General DVD discussion.

What if [MENTION=16469]Captain Squid[/MENTION] decides to upload his screeners to The Pirate Bay?

File name example: "The.Simpsons.Guy.2014.480p.DVDSCR.h264.ac3"

What if [MENTION=16469]Captain Squid[/MENTION] decides to upload his screeners to The Pirate Bay?

File name example: "The.Simpsons.Guy.2014.480p.DVDSCR.h264.ac3"

I'm certain the pirated copies are better than these. :P Before each ad break there is a message at the bottom of the screen asking for my consideration.

All this Simpsons back on DVD hoopla led me to buying the Season 20 blu-ray off eBay. Prices seemed to have gone up, but I managed to find it for a cool $15. My DVD copy is actually a bootleg, which still boggles my mind. A bare bones rushed release from ten years ago got a pretty high quality bootleg that replicates everything including the transparent case. However the ink the used STUNK, like a real strong inky smell, and the booklet was printed out of page order.

Having watched some Season 20 episodes on blu-ray last night, I was surprised by how good the season was. Gone Maggie Gone had some real laugh out loud moments including:

Nun: Why would you leave such a beautiful baby on our doorstep?
Homer: Because she was fighting my dog and stealing my poison. Now give her back so I can take her home to my rat-infested house.

Homer: (IN LOW VOICE) Cool it. She's getting suspicious.
Homer's Hand: You cool it! I'm hungry!

Also the sign gag:
mSHi8.jpg

Also, Skinner and Comic Book Guy made a great team.

I am missing disc 2 of my season 3 set. Does anyone know of any path I can take to try to get it replaced? It bothers the gel out of me and as it screws with my complete collection.

So I guess no word at this year's virtual comic con of season 20's re-release with commentaries, bonus content, etc.? That's usually the time they announce a new season dvd. The zoom panel was pretty lackluster even for new information on the upcoming season. Jim Brooks was hyping something big and upcoming for The Simpsons about a month back on twitter. Figured we might hear a teasing inkling of the supposed movie sequel or perhaps a reveal of a new game with IGN's interview. Nothing though.

I am missing disc 2 of my season 3 set. Does anyone know of any path I can take to try to get it replaced? It bothers the gel out of me and as it screws with my complete collection.

Search ebay for "replacement disc". People will often sell single discs that come from sets.

In fact, I just found one. Title is: "THE SIMPSONS - SEASON 3 DISC 2 REPLACEMENT DVD DISC ONLY". Go find it!

Search ebay for "replacement disc". People will often sell single discs that come from sets.

In fact, I just found one. Title is: "THE SIMPSONS - SEASON 3 DISC 2 REPLACEMENT DVD DISC ONLY". Go find it!

You ROCK. Just found this exact listing and ordered! For a little under 6 dollars my sanity will finally be restored.

So I guess no word at this year's virtual comic con of season 20's re-release with commentaries, bonus content, etc.? That's usually the time they announce a new season dvd. The zoom panel was pretty lackluster even for new information on the upcoming season. Jim Brooks was hyping something big and upcoming for The Simpsons about a month back on twitter. Figured we might hear a teasing inkling of the supposed movie sequel or perhaps a reveal of a new game with IGN's interview. Nothing though.

Absolutely nothing. This years panel was not one of the best, and didn't give us a lot of info anyway.

Well, we're most likely going to have to wait until 2021, because we need both a Season 19 rerelease and a Season 20 one: though S20 needs to be rereleased quicker than 19.

Why would they re-release 19? I doubt they would bother with a season that didn't come out on DVD that long ago.

If you're referring to the sparse bonus features, they've been declining for a while. After season 15 they stopped including commercials (and already the fourteenth didn't have any) and if they re-released 20 it would likely still not be much to write home about.

Season 19 and 20 didn't include deleted scenes, something that has been included since Season 3. Season 19 I think can live without a re-release for 10 years, but not any longer because apart from the commentary and menu it felt rushed. Season 20 felt like a even more rushed version, and should be remade

I'm satisfied if season 20 has commentaries even if the writers are just talking about what they had for breakfast. They already have recorded them and at least it's something if nothing else. I've more or less accepted the absence of deleted scenes as much as I welcome them.

I bought Season 20 on Blu-Ray on my birthday years ago to have at least the episodes that were in HD, in HD. Thanks to Disney, I am glad that I have that release.

With Disney now owning the rights to The Simpsons, more DVD and Blu-Ray releases are in limbo. If Fox wasn't bought by Disney, Season 20 would have been announced this year.

Also, Season 18 has gone out of print and it's now expensive! If not for the sale by Disney, it would have still been in print.

I hope they make a new full version of Season 20 this year with commentary on the episodes and Extras since the first season 20 was like a test set.

Have any of you bought replacement cases for the boxsets after S10? I ordered some online today because the cases seem to scratch the discs being crammed in the boxes. Sucks because the artwork is actually pretty cool on them.

Nah I like the artwork. I'm just careful with taking the discs out and putting them back in. The case is more of a shelf-piece anyway. If there's an odd episode that doesn't play, I'll just bite the bullet and stream it if I'm binging in order.

I kept the original boxes but just wanted to use better cases to keep them in, I received them in the mail yesterday and they're pretty good for what I purchased.

Back