General CD/Vinyl/Cassette Thread

@John95, Ya, I really like those two and I would consider them two standouts (I was surprised to find the former's 'Bridge Ove Troubled Water', seeing as it's a popular album classic and one of those that someone oughta have nabbed before I get there. I guess the store had just put it out on the shelf and I was lucky to get it before anyone else), but they are probably the most well-known of the bunch, lol.

Of those in the same pic, Deacon Blue's 'Raintown' & Keane's 'Under The Iron Sea' turned out to be pleasant surprises. Of the prior pic, the R.E.M. albums I also consider standouts (the Beck one also made for a nice listen). Always nice to discover neat albums by "new" artists.

Time to show what I've gotten since my last image post.
DSCN2449.JPG
Among the highlights here are the Elvis compilation and the soundtracks for The Nightmare Before Christmas and Brother Bear.

The Elvis compilation is noteworthy because despite only paying $1 for it from my local Saint Vincent de Paul's Thrift Store, looking on eBay I was surprised to see that it usually goes for no lower than $25 or so and that's in the same pre-owned condition my copy was in! Though I think the fact that this is a Time-Life release might have something to do with it as a lot of their stuff isn't sold in stores meaning you can only get them via mail-in offers usually provided on late night TV (which is further evidenced by how the back cover of the CD shows no bar code).

The soundtracks for The Nightmare Before Christmas and Brother Bear I got because both films recently celebrated their significant milestones (the former turning 30 on October 29th and the latter turning 20 this past Wednesday) and they're the only ones here that were eBay purchases.

This release of The Nightmare Before Christmas is from 2006 when the film was rereleased into theaters (and with a 3D conversion if I'm remembering correctly) and comes with a bonus disc consisting of a few covers of some of the film's songs as well as original demos by the film's composer Danny Elfman. Last thing I'll note is that although I didn't see the film in theaters in 2006, I did in fact catch it on TV that year when Cartoon Network showed it a day or two before Halloween which was the first time I'd actually watch the film from start to finish after having only seen bits and pieces before then.

Brother Bear on the other hand is a film that I have mixed feelings on (though my opinion of it is a bit more positive after having rewatched it a few days ago), but it does have a great soundtrack even if Tarzan is the superior Disney movie/soundtrack (which I have on both CD and cassette) that Phil Colins contributed to.

That's a good batch with some interesting picks.

This release of The Nightmare Before Christmas is from 2006 when the film was rereleased into theaters (and with a 3D conversion if I'm remembering correctly) and comes with a bonus disc consisting of a few covers of some of the film's songs as well as original demos by the film's composer Danny Elfman. Last thing I'll note is that although I didn't see the film in theaters in 2006, I did in fact catch it on TV that year when Cartoon Network showed it a day or two before Halloween which was the first time I'd actually watch the film from start to finish after having only seen bits and pieces before then.

I've seen that 2006 cover of the TNBC soundtrack before and I believe it still is the one considered regular CD version of it to date.

I don't have the official release myself (though I have it on an old CD-R on a shelf since 16 something years back) but I am however looking for the official one. It is a great soundtrack with great songs (one of the best set of songs to an animated musical, in my honest opinions) of a great movie(and I guess it's time to pull it up again now for its 30th anniversary).

Speaking of the movie, I remember when I first saw it They had a surprise screening of the film at my school in December prior to Christmas break. It was projected on a wall (via projector, obviously; I guess that can counts as seeing it on the big screen, lol) and it really left an impact. What a movie, working both as a Halloween and as a Christmas movie (but I most often tend to watch it for the latter).

Brother Bear on the other hand is a film that I have mixed feelings on (though my opinion of it is a bit more positive after having rewatched it a few days ago), but it does have a great soundtrack even if Tarzan is the superior Disney movie/soundtrack (which I have on both CD and cassette) that Phil Colins contributed to.

I think 'Brother Bear' fine enough film despite its flaws, but it has great animation and a solid soundtrack (which I don't have), but I agree that 'Tarzan' is the much better Disney film and soundtrack that involved Phil Collins (and that soundtrack I do own).

