Holidays of Future Passed on the Season 16 Bluray

Haven't got it myself but I would assume it is.

Could someone who does have it check anyway? I didn't know that episode was on the season 16 box set, and I might get it for that sole reason.

Found the answer on a bluray forum topic. When discussing framing goofs in dvd releases someone wrote this :

The only DVD goof with framing that I recall was the season 16 bonus episode, Holidays of Future Passed, being cropped to 4:3 with the sides missing (this was an HD 16:9 episode. The blu-ray had the proper formatting.

So now I really would like the bluray for season 16. Trouble is it's nowhere online in the UK which is odd. I'll check in stores but doubt my luck.

Found the answer on a bluray forum topic. When discussing framing goofs in dvd releases someone wrote this :

The only DVD goof with framing that I recall was the season 16 bonus episode, Holidays of Future Passed, being cropped to 4:3 with the sides missing (this was an HD 16:9 episode. The blu-ray had the proper formatting.

So now I really would like the bluray for season 16. Trouble is it's nowhere online in the UK which is odd. I'll check in stores but doubt my luck.

Haha! That bluray forum post was me.

[MENTION=16469]Captain Squid[/MENTION], does the Blu-ray also lack the scene with ghost Maude like on the DVD?

I haven't really thought about that missing Maude scene (maybe because it was such a minor moment). Why did they take it out? Also, why even crop the HD bonus episodes on the DVD sets in the first place? Conformity due to the rest of the DVDs being in the 4:3 format or something?

[MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION], I think it might've had to do with how it was the punchline to Ned revealing that Homer accidentally killed Edna as well. Considering how Marcia Wallace had passed away a little less than two months prior, they probably thought it would've been disrespectful to keep it in. Either way, I never liked that scene so I don't miss it.

It's weird because the DVD menus themselves (and I believe the art galleries) are in 16:9 so the decision to make the episode 4:3 is confusing.

Disrespectful or not, I would like my sets not to have any censorship on them, please. All the sets before had the episodes left the way they first aired, I don't want that to change.

Back