Futurama General Discussion

Yeah I'm playing it. It's funny but it's TinyCo so it sucks if you aren't fully dedicated / can only play a few times a day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Takes forever to unlock land because you have to run Planet Express missions in the ship out in space to earn the currency for it, or complete tasks to earn currency maybe. Many of the early tasks are "BUILD THIS THING," so...great.

It takes awhile for your dark matter energy or whatever to then refill to max after 1 mission and there's not much point in going when it's not maxed out or you have to back out at some point during mission instead of earn your goodies right there.

You also need to run these missions to earn other currency, upgrades, etc. to level up your characters or do other things in-game. If you 100% a mission, you earn 5 extra pizza slices which are the Premium currency.

The game wants me to perform a task with Hedonism bot. The task requires him to be Level 12. He is Level 4 because the game just freaking started and I have no more upgrade chips because I need to run PE missions. Fun!!!!

I'll stick with it but right now it's got all the shitty issues of Family Guy game in the skin of Futurama. Technically that just makes it better by default... but I do like the little RPG-style battles you do on missions. And the music is nice to hear.

Played with it for a few days and deleted it, just way too annoying and prohibitive. It throws all these tasks at you that you can't do because you need to do x, y, and z first and you can't do x because you need to do a, b, and c, etc etc.

The music was good though

Yeah, I spent way too much time playing the Family Guy game and it got way too annoying. As soon as I opened Worlds of Tomorrow and saw the TinyCo logo I knew it would be more of the same... yup. Played it once.

Well if the old cast and crew have the time for weird stuff like this, I'm still all for it. Love old radio drama, sounds more worth of peoples time than the game, despite this probably only being made to promote said game. Would like to hear this, hopefully they make more of them later on.

[MENTION=48254]1010011010[/MENTION] the story of the radio play is directly linked to the plot of the mobile app so if you don't play it, odds are you're gonna be completely fucking lost.

This is honestly just sad. If they're not gonna bring it back as a show then why keep dragging out its demise?

I still would be down for a movie if they would finally just accept that it can't come back as a show and could use a true finale.

I was fine with "Meanwhile" being the end even though like every Futurama finale, it's open ended.

It's hard to say if a movie would really be a good idea at this point since they've already cranked out 4 DVD ones. If they wanted to go full theatrical that'd be cool but I'd also worry that it'd be focus grouped to shit like The Simpsons Movie was.

I feel like Bender's Big Score was the ultimate idea for the perfect Futurama movie. The rest are still good but feels weird to have an entire Futurama movie focus on tentacle dating, Dungeons & Dragons and nature activists... + golf.

Good News, Everyone, You’ll Be Able To Watch ‘Futurama’ On Hulu Soon
#Hulu #Futurama
Josh Kurp 10.12.17
Facebook Twitter

COMEDY CENTRAL
Like fans of 30 Rock and Buffy the Vampire Slayer before and after them, Futurama viewers were none too pleased when Matt Groening’s animated series was removed from Netflix. (Technically, only seasons 1-6 were removed, while the Comedy Central years remained, but let’s just say there’s a lot of people consider the real series finale to be “The Devil’s Hands Are Idle Playthings.”) Well, good news everyone: beginning October 16, every episode of Futurama, including the four movies, will be available on Hulu.
“Since our inception, one of the things that has consistently remained true is that Hulu viewers love animation,” Hulu’s VP of content acquisition Lisa Holme said over the summer. “That’s why we are incredibly proud to offer even more beloved animated comedies through this new deal.” The deal with 20th Century Fox includes not only Futurama, but also American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Bob’s Burgers; they’re joined by other animated offerings like Adventure Time, The Boondocks, Regular Show, and South Park.
Hulu won’t be the only place you can watch Futurama, though.
Syfy announced that it has acquired the animated comedy series Futurama from Twentieth Television in a multi-year, non-exclusive deal that includes all 140 HD episodes of the series. The acquisition is part of the networks planned branding reboot and new programming lineup. Futurama will premier on Syfy on Nov. 11 with the series airing regularly in primetime on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8a.m. to 2a.m. ET/PT and on Saturday mornings from 8 to 11a.m. ET/PT. (Via)
Futurama is going to be everywhere soon, which is good news if you want to cry your eyes out while watching “Jurassic Bark” for the 32nd time.