Last edited:
DSCN2484.JPG
Last month was pretty dry in terms of what I got, with the majority consisting of a few eBay purchases which were also the highlights (the Sesame Street CD and the movie soundtracks) and only two that I was able to find at my usual haunts here town.

The soundtracks I got because much like last time, they were ones that had milestones coming up in November (A Bug's Life turning 25 on the 25th and Catching Fire turning 10 on the 22nd). Unlike with The Nightmare Before Christmas and Brother Bear however, I actually did see both in the theater with A Bug's Life being my second theatrical experience overall (the first being Mulan)! Catching Fire was also a significant theatrical experience for me as it was one of the first movies* I got to see on my own without anyone in my family with me. My mother took me to the theater and gave me money to pay for my ticket and popcorn, but she had other things to do that day leaving just me and a few other unrelated people to see it (this was also the first showing of the day, and not long after they'd opened for the day). It was also my first time seeing a movie after getting a better understanding of the economics of movie theaters. Like by now I'd learned that the reason why the concessions are so overpriced is because it's really the only way they can make money as the majority of the price you pay for a ticket will go back to the studio with the theater being lucky if they'll get even 25% of it (and I might be too generous assuming the percentage number is even that high).

The soundtrack for Catching Fire managed to arrive two days before the milestone, but A Bug's Life unfortunately ended up arriving two days late.

*I'd also seen the 2013 version of The Great Gatsby a few months prior as part of a school trip and it was just me for that as well. But it ended up being the first (and still only) movie I've ever walked out of with about 20 minutes left after spending most of it completely bored and actually nodding off briefly at one point. Catching Fire was my first movie on my own that I actually watched from start to finish.

By the way, @CousinMerl I think it might interest you to know that one of the songs on the Sesame Street CD (which is for an album that was first released in 1983) is called (I Can't Get No) Co-Operation and it's attributed to a band known as the Sesame Street Cobblestones who's frontman is known as Mick Swagger. Although I was already familiar with the song plus the band being called the Cobblestones through it's inclusion on a VHS release that was put out in the early 90s, it was only in 2016 that I learned of the frontman's name and it wasn't very long after The Loud House had begun airing which of course has their own Mick Swagger. I definitely consider this a coincidence though as this album is the only time that character has been given a name, and as previously mentioned it was first released in 1983 with the CD shown here being from it's latest release which happened all the way back in 1995.

Last month was pretty dry in terms of what I got, with the majority consisting of a few eBay purchases which were also the highlights (the Sesame Street CD and the movie soundtracks) and only two that I was able to find at my usual haunts here town.

I think five albums is still a good batch (some others who have posted in this thread have only posted when they picked up a handful of items, some only one or two), but compared to your usual amount then I guess it could be counted as a dry mount. Though still, I think the amount doesn't really matter as long as the album finds one have made are good ones, at least.

And as usual, it is interesting to hear your backstories behind the album pickups and any related significance behind them. I liked your story behind your first cinema visit on your own, for one thing (I've forgotten which was the first movie I saw on my own though, so I cannot share before I remember which one it was, lol).

By the way, @CousinMerl I think it might interest you to know that one of the songs on the Sesame Street CD (which is for an album that was first released in 1983) is called (I Can't Get No) Co-Operation and it's attributed to a band known as the Sesame Street Cobblestones who's frontman is known as Mick Swagger. Although I was already familiar with the song plus the band being called the Cobblestones through it's inclusion on a VHS release that was put out in the early 90s, it was only in 2016 that I learned of the frontman's name and it wasn't very long after The Loud House had begun airing which of course has their own Mick Swagger. I definitely consider this a coincidence though as this album is the only time that character has been given a name, and as previously mentioned it was first released in 1983 with the CD shown here being from it's latest release which happened all the way back in 1995.

Yeah, I think that is an interesting fun fact tidbit that I did not know about. Didn't expect you to go so in depth there but I like hearing the story of how you found out about the name already being used for a character (and how you found was relatively close to 'The Loud House' starting its run in 2016: I didn't start watching that show until probably half a year later during fall, though now I digress).

