougher on this episode for hype.

This episode is easily better written than the whacky as hell "HOMR" and the overrated "Behind the Laughter." As good as Trilogy of Error from a non-gimmicky stand point. Incredibly well written, but wacky.

This is the best "normal" episode since Lisa's Sax in season 9. No gimmick. Just great writing, great characterizations of Homer, the school children, and the family.

Best moment in last few seasons was Willie moment in the third act. Simply hilarious and brilliantly written.

Easy 5/5

The three episodes I've legitimately enjoyed this year:

Little Girl in the Big Ten
Half-Decent Proposal
Weekend at Burnsies (first two acts)

Last edited:
What can I say? It's good, it's real good. Believe the hype.

5/5

Great episode! The Simpsons definitely still have it, that's THREE good eps in a row, plus others!

4/5

Fave quote from ep:

'Look, it's Lisa, and she's winning us back!'

I agree, but I think it was better than seasons 10-13. I don't know what it was, there wasn't even that much of an ongoing parody, and a few jokes fell flat (ending one wasn't so great -- overused, and Bart's fart), but it was the first one in a while that was "Laugh out Loud" funny.

I don't know why, but my favorite moment is probably Ralph saying nothing then rolling down the hill (self-parody) and Nelson's "What's a Million Times a Million" (great characterisation). Loved Lisa's bubble animation and 2001 music. Yummy.

To all the positive people who watched this episode in advance:
THANK YOU. YOU WERE RIGHT.
Sorry I had to use such big print, but I mean it. I have to go now, so I'll print a more detailed review later.

Well written plot, very down to earth, nothing annoying or crazy, all in all, a very well done episode! 4/5. I would have given it a 5/5 if it had been funnier.

At first, I didn't like Al Jean's episodes, but now that there has been 3 very good episodes in a row, I have a lot more faith in him. Keep it up, Al, and you'll gain my support.

Eh. Some pretty good jokes, like Bart as "The Sphere". I laughed enough times to warrant a 4/5. I think Lisa sold out to her principles by caving in, trying to appease the forces of mediocrity. She should have stuck to her guns instead of being immature just to be accepted. At least this episode made me think of things like that, I suppose that's something it has going for it. Best Lisa episode since Lisa the Skeptic (excepting her act of Trilogy.)

Great episode! 5/5!

It was tremendously hilarious, I laughed at almost every turn!
One thing bothers me though:
Hans Moleman is only 31. Oh well!

-Lance

Wow...by far the best episode in a while. Really dont know what to say...it pretty much adressed every complaint ive had about recent episodes. Bring back professor barney and homer at work and were set. I gave it 5/5 btw...solid episode all around.

5/5

Highlights for me were a Moleman appearence, Nelson running to laugh at Bart again, and 'The Sphere'. Will watch again when it comes up on the west cost.

Not only was it some of the best animation for OFF in a long time, I laughed the use of music in this episode. The recent seasons have been trying to incorperate music with medicore results, but I feel this episode really pulled it off.

Oh, and can anyone get me a Frame Grab of the Mao-ist like painting of Krust in the Krustyco Sweatshop?

ughlu i feel lke harriet the spy

A great episode. My favorite parts were the Kennedy hallucination (er..uh wrote it, er..uh heaven)
Making the krustysaurus's (fast hands means less whippings, Force your daughter to work day)
and all the Homer parts (and that's called parenting, I'm going to Moes). Too many other ones to explain.

Ok this was definately a nice episode. The animation was lovely and the storyline flowed and was interesting and believable. There wern't alot of laugh out loud jokes and I was expecting Lisa to be accpeted by the college girls again by the end of the episode which didnt happen so I was dissapointed by that. This episode showed no signs of jerkass Homer though which was really good and everybody seemed to be in character. Oh yeah Ralph's lines still suck! He was overused and his last line about Lisa winning them back was stupid.
7/10... 3 in a row I think the Simpsons might have finally found their mark for the Al Jean era, the episodes seem to be extremely consistent lately

Back