Here's something I don't get (Sideshow Bob)

Drederick Tatum

Junior Camper
In what I believe was Sideshow Bob's second last "major" appearance on the show, his Brother Cecil invites him to work as Construction Superviser etc....this episode ends with Bart saving Bobs life, and Sideshow Bob pretty much being on even terms and good grouds with Bart and Lisa. Then in another episode, Sideshow Bob is out to kill Bart again (much to my surprise), by brainwashing him to kill Krusty or whatever...did I miss something? I know Sideshow Bob would have a hard time forgiving Bart, but they did give the impression he was cool with Bart after the Construction Superviser episode!!! Thoughts? Can some one please explain :)

I found that wierd too. I guessed that he hated Krusty so much he would do anything to kill him, but that doesn't explain Bob wondering why Bart didn't scream.

Well, I thought that because several people viewed this thread, but nobody replyed (until now), that it was a stupid question or an obvious answer. I just always wondered what the deal was!!!

Didn't the ep end with both Cecil and Bob getting arrested? I'm pretty sure of it. Remember how they fight over who has the top bunk in prison.

I found that episode (in which Bob hypnotizes Bart into killing Krusty) to be one of the worst episodes of the show because 1) it wasn't funny and 2) it didn't make sense. It contradicted the fact that Bob had made his peace with both Bart and Krusty in previous episodes. It seemed like a cheap excuse to bring him back, and while I adore Kelsey Grammer's portrayal of Bob Terwilliger, I wanted to see that episode be something else entirely. There was no real reason given for his return to villainy, Drederick Tatum. It's not an obvious answer. People don't have answers for you because there aren't any. It was just poor story writing, to my mind.

Mr. Broom said:
I found that episode (in which Bob hypnotizes Bart into killing Krusty) to be one of the worst episodes of the show because 1) it wasn't funny and 2) it didn't make sense. It contradicted the fact that Bob had made his peace with both Bart and Krusty in previous episodes. It seemed like a cheap excuse to bring him back, and while I adore Kelsey Grammer's portrayal of Bob Terwilliger, I wanted to see that episode be something else entirely. There was no real reason given for his return to villainy, Drederick Tatum. It's not an obvious answer. People don't have answers for you because there aren't any. It was just poor story writing, to my mind.

And in the end, he is about to be decapitated.

Centaur said:
Didn't the ep end with both Cecil and Bob getting arrested? I'm pretty sure of it. Remember how they fight over who has the top bunk in prison.
It sure did..... I didn't like Day of the Jackanapes(is that the correct name of the most recent Sideshow Bob episode?) either.

blockyourfather said:
It sure did..... I didn't like Day of the Jackanapes(is that the correct name of the most recent Sideshow Bob episode?) either.

In terms of episode quality, Day of the Jackanapes was a good s12 episode. However, for a Sideshow Bob episode, it was the least entertaining.

Agreed that it was poor continuity to bring him back still hating Bart, but I still thought as an individual episode if you didn't judge it for it's place in the "Bob hates Bart" thing, "Day of the Jackanapes", was well-done.

EXPLANATIONS:

I think he used Bart to kill Krusty because Bart never did anything to get Bob out of prison, after becoming friends.

Prison can really make someone go insane.

He wanted to kill Krusty for taping over the old episodes with Sideshow Bob, and decided to use Bart, because Krusty could trust Bart after all bart did to help Krusty.

Okay, they explain it all well and good, but the concept was still stupid. You can actually hear the writers saying, "How can we get Bob to hate Krusty again and get him back on the show?" "I know! We'll have Krusty tape over Bob's episodes!" <shakes head>

Back