I too would say that the name Mick Swagger has to be a coincidence, but having said that, I don't think we could completely rule out someone on the TLH crew remembering that Sesame Street band (an overt parody of the Rolling Stones) and decided they reference it by utilizing Mick Swagger for their own rock star parody character: Could never have guessed there was already a character by that name some 35 years prior. Speaking of that album, I checked on the muppets wiki and it's a compilation album from Sesame Street-related productions. Interesting how its last reprint was in 1995 (like you said) considering the popularity of the source material, so I guess it's probably more obscure.

(Also those vinyls look pre cool, @goodfella. Nice pickups)

(I've forgotten which was the first movie I saw on my own though, so I cannot share before I remember which one it was, lol).
On that note, can you at least remember the very first film you saw in theaters and/or if there's any that you ever walked out of?

I guess it's probably more obscure
There are a few listings for it and if you're lucky you can get it for a decent price (mine was about $15). Same goes for the Sesame Road CD (which was a follow-up to Born to Add) I got back in October. But there are more Sesame Street CDs out there that are much harder to find and twice as pricy (usually because they were only released once and at least 20 years old) such as Elmo Says BOO! which I was incredibly lucky to get for $15 as part of a lot listing as most times it's lowest price by itself is close to $45!

On that note, can you at least remember the very first film you saw in theaters and/or if there's any that you ever walked out of?

Oh right, I'm pretty sure my first theater experience was 'The Lion King' (and speaking of which, I think it was the first movie soundtrack I've owned, albeit it was a recording I did on cassette tape from a CD borrowed from a neigbor. Though I do own it on CD since way back, I still have that tape to this day, which is kinda neat and nostalgic). As for the other thing, I honestly haven't walked out of a movie since I never felt that I hated or couldn't stomach a film I saw in theater, even if I wasn't a big fan of it. I guess I've chosen well.

There are a few listings for it and if you're lucky you can get it for a decent price (mine was about $15). Same goes for the Sesame Road CD (which was a follow-up to Born to Add) I got back in October. But there are more Sesame Street CDs out there that are much harder to find and twice as pricy (usually because they were only released once and at least 20 years old) such as Elmo Says BOO! which I was incredibly lucky to get for $15 as part of a lot listing as most times it's lowest price by itself is close to $45!

Kinda crazy those Sesame Street CDs are a hot commodity of sorts (again, especially considering the source material) but I guess it may have something to do with The Muppets always being more widely popular and have consistently gotten the main glut of material throughout the years, which may have caused the Sesame Street material to not be re-pressed (also, we rarely hear of the latter these days, at least compared to The Muppets which seem to be the big evergreen thing, so that may factor into it as well).

Here's what I've gotten for the past week since my last post:
DSCN2524.JPG
DSCN2523.JPG
DSCN2526.JPG
The CDs in the first image consist of one CD from my local Saint Vincent de Paul's (the FireHouse one) and an eBay purchase (Letters to Santa: A Holiday Musical Collection, which I got because it has a version* of a song that was featured in Letters to Santa, a Muppet Christmas special from 2008 that actually turns 15 tomorrow as of this post). The second image consists of a notable visit to the aforementioned thrift store after they restocked on CDs in at least a month. And finally, the third image consists of what I got during my town's most recent book sale this past Saturday (the 4 CDs in the first row) as well as a return to my local Saint Vincent de Paul's to pick up some remaining CDs that I wasn't able to get a few days earlier due to nearly running out of cash the first time (everything in the second image came out to $31.65 and I paid that exact amount with no change leftover).

*Note I said a version of a song from the aforementioned Muppet Christmas special is on this CD. That's because the song called Delivering Christmas as featured on this CD for whatever reason appears to be the demo version as two of the vocals are different compared to how they are in the special and it's even shorter than the version of the song that's available digitally as part of the special's soundtrack EP.

