How Would You Rate "Blame it On Lisa" (DABF10)?

How would you rate "Blame it on Lisa"?

• 5/5 - Woo-hoo!

Votes: 51 23.1%
  • 4/5 - Very Good!

Votes: 66 29.9%
  • 3/5 - M-E-H. Meh.

Votes: 62 28.1%
  • 2/5 - Not Very Good.

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 1/5 - That Suck-diddily-ucked!

Votes: 17 7.7%

• Total voters

Tomacco

Mod, eh?
Once you've seen the episode, let us know what you thought of it. I hope it's a good one! :)

possibly the best episode this season. making fun of linsday nagle was great, the making fun of telemarketers(ima telemarketer so i know what its like) then the wires(ill try the red one, then the green, hm, the red again, ok, both, ok now the red) then this dumbass little mexican kid danicng around and the attacking monkeys(i am like sugar to them!!) bart talking of being on every conitinent, then homer with "the simposn are going to anarctica....next year, this year brazil". bart learnign then screaming in spanish then hitting himself with the phone. THE CHIRST STATUE FROM THE SOULFLY CD!!!! the jokes on the ariplane!! the skittles, the mini bar hat, the conga song. "try looking for him?" the american shirt. ew, homers ass. "yeah but yer on vacation, im not wearing my wedding ring". makign fun of the passion all brazilians have(the kids show was great). "take that bag off yer head" "no it smells like cinamon". moe and homer needing 50 grand then asking ned for 100 grand. "go suck a bible". "i dunno my family has been seeing my alive for free for quite a while now" the joke about about the state. the music box in the gondola. the kidnapping scrap book!!! "our money sure is gay" bart in the snake. great stuff. a++++ episode

Last edited:
THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!! THAT'S HOW I LIKE MY VACATION EPISODES!!
With a point, a ton of laughs, and good pacing!
Either 4.5/5, or 5/5. Havn't decided yet, but I voted 5 in the poll.
Full review soon!

It had a good beginning. It was nice to see Itchy and Scratchy. I didn't like the joke about the state they live in and I don't like how they are ending every episode with dancing.

I give it a 4/5, Very good. Best episode of the season.

The Bart in the snake was okay, cuz they've had snake jokes like that before (Lumpy, the school snake), so I'm used to that. And this was one of the first times I've liked the Springfield state joke, because it was more personal for the fans, cuz Lisa says "If you follow the clues, you can figure it out."

But man, they made Brazil look bad. Hehehe, still HILARIOUS episode!

I like the preview of next week's episode too, where Homer recalls himself as a teen hiding weed in his underwear, and the drug-seeking dog smells it and bites his crotch. Hehehe.

Nice episode, but I really hope people don't actually consider the whole location thing as any sort of hint that they live in a real place. This episode gets an A: 4-5/5.

Wow, at least it wasn't as bad as futurama... I probably wouldn't have known any of the landmarks they pointed out had it not been for the Amazing Race!

Ehh . . . I still don't know quite what to think about this episode. It had its moments, good and bad, but it all seemed so rushed I don't quite know if I truly liked it or not. The telephone company thing was good, the blue-green wiring, the comment about how gay their money was. The ending. . . sorta sucked in my opinion. Bart in the middle of a snake is not what I call a good ending. I'm watching Greg the Bunny right now and -- yes, it sucks. Futurama was pretty good tonight, I give it a B+. King of the Hill was excellent, I give it an A. I'm gonna watch The Simpsons again and then I'll have a review ready.

EDIT: Oh, and the previews for next week's episode looked hilarious. Plus -- PHISH!

Futurama and King of the Hill were both also very good tonight! Overall, this was probably the best Sunday of cartoons this season.

i missed the first act. was it good? the rest was great though.

The best part of this episode was the first segment, before they even left. Bart crossing his fingers hoping aloud for a wacky scheme was priceless. I did like them taking a swipe at "Malcolm in the Middle" at the end, parents of child stars pretty much do steal all the money.

Overall, being in Brazil just didn't have much of a payoff. The sexy kids show jokes all flopped in my opinion, so did the Carnivale jokes. Tokyo and Africa will remain my favorite "The Simpsons are going to ______" episodes.