Futurama Is Finally on Hulu Today The Entire series! and Futurama was bought by the Sy-Fy Network from The Fox Network hopefully this means new Episodes on Sy-Fy Network or Hulu! I have started my Hulu Futurama Marathon with Space Pilot 3000 I started It at 3 AM In the morning I watched 3 episodes to start with then went to sleep and woke up latter and watched some more!

Facebook pages for media nowadays are nothing but people mindlessly praising it like robots. It's just the same ol' generic "omg this show is amazing" "latest episode was hilarious :laughcry:". Been a while since I checked but no matter what Futurama posted, people just spammed "Bring back Futurama" in the comments.

I would be fine with Futurama returning, but it's nothing I crave, and everyone bitching about it is getting on my nerves.

Can't we let things die? Futurama's comeback was already hardly worth it; 2 good movies with 1 decent one, a few good episodes at the start and then a handful of good/decent ones from the remaining bunch. Bringing it back a first time had merit due to the potential it had, again would be overkill and nonsensical after how poor it quickly became.

People will never be satisfied. There are already people on Facebook being upset over The Simpsons ending soon.

No 20-minute TV show should have five movies. Bender's Big Score was the perfect idea for a Futurama movie, the rest just felt like extended episodes, and so would another movie as well unless they have an even greater idea (which they probably don't).

Futurama is already suffering from a fate worse than death: its IP being used for 2 (shitty) F2P mobile games which released hardly half a year apart. I wasn't impressed with how the Comedy Central run went and I doubt that the show will get any better with yet another revival, its better to just let it rest.

I thought the show had three mobile games? Game of Drones, Worlds of Tomorrow and then that Animation Throwdown one where it's crossed over with Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill and Bob's Burgers.

I loved Futurama's Fox run, and I've enjoyed playing the first four seasons back to back. Even its episodes that aren't great are still fun to watch. With the CC run, episodes could either be really good, or really poor. That middle line that was in the Fox one was very rare and every week I wondered how bad an episode could get, rather than how good it was. Best episodes are The Late Philip J. Fry and Prisoner of Benda at the least. Get someone to defend Futurama if they only watch something like Naturama, which I think all of us can agree is one of the show's worst episodes. Do we want it to get worse than that? No. Let's not give them the power of that risk and keep a once-great show forever dead.

I loved Futurama's Fox run, and I've enjoyed playing the first four seasons back to back. Even its episodes that aren't great are still fun to watch. With the CC run, episodes could either be really good, or really poor. That middle line that was in the Fox one was very rare and every week I wondered how bad an episode could get, rather than how good it was. Best episodes are The Late Philip J. Fry and Prisoner of Benda at the least. Get someone to defend Futurama if they only watch something like Naturama, which I think all of us can agree is one of the show's worst episodes. Do we want it to get worse than that? No. Let's not give them the power of that risk and keep a once-great show forever dead.

I loved all the seasons even the Comedy Central run and the movies and I think even with the CC Run you can say even the episodes that aren't that great were pretty good and better then most of the crap on TV If I had one Critique of the Comedy Central run It would have to be Christopher Tyng did not do the first two CC seasons and I believe that Is a big reason some people thought It wasn't the same, The Musical Score was way off. I still really liked the show without Christopher Tyng and I believe Tyng did the score for the last two seasons on Comedy Central. I would love for Disney to produce new episodes on The Fox Network now that they own The Fox Network and or Theatrical Futurama movies, heck at this point I would take straight to Blu-ray and Digital movies I am kind of desperate for Futurama Content and cant wait for Matt Groening's Disenchantment on Netflix! I loved the Radio Drama thing I would totally love to see a live cast reading of the show If It came to my area In Southwest Florida!

Naturama is a prime example of the injustice to bringing the show from the dead. Even if some episodes are better than the rest of tv, that does not make them any bit more enjoyable.

Disenchantment should be the end of futurama, yet an honorable salvage. The cast, animation, and writing are what I'm looking forward to.

I'm glad they brought it back even though the CC run was weaker than the FOX run. The CC run consisted of 4 mediocre 13-episode seasons, but collecting the best 20-22 of those would make for an absolutely excellent season of television.

Back