That's another heft haul, nothing less to be expected of our CD enthusiast @John95. You got some interesting stuff among those, it seems (and as usual, you definitely have some well stocked thrift shops, etc; though I remember that you have said there are dry periods as well).

I was recently visiting the local thrift shops (first time in little over a month; have not been too well) and found a lot of recently added CDs (not all interesting but saw some that caught my eye) so there's been some refilling going on and just in time for Christmas.

*Note I said a version of a song from the aforementioned Muppet Christmas special is on this CD. That's because the song called Delivering Christmas as featured on this CD for whatever reason appears to be the demo version as two of the vocals are different compared to how they are in the special and it's even shorter than the version of the song that's available digitally as part of the special's soundtrack EP.

At first I was gonna ask why you got a Christmas album for one song, but then I remembered that you're a huge Muppet fan (our resident Muppet fan, I'd say) so I understand why you'd get it for just one alternate variant of a song. Though I think that otherwise, the song would've been easy to find online, but at the same time it's nice to have it on disc, even if it's surrounded by other songs one don't really care about.

I had a few albums that slipped by my last couple of photoshoots so I'd probably snap a shot with those.

Last edited:
Here's the rest of what I was able to get this year. With the exception of the Muppet and Sesame Street Christmas CDs (which are eBay purchases), everything comes from my usual local thrift stores.
DSCN2543.JPG

CDs
Bob Dylan - Dylan (2007)
Justin Bieber - My World (2009)
Justin Bieber - My World 2.0 (2010)
KISS - Carnival of Fools: The Last Sessions (1997)
The Mavericks - From Hell to Paradise (1992)
Queensryche - Promised Land (1994)
Warrant - Ultraphobic (1995)
Flower Power - Groovin' (2007)
Flower Power - Born to Be Wild (2007)
Flower Power - Age of Aquarius (2007)
Christmas Comedy Classics (1985)
NBC Celebrity Christmas (2003)
The Muppets - A Green and Red Christmas (2006; 2011 rerelease with 2 bonus tracks)
Sesame Street - Elmo Saves Christmas: Holiday Favorites (1998)

Vinyl
Judy Collins - Wildflowers (1967)
Judy Collins - Whales & Nightingales (1972)
Elvis Presley - It's Now or Never (1960)

And some things I have to say about a few of the albums:

Dylan - A compilation of Bob Dylan's most well-known hits which I decided to get because while I have a bit of Bob Dylan within my physical archive, very little of what I have contains his most famous songs. For example, before now I don't think I had any CD with Hurricane on it.

Flower Power - Compilation CDs like these that are put out by Time-Life are a great way of getting hard copies of songs from artists or groups where it's not as common to find CDs of them. Examples from these CDs include Fire by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown and Summertime Blues by Blue Cheer.

NBC Celebrity Christmas - Got this because of two of the tracks and the people on said tracks. The first being Bebe Neuwirth singing Baby, It's Cold Outside with John Lithgow and the other being Wendie Malick (Eda from The Owl House and Chicha from The Emperor's New Groove franchise among other roles) singing Santa Baby.

A Green and Red Christmas - Originally released in 2006, this printing is from 2011 shortly before the release of the 2011 Muppets film which adds two bonus tracks not on the original release. The first being I Wish I Was Santa Claus from Letters to Santa making this the only other CD to date to contain any songs from the TV special, and the other being a track from Andrea Bocelli's 2009 Christmas album My Christmas where the Muppets appeared on the song Jingle Bells. That name might sound familiar for those who remember that one Disney Plus Simpsons short from last year (which so far appears to be the last one to date which is probably for the best), but I myself had already had a copy of that album for a few years before the short came out (and yes, it was largely for that track that featured the Muppets, similar to why I got Cee-Lo Green's Christmas album last year).

I own a lot of old vinyl records, mostly of classic rock bands from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s. I inherited them from my father. I also have a lot of CDs too. You can call me an old dinosaur I guess. 🦖

bought one of my favourites from discogs this week - the german pressing of the gun club's miami

Looks like a really neat find (even though I don't think I've heard of the band before, lol; may go look it up now).

