Happy Birthday at 742 Evergreen Terrace

mr. broom

comes from circumstances
From the Unle John's Bathroom Reader Calendar:
Monday, December 17, 2001
In 1987, Fox TV approached Matt Groening about animating his comic strip, "Life in Hell." The catch: Fox demanded all marketing rights to the characters. Groening was already making a good living licensing the "Life in Hell" characters for calendars and T-shirts and didn't want to give it up... But rather than walk away from Fox's offer, he came up with another idea: a cartoon based on his real-life family--Homer and Marge Groening (his parents); Lisa and Maggie (his sisters); and an autobiographical character named Bart (an anagram of the word "brat"). Fox agreed to give it a try. After brief runs as part of The Tracy Ullman Show, The Simpsons debuted on this date in 1989.

That is so awesome. Sometimes i can't believe how long it's been on and that i've been watching it since it first started. I still look forward to it every week.

Thanks for reminding me! Once I remembered, I got out my season one dvd and watched Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire again as a tribute. Can't believe how well it holds up compared to newer episodes, either. :)

Happy Birthday, Simpsons! :marge: :bart: :lisa: :maggie:

I also pulled out the dvd's. I will be watching all the episodes from season 1 over the Christmas break. Season 1 episodes are some of the best shows ever in the history of television.

Man, it seems only yesterday i watched my very first episode ( season 2 ) :rolleyes Time sure flies by. Happy b-day!! :D

Also, I could be wrong but I think you'll find that it's Bart's birthday this coming Sunday (23rd).

FlandersEVIL said:
How old? 15? Speaking of the DVDs, how do you get to the commentary on specific episodes?

Go into the language section for the episode. Click the commentary. Your screen will then do something. After that, click resume episode. Voila. Commentary heaven.

Back