How many seasons do you own?

SchmatisfiedHomer

Tell Us What it Am
I have no clue if another topic like this has been made. But if not, here it is.

Title is clear and simple. How many Simpsons seasons do you own? I, for one, own every one of them. Although I was quite disappointed by Season 20. The box art was more impressive than most of the episodes. And the lack of commentary was a downer.

1-14 and 20. So, all of them.

However, I've had some for a while, and the discs are showing their wear. I still can't finish most Season 5 eps, which sucks!

1-11 and 14, though i am not in a rush to get the rest, just watching an episode a day instead of around 4 from the earlier seasons

I own seasons 1-8. One of these days I might get 9-11 and rip and compile the good episodes.

1-14, movie

I haven't bought season 20 because it seems like the cast and crew had no input and it was just FOX wanting more money. I assume they'll release it again sometime, except this time with commentaries and special features.

After season 10, I told myself that I wouldn't get any more seasons. Seasons 11 and 12 were both on sale during after Christmas sales for about $15 each though, I couldn't resist. Now, I just ask for the newest box set for Christmas because I can't think of anything better.

one to eight. eventually i want to collect up to twelve, but since they're so readily available, i've never been in a big rush

Currently 1 to 14; will definitely get 15. Have been thinking of getting the bare bones release of 20.

Currently 1 to 14; will definitely get 15. Have been thinking of getting the bare bones release of 20.
I'd only recommend getting it if you're not depending on commentaries and special features to make the season great. There were several good episodes, but many of them didn't seem to appeal to me. But that was just me, I guess you can do whatever you want.

I feel so inadequate! I only own seasons 1-9.
The ones after that I don't see myself wanting to watch over and over.

Which seasons would you all recommend I buy first between Seasons 10 to latest available.
also, is there really much difference when you get them on BluRay??

Depends on the TV size. On a TV less than 32" DVD's and Blu Ray look almost identical w/the BR have a tad bit crisper lines, but not worth the extra $$$. On larger sets, the BR of S13 and S14 look much better, but not as good as the movie on Blu Ray.

IMO, I almost wish they'd release the first 10 seasons on BR, bare bones, and I'd consider buying them over if the remastering of the original film elements was done well enough. I'd just keep my DVDs for the special features whenever I wanted to watch them.

Seasons 1-5, 7, 9, 20, and the movie.
I might get the others in time, but the later ones I'm gonna get when actually urged to.

Back