Gender option rant

[MENTION=62459]pkkao[/MENTION] makes a compelling point.

[MENTION=72189]ataeaf[/MENTION] care to explain yourself? Was this thread just a ruse for you to make some dumb joke?

[MENTION=72189]ataeaf[/MENTION] care to explain yourself? Was this thread just a ruse for you to make some dumb joke?

I really was ticked off that there was no option for non-binary. I just thought it would be funny to have that. I’ve changed it back.

Also, please remove the “...we hope” thing.

that has been discussed, apparently they can't withiut it fuckin up th board. at least they tried and the custom option makes up for it

Oh. Well...

pBGn10C.jpg

BUMP.

the horribly insulting "we hope" bit is removed. It was actually removed from the DB with kupo tried, but the old phrase got stuck in a cache when it error'd out on her.

First the search function gets fixed and now the gender option stuff is being improved further? Solid night for the board following all that downtime the past couple days. Can't help but wonder what's coming next. :D

[MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] was the "We hope" thing a default comment that was part of a vBulletin template or was it just an ill-thought out inclusion all those years ago?

[MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] was the "We hope" thing a default comment that was part of a vBulletin template or was it just an ill-thought out inclusion all those years ago?

i honestly don't know, i tend to only deal with the technical portions of the board (which this stemmed into since it was database sadness causing kupo to not be able to edit it), but I would guess it stemmed from either a long-ago mod adding it and not thinking or a plugin author -- I don't think it's stock VB (i couldn't find any other boards with it on a very quick google search).

Ah, okay then. Obviously it's shitty that it existed either way but I suppose it's at least somewhat better to know that this was just a poor decision on the part of a single person here that has been corrected rather than some sort of default option for literally every vBulletin board in existence.

that was probably horrible 21 year old me. I kinda recall using another popular board's profile settings for reference and tweaking them, but this was well over a decade ago so I can't give you a definite answer.

regardless it was an awful statement. free full-grown african elephants to all who were offended.

damn [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] you fixed a lot. you are owed many beers and/or whiskey when I return to the KC area

why would u ever willingly go to kansas
this is a q for you too [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION]

the KC area's tech boom brought him there. plus cost of living is probably cheaper than most metropolitan areas, aside from homeowners insurance.

work sent me there once, though I haven't been in awhile.

that was probably horrible 21 year old me. I kinda recall using another popular board's profile settings for reference and tweaking them, but this was well over a decade ago so I can't give you a definite answer.

regardless it was an awful statement. free full-grown african elephants to all who were offended.

Eh, I wouldn't hold that against you. I've came across posts from around 2005 from members who are still around today and pretty well respected casually calling things and/or other people retarded with like, nobody giving them shit for it. Obviously me saying it's fine doesn't really mean squat because it's not like I'm trans or in a place of authority on the matter where I can speak for others, but y'know, it was over a decade ago and certain issues of LGBTQ+ discrimination as well as ableism weren't exactly given as much of a public platform with which to reach people and say "Hey, so that's really not okay, here's why, please stop doing that". I'm more than guilty of saying my fair share of insensitive things over the years as both a teenager and an early 20-something, but what's important now is that the board tries to be a bit more socially conscious and things seem to be going in the right direction as of late in that regards with others being quick to call others out for saying shitty things about marginalised groups, so it's nice to see that an undesirable comment within the board's settings has been removed so as to be a bit more welcoming.

Good on you for taking responsibility and apologising for it, even if it wasn't your doing as you said you aren't 100% sure on that. :thumbsup:

you don't have to go to kansas to get bbq, there's plenty of that here in the south. can probably find good bbq like that in most places in the us.

disagree with shaun though, looks tasty.

should've said kansas city is one of the few places with google fiber, that's something worth living there for.

looks pretty Tasty but i can get that Quality even here in PA

it's the only bbq place anthony bordain says you have to eat before you die, so i'll stand by it.

Back