I own a lot of old vinyl records, mostly of classic rock bands from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s. I inherited them from my father. I also have a lot of CDs too. You can call me an old dinosaur I guess. 🦖

I don't think one is a dinosaur for having physical media (CDs and Vinyls in this case). With the advent of online streaming services and so forth, there's been a bit of a vocal disdain and criticism toward owning physical media, but with the issues and drawbacks of those services getting all the more apparent these days, I'm thinking there won't be as much scoffing at physical.

Last edited:
I don't think one is a dinosaur for having physical media (CDs and Vinyls in this case). With the advent of online streaming services and so forth, there's been a bit of a vocal disdain and criticism toward owning physical media, but with the issues and drawbacks of those services are getting all the more apparent these days, I'm thinking there won't be as much scoffing at physical.
Glad to hear it. I also own a shit ton of DVDs as well. 🦕

After a slow start to the new year, here's everything I've gotten so far over the past month and a half:
DSCN2584.JPG
The Sesame Street CD is from eBay, while the rest is from either my usual places around town or my library's first book sale of the year (the CDs in the bottom row).

Everything shown:
Sesame Street - Numbers (1995 CD release of album originally released in 1977)
Sesame Street - Afraid of the Dark read-along cassette (1987)
Aaron Neville - The Tattooed Heart (1995)
Carpenters - Christmas Collection (1997 2 disc release of both of the Carpenters' past Christmas albums)
The Very Best of Glen Campbell (1987)
Lee Brice - Love Like Crazy (2010)
Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas (Deluxe Anniversary Edition) (2019)
Miranda Lambert - Kerosene (2005)
Pam Tillis - All of This Love (1995)
Trace Adkins - Songs About Me (2005)
Vixen - Rev It Up (1990)
Wings Greatest (1978)
Billboard's Top Rock 'n' Roll Hits: 1966
Brian McComas (2003)
The Best of the Gatlins (1996)
For Our Children (1991)
Stormy Weather (1998)

That seem to be a good bunch of finds, @John95. Some interesting pieces in there, even if nothing stands out to me immediately.

I've also gotten some stuff & made some finds in the recent months. I've taken a few pics, but there always seem to be something added late I'll have to redo it again, lol. Maybe this time I'll get it right.

Here's what I've gotten since my last post:
DSCN2605.JPG
DSCN2590.JPG
As per usual, the Sesame Street CDs are eBay purchases, and while not intentional (as I was picking them based on pricing and scarcity) they all have a theme of being compilation albums centered on characters who've been part of the show since day one and continue to be mainstays nearly 55 years later.

The other two CDs are from my local Saint Vincent de Paul's thrift store which is also where the LPs came from. The 45's are from the other local thrift store I often frequent.

CDs
Sesame Street - The Bird is the Word! Big Bird's Favorite Songs (1995)
Sesame Street - Bert and Ernie's Greatest Hits (1996)
Sesame Street - Oscar's Trashy Songs (1997)
Boz Scaggs - Hits! (1980)
Phil Collins - Testify (2002)

LPs
Billy Joel - The Nylon Curtain (1981)
Gerry Rafferty - City to City (1978)
Uriah Heep - Wonderworld (1974)

45s
Alicia Bridges - I Love the Night Life (Disco 'Round) (1978)
Helen Reddy - I Am Woman (1972)
Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From (1975)
Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love (1978)
Paul Simon - Late in the Evening (1980)
Ray Parker, Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do) (1981)
Shalamar - Dancing in the Sheets (1984)

@John95, It's only been a few weeks but you have collected lots of interesting stuff as usual. Kind of unusual to see you having gotten so many vinyl singles, but I suppose you're collecting those as well (and lots of 70s ones; I guess it is time for a disco party, lol).

Gonna come back with a new post of finds soon, by the way. Has been a while.

Kind of unusual to see you having gotten so many vinyl singles, but I suppose you're collecting those as well (and lots of 70s ones; I guess it is time for a disco party, lol).
Been collecting them for about as long as I've been collecting LPs which is going on about 9 years now. The first ones I ever got were Magic by Pilot and A Fifth of Beethoven by Walter Murphy (who I'm actually fairly familiar with through his work with Seth MacFarlane).

