How could this happen?

kconaway

How could this happen to such a good show? Besides the halloween episode which wasnt terrible, the 'real' episodes have been such. The jokes were forced, Homer is no longer cleverly stupid, he is stupidly stupid. Moving from lines like "trying is the first step towards failure" (brilliance) to acts like cutting his hand on a jukebox is just sad. This is not why I got Homer tattooed on my bicep. Think about it, almost every episode this season has a celebrity cameo, what does that say? Honestly if they are going to keep churning out episodes of this quality, I would much rather have them cancel the show (as horrible as that seems) than disgrace such a prestigious empire

How long are we all gonna beat this topic into the ground????

THE SHOW HAS GOTTEN WORSE! WE'VE KNOWN IT FOR YEARS! IT MAY NEVER GET BETTER! IT'S A SHAME! EVERYONE GET OVER IT!!

Sorry for screaming, but since this forum has opened, this topic has been discussed at least 15 times, not to mention the hundreds of times it has been discussed in the past. I think it's time everyone just accept it, and if it happens to improve, then HOORAY! That's great! But otherwise, move on.

sorry to beat a dead horse then, this is my first time here and i judt had to go off about it. in retrospect i should have forseen this, oh well.

:boring: ZZzzzZ :boring: ZZZZzzz :boring: ZZZzzzzzzZZZ :boring: Zzz....
Wha? Oh another " OMG. I Just realised The Simpsons " suck "! Time to bash the show " topic. People, accept it for what it is. You can only hope for the best. Ending the show will not solve its problems. Yeah, so it isn't like the earlier episodes... So what? The thing thats important right now is the fact that Mike Scully is out and legendary exec. producer Al Jean is in. And this guy knows the flaws of the show and he's gonna try to change it for the better.

an open post to all simpsons bashers

Okay folks im starting to wonder why i even joined this forum in the first place. I mean all most folks in here do is bash the show in 90 percent of the threads i have read. The simpsons has changed in quality a bit but I thought this forum was here to discuss the best loved episodes and so on and so forth..... evidently I was wrong. Some of you folks are not even ready to give the new season a fair chance before downing it with comments like "I dont even know why im gonna watch ot 2nite I know it s gonna suck". you are looking forward to the show being bad so you can have something to complain about in your next thread. I may be knew around here but I always say what i feel and bashing OFF 2 episodes into the new season is just not fair. I look forward to the new episodes and to sharing posts with all of you positive simpsons fans out there. thank you for your time and god bless OFF

Even thought the newest episodea aren't so good as the old ones, doesn't mean that The Simpsons is bad. Maybe some more Itchy & Scratchy cartoons on the show would change it. :lisa:

It's been said a million times, but it's still true: The quality of the show hasw declined. Everyone knows that. BUT it is still, far and away, the best show on television. Therefore I will continue to watch. The debate also raises the question if the writers are running out of ideas and resorting to tired premises, or are they dumbing the show down to appeal to a more mainstream audience? In which case, they are compromising the integrity of the show.

Gooogles

Has the quality slipped (yes, I agree somewhat) or are expectations higher? Look we are into the 13th season. We've seen so many great episodes that we come to expect greatness every episode. The percentage of great shows are varied season to season. I read the postings - one persons fave episode is another persons 'worst episodes ever'. I think this season is 2 for 3 on really good episodes and the 1 that didn't make it (parent trap) still made me laugh alot. It's still the best show on television. And YES more ITCHY & SCRATCHY!!!!

In response to your question about the writers reaching out to a more mainstream audience richiewhiteboy I would have 2 say that they are, but that is not necessarily a bad thing either. Without the mainstream crowd they are trying to reach and have reached do you really think the show could have survived 13 seasons? The answer is maybe but not definitely, the mainstream crowd is actually a hidden blessing I mean when have you ever seen so much merchandise for the show. It is because of the mainstream demand for it that it is out there and it is because of the mainstream audience the show is still on the air after 12 seasons. So if making homer just a little bit more moronic keeps the show on the air a bit longer I say thank god for the mainstream audience.

Plus complaining about going 'mainstream' is something I've only heard said by fans who want the show to be only for them, the supposed 'elite'. The rest of the viewers are people, too.

It's the truth mr broom and because of the mainstream the simpsons had a burger king toy so again i say god bless the mainstream

Back