Hooked Within How Long

What are some of your favourite shows that took you a short and/or a long time to become actively interested or hooked on.

Within twenty seconds of the first episode of "Arrested Development", they had me. The whole bit with Lucille's "look what the homosexuals have done to me" and "it just makes me want to set myself on fire" are just incredibly hilarious moments, and you are instantly thrown into the fast-paced world with hardly any time spent on set up whatsoever. It truly is one of the greatest TV pilots.

On the other hand, it took me a while to fully appreciate "The Venture Bros." and only now, upon re-watching the series, do I appreciate how good the earlier episodes are. I mean, I stuck with the show because I enjoyed it, but I didn't truly see how great it was until mid-season 2 and my appreciation just continued from then on.

Last edited:
I treat most shows like the NFL,.. skip the whole tedious mid season elimination process and just watch the tail end with the play-offs and Superbowl. It took me till season 5 of Game of Thrones to begin eagerly awaiting for each new episode. I knew it existed, Watched & enjoyed South Parks lengthy spoof without having a clear idea of what was being lampooned. My younger brother showed me a few eps he recorded form season 3, still didnt grab me.. but now I'm able to leech off my landlords HBO signal.. and that makes all the difference.

The whole while I heard complaints from fans about them eagerly awaiting the promised arrival of "Dragons".. and how pissed they were at being denied.. Looks like I came in just at the right time? I saw giants, zombies & dragons.. how cool is that?

Back