Been collecting them for about as long as I've been collecting LPs which is going on about 9 years now.

That long? Well, it seems like you haven't posted a lot of new ones you've found in this thread (at least compared to your CDs and regular vinyl records), but I'm guessing you've gotten most of them prior to this thread being a thing.

A Fifth of Beethoven by Walter Murphy (who I'm actually fairly familiar with through his work with Seth MacFarlane).

I also have learned Walter Murphy was an accomplished musician long before he even worked on Seth's shows. Kind of interesting he was the guy Seth picked to do music for an animated comedy series.

Well, so I decided to my very overdue return to this thread, posting my thrift pickups since the last time I posted pics in this thread (which was some five months ago, give or take), albeit from a month ago and before. Anything from March and forward will come later.

First pic is of the December stuff, second pic is that from January and February.

CDDec24.png
CDJanFeb24.png

Special mentions goes to the film soundtracks, including the score album to John Carpenter's 'The Fog' (my first score soundtrack in quite a while & one I picked up as a bit of a curiosity and liked a fair bit; it's neat).

A notable one is the debut album of 'Asia', of which the edition here is an SHM-CD, apparently a special type of limited edition high quality CD manufactured in Japan that I hadn't heard of before and made me curious (plays perfectly without a hitch in normal players) so this CD is an import (and also included a small paper spine sleeve with Japanese text on it).

Last edited:
An addendum to my above post.

Album finds from March & April (so far). Intended to post this the other day but it got delayed.

033534546.png

Here's what I've gotten over the last month and a half:
DSCN2635.JPG
DSCN2657.JPG
With the exception of Dreamytime Songs, all the Sesame Street CDs here are among some of the rarest as their usual starting prices on eBay tends to be as low as $30 to $40 and as high as $80! Yet the most I ended up paying for any of these was Happy Birthday! which was $27 which might seem like a lot for one CD, but it's better than the close to $40 that it normally goes for.

All the rest are from my local Saint Vincent de Paul's excluding the bottom two which are from my library's most recent book sale this past weekend.

Sesame Street - Happy Birthday! (2004 release of album originally released in 1977)
Sesame Street - Dreamytime Songs (1996)
Sesame Street - A Celebration of Me, Grover (2004)
Sesame Street - Old School, Vol. 2 (2010 3 disc set consisting of three albums released for the first time on CD: 1971's The Year of Roosevelt Franklin [under it's 1975 rerelease title of My Name is Roosevelt Franklin], 1974's Grover Sings the Blues and 1975's The Count Counts)
Burl Ives - America's Favorite Balladeer (1998)
The Kingston Trio - Trio Treasures & Folk Favorites (2000)
Maxi Priest - Man with the Fun (1996)
Sammy Kershaw - The Hits: Chapter One (1995)
Suzy Bogguss - Greatest Hits (1994)
Terri Clark (1995)
AM Gold: The Late 60's (1992)
AM Gold: Mid-60's Classics (1992)
AM Gold: The Early 60's (1992)
Country Jukebox Greatest Hits: Volume One (1993)
Country Jukebox Greatest Hits: Volume Two (1993)
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2: Legends of Honky Tonk (1995)
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 3: Legends of Nashville (1996)
50 Number One Country Hits (1996)
Millennium '60s Rock Party (1999)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (disc 2 from 3-disc set released in 1991)
The Songs of West Side Story (1995)

@CousinMerl Those are definitely some great ones you've found, and a few that I myself would kill to have such as the soundtrack for The Rose (though I do have it on LP, but it's missing it's box), Toto's debut album and that Genesis compilation (only have a few of their albums, and none of them have their biggst hits like That's All or Land of Confusion, nor do I have them on any of the 200+ various artists compilations that I currently have).

