how many of the 1001 movies to see before you die have you seen

still doing this, but for some reason a cheech and chong movie being on this makes me laugh

yeah there are some wonky choices to be sure

73 (6%)

I'm not much of a movie watcher :-/ I would've done better on a list of books...

I got only 2% (18 films seen from the list.) I've seen portions and chunks of others, but it shows that I need to watch more movies.

132 of 1187 movies (11%)

I'm always trying to watch more though, so hopefully this number grows. This list served as a reminder for several films I've been meaning to see.

flicked thu this book last xmas and made a mental note to get around to watching a few i hadn't seen and heard so much good stuff about. trouble is stuff like "tokyo story" sounds so unrewarding, and such hard work

5%, and almost zero interest in seeing any of the ones i didn't click.

i was really surprised i had seen more than 100, actually. i guess i watch more movies then i thought

460. The list is not complete, though. It should include the 12 films added in the latest edition. I've watched 5 of them.

128 (11%). There are some movies on this I wonder and say really. The Force Awakens? Only one classic Bond movie? No, The Longest Day or Tora, Tora, Tora? How about Grand Prix. Well there is a bunch of classic movie I need to watch. Most new movies not so much.

What? No Howard the Duck?

Last edited:
I've seen 140 from the updated list, which is only eight more than my previous post. Other than a couple of silent shorts I hadn't seen (The Great Train Robbery and The Smiling Madame Beudet), I think the increased number is largely from the films that weren't there before.

I've been wanting to put together a list of films to watch before the year is out though, and this has been helpful in constructing that list.

139 out of 1,187
(12%)

This is way lower than I'd like it to be. I'm planning to watch over 100 films in 2020, and there are a ton on that list that I was already planning to watch.

Back