Splashmore said:
Good episode! I happen to like the Brazilian Children's shows.

I agree. :drool: :drool: :D
That episode was extrememly hilarious. It was Scully-esque in the fact that it was crazy,But it was controlled craziness and it had a Unexpected ending like the recent episdoe with Hamlet, Homer's Oddesy, and Joan of Ark. (I can't think of the title) Don't be sad! It's Carn-i-val! Very good subtle Jokes like the Rio De-jen-Innero, and the soccer. I think the downfall of the episode was Lindsay Neagle. Although I am glad that she didn't have another appearance with out making fun of her usage. "Why do you keep switching Jobs?" "I'm a sexual predator." :lol: Pretty good joke.

A truly hilarious episode, full of great set pieces, references, in-jokes, parodies, satire, and gags from beginning to end. The only real problem of the episode was perhaps Homer was a bit Scullyish (not to a huge extent, but to a medium extent) and the plot got a bit wacky. There also was too much meta-humor, the most this season there's been.

Seemed like this episode was half-thought up and half exicuted, making it 1/4 of an episode. Gotta love what Marge says after the girl with the big boobies, "At least Birt and Earnie made you imagine it."

Grade: 3/C

Zjraus said:
Don't want to take this too far off topic, but I liked King Of The Hill tonight too. :)

The "Placebo" thing was classic -- hahaha I laughed for like 5 minutes.

I dunno about this one. It was definitely better than Simpson Safari, but I didn't like the kidnapping plot. I just find it annoying how the writers take serious situations and make it silly and unrealistic as a "joke" (one of the reasons I hated It's a Mad Mad Mad Marge). There were some good jokes about Brazil, like the kid's show, but I didn't like the episode much. I'll probably have to watch it again.

:shocked:

Wow...this isn't the response I expected!

Perhaps I'm too unfamiliar with Brazilian culture to understand some of the jokes, but this episode was a poor representation of Season 13. I sadly missed the first act, but in the following two, most of the jokes didn't seem funny.

It seemed that OFF pointed to something in Brazil, and said "Take notice of that-It's funny!" An out-of-character Marge and Bart only dragged this episode even lower. Marge was peculiar, and Bart suddenly acted like he was 14, instead of 10.

Throw in a wacky, Scullyish Homer subplot, and you have yourself one very below average episode.

1.5/5. Third worst episode of the season, in front of "Homer the Moe" (1/5) and "The Blunder Years" (0/5)

Oh yeah, that soccer bit was hilarious! They really touched on SO many things in this episode. It was so nice to see a vacation episode with some kind of story, and a huge amount of laughs. This one's right up there with "30 Minutes Over Tokyo" and "Bart vs Australia". The last two trip episodes were awful, and this one proved that vacation eps can still be great. (The last two being "Simpson Safari" AKA the worst episode ever, and "Kill the Alligator and Run", one of the worst ever).
Plus, I thought all the meta-humor in this episode worked, unlike lots in past episodes that didn't.

And check out those poll results! Even all around.
I was expecting a better response, because everyone liked "30 Minutes Over Tokyo", and I found that this ep was similar.

Simpsons: While the concept of going on vacation has been used to death over the years, it has proven both good (Austraila) and bad (Africa). Tonight's episode was somewhere in the middle.

Nearly everything clicked, with a few dumb parts, like Homer being electrocuted, but overall, I'd say it is the third best of the season. Only She of Little Faith and The Old Man and the Key were better!

Grade: A- (4/5)

BTW, did you notice Maggie put her outfit on backwards?

Jake

BTW, grades for:

Futurama: B -- Kind of slow, but it was nice to see a show make fun of the 80's. Unlike that other Fox show...

King of the Hill: C+ -- This was probably the worst King of the Hill I've seen. Not funny, IMO.

Last edited:
This episode was okay... the plot was certainly in tact but I felt that many of the jokes were kinda flat. I laughed out loud a few times though, and I was especially in hysterics when Lindsey Naegle said she was a sexual predator - now THAT was funny! The "Tellyboobies" TV show was pretty wacky... yeah that's all I'm going to say about that. Overall it was pretty average for season 13... 3/5.

Back