With the exception of Dreamytime Songs, all the Sesame Street CDs here are among some of the rarest as their usual starting prices on eBay tends to be as low as $30 to $40 and as high as $80! Yet the most I ended up paying for any of these was Happy Birthday! which was $27 which might seem like a lot for one CD, but it's better than the close to $40 that it normally goes for.

It's ridiculous how rare and expensive this kind of CDs are (at least online), but I assume it as usual has something to do with them being pressed in relatively small quantities and went out of print in some years, which make the price gougers on eBay arise (but at least it isn't anything compared the insanity of the Disney Black Diamond VHS hoax that everyone bough into... and still do).

But anyhow, nice that you, as a Muppets collector, didn't have to pay exorbitant prices for these.

Those are definitely some great ones you've found, and a few that I myself would kill to have such as the soundtrack for The Rose (though I do have it on LP, but it's missing it's box), Toto's debut album and that Genesis compilation (only have a few of their albums, and none of them have their biggst hits like That's All or Land of Confusion, nor do I have them on any of the 200+ various artists compilations that I currently have).

Nice that you do see some cool stuff among these. Hope you'll find the sountrack for The Rose on CD (which was kind of a curiosity find for me back in December) as well as the other two. I imagined you'd have the latter ones, especially the Genesis album: I came across that & one of their early 80's ones and naturally went with this as I had been looking for a Genesis compilation (and to be honest, this CD I had almost forgotten about getting last month or so, which is why I had to redo the photoshoot for the last post :lol: ).

Any other album(s) that stand out and that you are looking for and hoping to find?

It's ridiculous how rare and expensive this kind of CDs are (at least online), but I assume it as usual has something to do with them being pressed in relatively small quantities and went out of print in some years
More or less, but also likely other reasons depending on the release.

Happy Birthday! was released in conjunction with the show's 35th anniversary which occured in 2004. I've seen it reported that this release occured in September, so if it was only meant to be available for the show's anniversary than it wouldn't have been out for long.

A Celebration of Me, Grover (which was released around the same time as Happy Birthday!) was a tie-in to the video of the same name (which I found a copy of last year and was part of a post I made in the home media thread). It's rarity likely stems from how until 2019 it was the final Sesame Street album to include any newly recorded material as everything else after that through 2018 would either be the two Old School box sets, Amazon MOD releases of their first two Christmas albums from 1975 & 1984 (which as you can imagine are also very hard to find) or compilation releases of already released material (though a scant few would be lucky to contain at least one track appearing on CD for the first time from an album that still is only on LP or digital).

Lastly, the Old School releases are aimed at more of a niche which are the fans who grew up with the show when the albums included in it were originally released. Like, I don't think the typical member of the show's main demographic back in 2010 would've begged their parents to get this wanting to listen to an album devoted to Roosevelt Franklin, a character who hasn't been a relevant part of the show since 1975. And yeah, lower quantities/not as many sold likely factors too as while Old School Vol. 1 (which was also released in 2010) tends to go for about the same eBay prices normally, your chances of finding that one are still better than volume 2.

Any other album(s) that stand out and that you are looking for and hoping to find?
Just from looking at the images, I would say the other Toto album and the soundtracks for West Side Story if it's the movie version (already have the original Broadway cast recording), Money Talks and Bad Boys.

More or less, but also likely other reasons depending on the release.

Nice to read those release breakdowns on those albums, which do context and possible reasons why they are rare to come by. Don't seem like they initially anticipated how popular and sought-after those would become, hence the situation with them fetching high prices online.

Just from looking at the images, I would say the other Toto album and the soundtracks for West Side Story if it's the movie version (already have the original Broadway cast recording), Money Talks and Bad Boys.

Good picks. And yes, it is the West Side Story soundtrack (the 1961 film; I thought you that one already, bt) and the 'Money Talks' & 'Bad Boys' soundtracks are good ones too (I'd also recommend the one for 'Dangerous Minds'); solid compilations.

I'd also reccommend Asia's debut album, but guessing you have it (Btw, do you have any of those SHM-CDs? I hadn't even heard of them before getting this one and I am sure they are somewhat rare outside Japan).

Back