Ghost Busters reboot

o k

on topic: ghostbusters 2016. uh. well, the recently released pictures aren't getting me pumped. i feel in a way fairly indifferent about them. i'm a bit suspicious of feig's credentials, though. i know the guy can direct a funny movie, but his movies pretty much all look the same (point a camera at people doin' funny stuff) so i have to wonder if he'll be able to pull off something visually interesting too. it's sort of a dealbreaker if he can't.

lol the original was totally point the camera at funny people and not visually inventive at all unless you count what the special effects guys did. this movie will suck but mainly because it doesn't have funny people

not comparing it to the original though

maybe its a valid concern for both of them. idk. feigs movies all look very plain which may suit what he's trying to do for those but it isn't the best fit for this. i can see feig trying to one-up the first one with loads of visual stuff and hes done nothing to prove he can handle stuff like that

i haven't seen any of his stuff, but i hear he's horrible

when SPY came out recently, a lot of film critics i know WHO WEREN'T BEING PAID TO SEE IT went because they like melissa mccarthy for some reason, and they were all "she needs to work with a competent director". i think they're probably made for each other but w/e

wiig is possibly the worst comedienne i've ever seen. either her or amy poehler

fuck this cast

I Have Never Seen The NinteteenEightyFour Film Ghost Busters
Overall I Would Give The Film A Four Out Of Ten

haha that was my introduction to the FRANCHISE

it was earliest show on saturday morning and scared me

roll call: black guy, hispanic guy, wheelchair guy, goth chick, blonde egon

classic

just hope they use this occasion to bring back ecto cooler so i can finally try it and know what the fuss is about

Will this be R? Considering who the director is.

Now, I'm still wary about this movie, but I love Paul Feig's sense of humor. So maybe it will be good.

I gotta say though, the costumes look ugly as shit! :-/

Last edited:
In response to the new outfits, I think they're supposed to look bad. Like as a joke. At least, that's what I hope is going on.

original_zpsu6fvduoo.jpg

The uniforms are a bit lame. I wouldn't be surprised if those are the proto-versions that they wear early in the film before they hit it big or whatever. Maybe they'll eventually get better ones.

I do think the new Ecto-1 looks decent and respectable though. They could have made it super-sleek and modern but they didn't. I'm also happy that they are still using the logo instead of revamping it.

Back