How will the death of Queen Elizabeth II affect the Simpsons?

Cole Miner

Junior Camper
How will the death of Queen Elizabeth II affect the Simpsons? I don't expect them to stop making episodes temporarily or anything crazy, but ! Seeing how brands and everyone on social media is reacting to the news, I am expecting something from the Simpsons. Do you think they will make an episode tribute or a mean spirited joke about her? Maybe the Simpson family will revisit England and Homer will have to reflect on his behaviour towards the queen now that she is dead given Homer caused her pain and injury.

I don't think they'll do anything further than that one tweet Al Jean made. If they release an episode with some kind of joke/tribute included it would be end up being a few months too late given how long it takes to make these things.

there will be some late addition caption at the end of an episode this season.. then something in season 35 when it won't be current news anymore.

They'll probably dedicate a terrible episode in her memory. Just like they did with Elizabeth Taylor and Love is a Many-Strangled Thing.

somber couch gag where they run to the couch and find a portrait of the queen on top of it. the music stops as they all kneel in respect. the screen goes black and text saying "QUEEN ELIZABETH II 1926-2022" comes up. then there's a jarring cut back to the tv as the regular danny elfman score plays over the opening credits

the show will now be cancelled and it’s all your fault!!!!

they had already forgot but then selman saw this thread and he said that they are ending production because the simpsons was the queens favorite show!!&!&

now i’m gonna kill nyself

How will the death of Queen Elizabeth II affect the Simpsons? I don't expect them to stop making episodes temporarily or anything crazy, but ! Seeing how brands and everyone on social media is reacting to the news, I am expecting something from the Simpsons. Do you think they will make an episode tribute or a mean spirited joke about her? Maybe the Simpson family will revisit England and Homer will have to reflect on his behaviour towards the queen now that she is dead given Homer caused her pain and injury.
What do you mean? I dont think they planned the queen to appear in a episode, i think they will just put a tribute or somthing like that. on other shows showing the queen probably kill/remove that character

Probably will have a minor tribute in the credits of “Habeus Tortoise” later this month.

I don't see how something like the Queen dying would effect a show like The Simpsons in any way at all. Although there may be some small acknowledgment of it sometime this season. I don't see them dedicating an episode to her though, as none of the staff knew her personally and she never guest starred on the show (even though they tried to get her for 'The Regina Monologues').

Back